Well... everything was ok with my Z10 and Blackberry Link until today when I plugged in my Z10 using a USB cable to my computer (PC running Windows 8). I get the warning !Blackberry Device Manager Blackberry (Pin:266*****) has been detached from the system. But immediately after, on the computer a small window comes up stating that my Blackberry has been connected. It's an endless circle.

I've tried uninstalling Blackberry Link twice now and re-installing - no luck. With it uninstalled, I still cannot access files on my Z10.

Anyone any ideas?
    Debora Garcia likes this.
    05-23-13 08:32 PM
    Have u tried restarting ur computer? Sometime it helps.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 08:53 PM
    I went into control panel. System. Device manager and removed about 15 recognized BlackBerry devices. Once they are uninstalled the next time you connect it should act like it's the first time and work normally.

Fixed it for me. Hope it works for you.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    05-23-13 10:15 PM
    Thanks for the replies. Went to Control Panel etc. didn't work.

Please tell me this... should I be seeing a small window with !Blackberry Device Manager Blackberry?? Is my Z10 picking up on the old BB Device Manager by mistake? Shouldn't I be seeing something with Blackberry Link?
    Debora Garcia likes this.
    05-24-13 11:25 AM
    Thanks for the replies. Went to Control Panel etc. didn't work.

Please tell me this... should I be seeing a small window with !Blackberry Device Manager Blackberry?? Is my Z10 picking up on the old BB Device Manager by mistake? Shouldn't I be seeing something with Blackberry Link?
    Anyway you can post a screen grab of the window so we can try and assist?

05-24-13 11:36 AM
    Hi, Thanks for the replies.

I have both Blackberry Device Manager and Blackberry Link installed on my PC with Win 8 OS. I need BDM for my Playbook.

When I plug in my Z10 (usb) a small window on the phone and the computer states that I'm connected to computer but instantly another window comes up on the computer stating that the phone is now detached from the system! This automatically continues on and on until I unplug the phone. I would love to fix this problem and get back to where I was before this all started.Blackberry Link Problem-device-manager-error.pngBlackberry Link Problem-device-connected.jpg
    05-24-13 05:27 PM
    I have found being in Airplane mode the most successful for these weird anomalies. Try that and see if it helps. Good luck.

Posted via CB10 using Z10
    05-24-13 05:34 PM
    Thanks cdnrower - but that didn't work either. Still connecting and instantly detaching!
    05-24-13 06:37 PM
    Hi Paul hoping someone can help you out. I do use both devices as do you.

The biggest diff between our setups is that I totally removed desktop manager. I don't use it for the playbook anymore. I just use windows explorer and drag and drop files.

Is there a way for you to uninstall dbm to see if there is a conflict behind the scenes? Might help isolate the issue.

05-25-13 06:09 AM
    I have both Blackberry Device Manager and Blackberry Link installed on my PC with Win 8 OS. I need BDM for my Playbook.
    As mentioned above, dump Device Manager, Link works with the Playbook.
    Personally I'd uninstall both, restart and reinstall BB Link.
    05-25-13 07:56 AM
    I have both BB link n Device Manager run on my PC and they work just fine. How about trying uninstall both then restart ur PC. Then Install BB link first. then sign in ur BBID in bb link. Then try to install device manager for legacy BB or PB. Let's see what happend....
    05-26-13 10:38 AM
    Hi Guys,

I've tried uninstalling, rebooting etc. a few times but I think it's a problem with an older installation of Device Manager. Instead what I've done now is install Link on my laptop and it works great. Finally been able to load up some mp3's onto my Z10.

I may still try and get Device Manager to work on my desktop to use with Playbook but it's not so important. Since I got my Z10 I don't use my Playbook too much.

Thanks again!
    05-29-13 09:15 AM
    FINALLY, yesterday (2014-03-19) they released the solution, and it worked perfectly for me.
    You have to install the new Microsoft .NET framework and voil� !
    (not working with Win XP)
    Enjoy it !
    KB35829-Unable to connect BlackBerry 10 smartphone to BlackBerry Link after upgrading to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.1
    03-20-14 06:15 AM
    Alas, I have the same problem with connecting my Passport to my computer and finding the phone instantly detaches from my computer after connection. Attempting to download and install .NET framework 4.5 didn't work as I have Windows 10 and 4.5 is already installed.
    09-22-15 09:20 PM