can somebody help me please, i have a blackberry z10 in the uk. when i use blackberry maps it finds my location no problem. then when i search for a road it suggests it no problem, when i click on it it takes me to the usa or canada every time. i totaly wiped and reset the device and the first time it worked perfectly. then when i tried again it took me straight back to the states. im at my wits end i need my maps i love this device but its got to go if the maps dont work. thanks, Matt.
    07-15-13 03:48 PM
    can somebody help me please, i have a blackberry z10 in the uk. when i use blackberry maps it finds my location no problem. then when i search for a road it suggests it no problem, when i click on it it takes me to the usa or canada every time. i totaly wiped and reset the device and the first time it worked perfectly. then when i tried again it took me straight back to the states. im at my wits end i need my maps i love this device but its got to go if the maps dont work. thanks, Matt.
    Hey Matt,

That's gotta be frustrating. I'm in western Canada and used BB Maps on my Z10 when I was in Turkey and it worked flawlessly.

Here are a couple of ideas:

1. From inside BB Maps, swipe down from the top and tap Settings, then clear the history.

or

2. When you enter the street name you are looking for, maybe also type in UK at the end? As in "Oxford Street, London, UK"

I did that just now and up popped a map of London's main shopping street.

It seems to default to the US & Canada if the country isn't specified. Too bad they don't link the Map default country to whatever is specified as your region under Settings/Language & Input.
    07-15-13 05:35 PM
    thanks for the reply Patrick, but i have tried both of those solutions to no avail. the maps knows my location and when i search for a street it finds it and states it is in the uk, but still when i select it it shows me a map of the us. im dumbfounded !!
    07-17-13 02:00 PM
    thanks for the reply Patrick, but i have tried both of those solutions to no avail. the maps knows my location and when i search for a street it finds it and states it is in the uk, but still when i select it it shows me a map of the us. im dumbfounded !!
    Glad to try to help. Can you take screen shot of the search result and post it here? Here is my search for Oxford Street, London, UK...

blackberry maps issue-img_00000472.png

I'm having some difficulty visualizing what you're describing. Maybe if you could post a screen shot or 2 to show the problem.

FYI: to take a screenshot using the Z10, press and hold both the volume up and down buttons at the same time. From inside CB10, tap attach picture and it should be the top thumbnail in your picture folder.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 06:52 PM