So I recently picked up a 64GB microSD from Best Buy for my Z10. Haven't really had the chance to sync my music collection until today. Just one problem. It won't sync all of it. It'll sync about half of it and then tell me I don't have enough room after a second sync attempt.

I'm starting to lose my patience. I've reformatted the card, and it reads fine but there is still that issue. To top it off. It starts syncing automatically, which I hate.

Running 1.2.0.28 Link, using iTunes and I'm trying to sync about 58GB of music. Anyone having the same issues?
    09-20-13 09:43 PM
    Can you manually drag/drop/copy from iTunes or does it preclude direct copying?
    09-20-13 11:50 PM
    OP: Welcome to the wonderful BlackBerry Link experience where trying to get the piece of crap software to do anything is like yanking out pubic hair with your teeth.

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    09-21-13 06:17 AM
    Check storage on device under settings to ensure you have available space. SD cards come with partitioned software.

BlackBerry Since 2006. Z10 Rogers, Halifax NS
    09-21-13 06:20 AM
    So I recently picked up a 64GB microSD from Best Buy for my Z10. Haven't really had the chance to sync my music collection until today. Just one problem. It won't sync all of it. It'll sync about half of it and then tell me I don't have enough room after a second sync attempt.

I'm starting to lose my patience. I've reformatted the card, and it reads fine but there is still that issue. To top it off. It starts syncing automatically, which I hate.

Running 1.2.0.28 Link, using iTunes and I'm trying to sync about 58GB of music. Anyone having the same issues?
    Your side loaded androids preventing you from synching your device to your computer.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 06:41 AM
    I downloaded the latest Link software as well. Now I can not sync my contacts. Since I bought the Z10 4/4/13 I have had only about 6 weeks of no issues. I currently use Microsoft Connector which works great. BB Link is garbage.
    09-23-13 07:59 PM
    Yeah I've had a few frustrating experiences with link too. This software needs to be completely redone it's awful. I remember spending 4 hours one day just trying to sync some songs

Posted via CB10
    LtHavoc21 likes this.
    09-23-13 08:13 PM
    lINK IS IMPRESSIVE AND WORKS LIKE THE SUN!

Seriously, no problem here. using outlook exchange and 2010.
    09-23-13 08:14 PM
    I wasted 6 hours of my life with this latest release of link and could not sync music. It also blocked direct access to my device via USB. As it turns out I just had to turn off wifi.
    Why do we have to go and follow apple? I would be just happy if it would work like a USB drive. Is that so much to ask?

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    09-23-13 11:41 PM
    Turn off auto sync, drag and drop.

Trusted Member Genius
    FF22 likes this.
    09-24-13 12:33 AM
    Yeah I've had a few frustrating experiences with link too. This software needs to be completely redone it's awful. I remember spending 4 hours one day just trying to sync some songs

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. If I manually drag and drop, it always tells me Link has to close. Someone in the forums once said BlackBerry really dropped the ball on Link, now I believe it.

Sorry I didn't respond earlier guys, I gave up on it with only 8000/9000 songs synced.

Signed via my weapon of choice, Z10.
    09-25-13 06:55 PM
    For over a year I've had the exact same problems with Blackberry Link. It simply would not sync properly by iTunes library. I have about 25 playlists and 5,000 songs or so. Crashes, memory leaks, songs that say they've synced but are missing from the device, etc. I know I could just copy the songs over, but it's a lot of songs, I want the playlists, and most of the playlists are Smart Playlists that are dynamically built from the song metadata.

But I seem to have figured out the major problem. There is some inter-application scripting that Blackberry Link does with iTunes that seems to be very buggy. When iTunes is started first though, and then you start Link, it seems to avoid most of the problems. I was able to properly sync in one sitting all the songs and playlists.

Couple of points. First, if you've tried it before and it's failed, wipe the SD card (assuming that's where you store the music) by formatting it. Also, BB10 Music app seems to not properly clear out the song pointers it keeps when you do this. So launch file manager and go to Device\Music folder and delete the folder called Playlists. That will start things from a clean slate. Also, I would turn off wifi syncing and do this wired with a USB cable. Wifi is much slower and I think introduces a different memory leak.

Doing this still results in a memory leak (starting the sync BB Link was using 250mb of memory, and by the time it finished it was at 500mb), but it still got through it all. And the memory leak is much much slower than if iTunes is not running.

I can't believe how bad the Blackberry Link is, but at least with this workaround, its usable.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-14-14 06:01 PM
    lINK IS IMPRESSIVE AND WORKS LIKE THE SUN!

Seriously, no problem here. using outlook exchange and 2010.
    Yes! You are right! Burns the crap out of you! Cannot get my computer to acknowledge my playbook, Z10 or Z30. Spent hours deleting and reinstalling link to no avail. Loading sync relation will squirrel for hours. No BB drives on computer or C:/. To say link was pathetic would be to praise it up. I cannot even manually drag and drop. It does back-up ie with errors.
    WOW! What a chore! I finally got it working. Disabled Viper, Reinstalled link several times and it finally worked when I pulled the plug and completely shut the computer down and restarted it after a half hour.
    Last edited by Wilsonia Goldens; 09-25-14 at 08:51 PM.
    09-18-14 02:58 PM