So I figured since I fixed the problem I was having with getting BlackBerry Link to work on Windows 8, I'd let everyone else know what I did and what problems I was having before.
    I'm running Windows 8 32-bit on an Asus Motherboard with 32GB of ram. When I first built my computer I installed Window 8 32-bit which only allowed Windows to use about 4GB of the total ram I had on my motherboard. I didn't realize I should have installed 64-bit initially. My mistake.

After I installed BlackBerry Link the first time, the install procedure finished, Link started up, but for some reason I could not get my Z10 to be recognized in the program itself, my computer would only recognize it though a removable drive. I even tried logging into my BlackBerry ID on Link itself and once I put in my email/password and clicked the 'sign-in' button, nothing would happen. Not even a loading bar or anything. Just seemed dead. Anyways, that same day I installed some Windows 8 updates and then the computer restarted. From there, all **** broke loose. I couldn't uninstall BlackBerry Link (was getting error 1723) and even repair BlackBerry Link (was getting error 2738). I tried deleting the folders and anything else I could think of from the registry to try and wipe the program from my computer. Nothing! Even after I downloaded the new updated Link software from the BlackBerry website, it still wouldn't install.

This is where I was getting pissed off! It wasn't the BlackBerry software, but Windows itself! So, I took my Windows 8 disk and stuck it the install for 64-bit. Wiped all my hard drives (1TB Barracuda, and 120GB SSD). Since all drives are now clean and nothing was on them, I installed Windows 8 on the SSD, and created a partition on the 1TB Barracuda. All in all, with the SSD running the operating system, from the time I stuck in the disk, until Windows 8 loaded and started downloading the updates, probably took me about 30-45min. I keep all my music/videos/programs etc on two 3TB external drives, so everything was already backed up.

Windows 8 64-bit loaded up, I installed BlackBerry Link, and everything works perfect! It recognizes my Z10 and syncs my music. Sucks that I had to go through all of that just to fix it, but it was worth it. It may not be the easiest fix, especially for some people that aren't knowledgeable with computers, but it's a fix nonetheless.

I figured I'd pass it on and let people know what I did to fix the problem. I was reading the forums/help posts and people were actually returning their Z10's because of the reason they couldn't get BlackBerry Link to work. Made me sad inside to say the least. I love my Z10, and I'd hate to see people returning it.
    02-20-13 12:53 PM
    Here is what I did to resolve BB Link issues on my W8/64 machine:

1. Find a "BlackBerry Device" driver that is "not working properly" (yellow marked) in Windows 8 Device Manager and "uninstall" it.
    2. Keep the Device Manager open. When you connect your Z10, the "BlackBerry Device" driver should install correctly.
    3. BB Link will now work properly (I can backup/restore device data now).
    02-28-13 01:45 AM
    on win 8 I just had to uninstall my version of bblink 1.0 and redownloaded a new copy of 1.1 something and installed with admin priv and boot it up with phone wifi off. then once fully loaded plugged phone into pc and it detected it fine. before this I tried everything and pc wouldn't see it.
    05-21-13 08:41 PM
    Here is what I did to resolve BB Link issues on my W8/64 machine:

1. Find a "BlackBerry Device" driver that is "not working properly" (yellow marked) in Windows 8 Device Manager and "uninstall" it.
    2. Keep the Device Manager open. When you connect your Z10, the "BlackBerry Device" driver should install correctly.
    3. BB Link will now work properly (I can backup/restore device data now).
    I confirm that this worked for me (Windows 8 x64 version 6.2 build 9200) and z10 with 10.1.0.273). Also, I had the device still connected during step 1. During step 2 I simply yanked and replugged the cable and it instantly work, prompting my on Windows 8 for my device password finally.

Thanks.
    06-15-13 07:37 AM
    The problem with this solution is that I have actually uninstalled all the blackberry drivers I saw at the device manager. I just did that thinking it was going to help but all to no avail. Please help me out with this. I have being using this q10 for weeks now and still yet haven't successfully connected it to the blackberry link in my windows8 laptop.
    06-29-14 03:10 PM
    i want blackbery ling windows 8 iwant downloading ling
    10-09-14 03:29 AM
    The problem with this solution is that I have actually uninstalled all the blackberry drivers I saw at the device manager. I just did that thinking it was going to help but all to no avail. Please help me out with this. I have being using this q10 for weeks now and still yet haven't successfully connected it to the blackberry link in my windows8 laptop.
    Strange problem. I've never had a problem with W8 and Link. I have a laptop with W8 64 bits and Z10 10.2.1.
    I would recommend you the best solution for all Windows problems. Uninstall the problematic software (in this case Link), reboot pc, and reinstall it.
    Be sure to download Link from BlackBerry's web, so u get the latest version. Drivers are included.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 11:14 AM