Having issues with getting my Z10 to back up after changing from a Bold 9900 and using the backup from the BlackBerry desktop Manager software to the new link software.

All I seem to get is backup failed error, I get the screen on my Z10 saying that's its backing up, and then it disappears only for it to go no further. Tried various things suggested on here with no luck, I'm using the latest version of BlackBerry link for Mac.

Mike.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 11:41 AM
    Make sure you have latest version of BB Link

Works very good here... full backup also includes all installed apps... only thing not backed up - are some passwords.. but all settings and data restores just fine

What you can try to do to solve issues is:

Reboot Phone, and Mac
    Set phone in Flight mode (disable all radios)
    Connect phone to Mac

if you use default settings, BB Link should start

Make sure BB Link is logged in using same BBID as your Z10

When restoring... Right after it starts to restore the Tab with the phone disappears from BBLink (but restore still in progress - just check phone)

and depending on how much data you have - the process can take quite some time
    03-03-13 12:18 PM
    IMPORTANT!!!!

I don't know if this will solve everyones problems, but I found a thread in the Blackberry Forums in which a person deleted the 'PC Recipe Box' App and after that the backup ran smoothly. Just did it myself and it worked! So, if you have that app, just delete it and proceed to backup. Might be another app preventing you from backing up, but that one for sure is a problem.

Also in the same thread, the people who were pushed the new software had no futher back up issues. So hopefully our headaches will soon be over.

Back up did not complete :-( - Page 3 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Good luck!
    03-04-13 09:06 AM
    One more post about my love hate relationship with Blackberry. :/. It just shouldn't be this hard! OK, enough of my whining.

I don't need it to split the atom-I'm just trying to back up my Z10 with Blackberry Link. I have followed the instructions above and it "connects" - but, as soon as I click backup, I get that spinning wheel on my Mac and nothing happens.

Any other ideas? In advance, thank you!

Edited to add: While doing nothing different, at least that I am aware of, I might have been holding one foot slightly off of the ground... it looks like the backup is now actually backing up! I should say the blue bar is moving from left to right, hopefully it is really backing up and not a cruel joke.

Backup successful. The love returns!
    Last edited by SRVwannab; 03-28-14 at 12:16 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-28-14 11:51 AM
    Link with Windows is so much better. About once every 1,000 tries it actually works.

BB FIX THE DAMN LINK SOFTWARE!!!!!
    03-28-14 12:16 PM