Hi, pls can someone help me with this, My z10 says its connected but this msg comes up 'cannot communicate with this device.
    - Tried to uninstall drivers
    -Reinstall drivers
    -Delete BlackBerry link and reinstall it
    Same problem.
    Pls help as I need to backup urgently bcos having other issues with phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 08:47 AM
    I had this problem until I updated it (there was an update available at the time.)
    Now sometimes it connects, other times it doesn't but i can still view it in windows explorer. I'd say just restart your computer and try reinstalling a few more times.

What os is ur phone running?
    06-02-14 10:28 AM
    and what other issues are you having with ur phone? maybe those issues are stopping it from connecting
    06-02-14 10:29 AM
    Hi there thanks for ur help will try to reinstall again.

Im using the z10
    Model: STL100-1

Other issues:
    *Cannot pick wifi networks. Yet other devices do.
    *Problem with music player. Audio does not play. Gives message * cannot play due to unexpected error(3).
    Pls advise on wat to do

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 10:32 AM
    The way i sorted mine out was to uninstall the the Link then run a registry cleaner like C Cleaner,this cleans out the old reg keys etc.Then reinstall the new version and everything should then be ok.I have to do this at every update cause i had the phone not connecting to link everytime,now it is ok .
    06-02-14 10:44 AM
    Sorry. Actually what doest BlackBerry link do? Look like too complicated on using it. When I want to transfer files from my device, I just plug in usb cable to my pc. Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.3175.

White z10 user.
    06-03-14 04:10 AM
    But thats the thing. I cannot get my files. Most of my files are stored on my device memory. I cnt access dem without link

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 04:52 AM
    But thats the thing. I cannot get my files. Most of my files are stored on my device memory. I cnt access dem without link

Posted via CB10
    Get "Backup Pro" from BlackBerry World and backup your files, contacts, calendar, notes etc... to Box, Dropbox, or SD card. Then either restore them after you wipe the device or simply download the backup files to your PC straight from Box / Dropbox / SD card.

Backup Pro - BlackBerry World
    06-07-14 12:37 PM
    Hi would like to just update by saying. I did a security wipe and my phone got stuck. It gave me a bb10 00-15 error. I then proceeded to using blackberry link and reloaded tne software. Took about 3/4 hours and the led light was blinking. My phone is back to normal though couldn't back it up and lost all pix and music. Just glad phone is back to normal. No issues so far. thanks to all that helped.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 03:06 PM
    If you're still having the cannot connect issue, this is the approach I took on my WIN 7 laptop OS for my Z30. I'm running the latest OS 10 on my Z30, which may be equivalent to the OS you're running on your Z10. Go to your Computer Management screen and select device manager. Under Network Adapters category, I had two blackberry entries, blackberry device and VPN. I selected the Blackberry device/adapter and the driver listed was 2.0.0.33 dated 5/16/2013. I went to the update driver screen and selected the Research in Motion driver 2.0.0.29 dated 5/5/2011. Installed this driver. In the computer management screen under device, the Blackberry device/adapter reference goes away and you should have a new entry for Research in Motion Network Device. This worked for me. May be a driver issue that's inconsistent.
    06-20-14 11:13 AM