I was coding in my office and a newer graduate student saw me check my notification and he said, "BlackBerry made a phone like that?" I then show him around and he says, "Wow that's really clean." Not sure what his last comment was about but the point is that there are still people who have no idea that BlackBerry is back. I live in the Sacramento area in California, a heavily populated region and this is still happening. I have only seen one advertisement on Cartoon Network and one during the Super Bowl. Is BlackBerry marketing in other areas instead? Furthermore, that one advertisement didn't really show WHY you'd want a Z10 over anything else either and instead focused on one person moving and morphing into other people. This needs to change. Anyway, just thought I'd share.
    04-04-13 01:50 PM
    Yeah, they need to ramp up their marketing. I have seen 2 of their Z10 experience trucks in the windy city though.
    04-04-13 01:53 PM
    I was coding in my office and a newer graduate student saw me check my notification and he said, "BlackBerry made a phone like that?" I then show him around and he says, "Wow that's really clean." Not sure what his last comment was about but the point is that there are still people who have no idea that BlackBerry is back. I live in the Sacramento area in California, a heavily populated region and this is still happening. I have only seen one advertisement on Cartoon Network and one during the Super Bowl. Is BlackBerry marketing in other areas instead? Furthermore, that one advertisement didn't really show WHY you'd want a Z10 over anything else either and instead focused on one person moving and morphing into other people. This needs to change. Anyway, just thought I'd share.
    Agreed. I sell phones at Best Buy and I had this same discussion with our BlackBerry rep. BB has relaunched itself with a super competitive product. But for some reason, they aren't really telling anyone. IMO they should have launched the phone at $100 and spent 4x as much on advertising. As great as this phone is, they really need to get themselves back on the market and in front of consumers. Competitive pricing and good ad placements would do that.
    mattlov likes this.
    04-04-13 01:53 PM
    I'm in VA and haven't seen any on TV.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    HartfordWhalers and cocobrow like this.
    04-04-13 01:55 PM
    Hi Skype available for bb10??

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 01:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not yet Syam... Welcome to Crackberry Nation.

There is a thread concerning Skype in the Z10 forums.

04-04-13 02:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wrong thread to ask but it's not available yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 02:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    LOL I just spit coffee everywhere. Was totally not expecting something like that. No Syam, Skype is still not available. XD
    eldricho likes this.
    04-04-13 02:05 PM
    It did launch at $99. T-Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 02:08 PM
    It did launch at $99. T-Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    You mean $531.99. ; )
    ErinnM, Ojhoana and jordandrews90 like this.
    04-04-13 02:12 PM
    Check out this post I link to really cool marketing website. Need to get the word out and these phones will sell out.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 02:15 PM
    04-04-13 02:15 PM
    The advertising is heavily centered on social media, and not on tv ads ill show you 2 links to illustrate this.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 02:18 PM
    04-04-13 02:28 PM
    Essentially I think they want people to share these links on facebook and have it go viral. Which would be very cost effective and much better than TV ads. If people actually do it.

Posted via CB10
    HartfordWhalers likes this.
    04-04-13 02:30 PM
    Come on crackberry army let's get out forward these links to the weirdos without bb10

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry and Dave Bourque like this.
    04-04-13 02:30 PM
    I have seen a lot of ads in Idaho for the Z10. A lot during prime time show hours and during March madness as well.

I am spreading the word as much as possible as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 02:32 PM

I'm in CT and have seen just a few ads. Very light considering CT is the NYC suburb.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 02:36 PM
    I'm in CT and have seen just a few ads. Very light considering CT is the NYC suburb.

Posted via CB10
    Okok heres what we need you to do... get some black sharpie markers and start writing BB10 rocks on all the walls, fences, street lights in CT. I'm going to go put up flyers around Toronto.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 02:38 PM
    Don't watch TV so I couldn't say what the broadcast media ads have been like in this area. But there has been no shortage in the print media. Hardly a day has gone by without BB10 ads in the WSJ -- full page, half, and quarter page layouts. I scan the local papers, too, and BB has been present there also.
    jdhooghe and eddy_berry like this.
    04-04-13 02:59 PM
    Yeah, they need to ramp up their marketing. I have seen 2 of their Z10 experience trucks in the windy city though.
    Really? That's cool I'm in Chicago and I haven't seen anything like that. Where did you find them?
    04-04-13 03:36 PM

I'm in VA as well I've seen some advertising on TV during the NCAA tournament

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 03:41 PM
    Okok heres what we need you to do... get some black sharpie markers and start writing BB10 rocks on all the walls, fences, street lights in CT. I'm going to go put up flyers around Toronto.

Posted via CB10
    I love your enthusiasm, I agree we should try and do more. But thats just asking people to cross out "rocks" and write "sucks!" lol Even if they have no opinion on Blackberry. When you see something like that, you change it's original meaning just for kicks.
    04-04-13 03:47 PM
    I'm in Los Angeles and I see the BlackBerry ads multiple times throughout the day on tv. Maybe they focus more on certain channels? It's always those Keeps You Moving ones where they go from one scene to the next like on a conveyor belt and never that Superbowl one.
    04-04-13 03:48 PM
    I love your enthusiasm, I agree we should try and do more. But thats just asking people to cross out "rocks" and write "sucks!" lol Even if they have no opinion on Blackberry. When you see something like that, you change it's original meaning just for kicks.
    Ahhh yes I didn't think about that. Lol the logical solution would be to write bb10 sucks, then let the people cross it out and put rocks....

Posted via CB10
    LewLew23 likes this.
    04-04-13 03:50 PM
45 12