I need some help. Both my Z10s (running the latest official software) are not communicating with both my desktop (windows 8.1) and laptop (windows 7). I have the latest BlackBerry Link software installed as well. It says connected however not communicating with device. At first I thought it was my phone then I tried my wife's Z10 and same issue.
    I am about to switch to a Z 30 but I need to backup my phone so now I'm in a bit of a situation.
    Any pointers? What am I missing here? Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 04:37 PM
    What does BlackBerry Link show? Does it show that the BlackBerry is connected?

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 07:12 PM
    I need some help. Both my Z10s (running the latest official software) are not communicating with both my desktop (windows 8.1) and laptop (windows 7). I have the latest BlackBerry Link software installed as well. It says connected however not communicating with device. At first I thought it was my phone then I tried my wife's Z10 and same issue.
    I am about to switch to a Z 30 but I need to backup my phone so now I'm in a bit of a situation.
    Any pointers? What am I missing here? Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    Under Programs and Applications on the Control Panel of Microsoft Windows what are the entries listed for BlackBerry?

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    12-25-13 07:43 PM
    Yes. It shows connected but not communicating with device.
    The only installed software is BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 08:54 PM
    I've had that problem too. Not sure how to fix except try a different pc. I used my wife's computer and it wouldn't connect but with my pc it connected right away. Weird.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 10:52 PM
    The same issue began for me today. This is the first time I've had any issue with Link whatsoever.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 10:55 PM
    For the record, I just received the latest PC update for it last week (version. 1.2.2.13). I'm thinking I maybe should have left it as it was before the update.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 11:02 PM
    I'm having an issue as well but it starts the backup but craps out at 1%.
    Going to try again tonight so I can switch to my unlocked Z10.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 11:04 PM
    Hi, I have few issues on my own with the Link running on Win8 and Z10 . Z30 and Q10 connect to the same PC Without issues...

So, this is what I do: switch off Wireless, go to Settings and under the Storage, select "Windows"... connect USB. Works. Every. Time.

BlackBerry Link - Cannot communicate with device-img_20131226_155919_edit.png

Good luck.
    12-25-13 11:05 PM
    I think some folks have had better luck if they turn off wifi.

They really do need to seriously improve Link. It presents them in a poor light.

You can try using Sachesi to backup/restore.

Firechest in appworld can backup certain info to the Cloud.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-26-13 12:33 AM
    [QUOTE=F2;9761519]I think some folks have had better luck if they turn off wifi.

I think you are correct, F2. I'm connected to a different Wifi than my own at the moment, being the holidays and all. After following Ducca683's suggestion of turning Wifi off, I turned it back on after awhile, and now every thing is back to normal. Even all of my pics and music, which mysteriously disappeared from my galleries yesterday morning, but remained on device storage and my SD card, are showing back up. This, after Link would not allow me to delete said items from its database, nor allow me to sync said items back to device after deleting them from device storage and my SD card. Now, they are syncing back onto my Z10 OTA through Link, and showing within the device galleries. Strange. Anyway, thanks for the advice Ducca683. I hope it worked in some form or fashion for the rest of you who tried it. Merry Christmas, guys.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 02:21 AM
    Tried connecting to windows as suggested but no difference.
    Recap:
    I have the latest link installed on a windows 8.1 Desktop and a windows 7 Laptop.
    Tried different cables
    Same error with two Z10s running 10.2.0.1803.
    This is really a pain. BlackBerry Link help is useless.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 07:56 AM
    1. Does your PC ever ask you for a device password, if you have one?
    2. BlackBerry Device manager (service running when you connect BlackBerry) shows any valid connections and mapped drives? You can find icon f or this service in the app tray in windows...
    3. Your device display " connected to computer" message when connected?

I have desktop win PC running 8.1 and laptops running win 7 enterprise and 8 - no issues with connecting and backing up.
    12-26-13 08:59 AM
    Desktop manager shows that it is connected to my device.
    No PC password required or prompted.
    Nothing on my device when connected to the PC / Laptop.
    Just the message in link stating cannot communicate with device.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 11:34 AM
    Here is a photo of the PC screen.
    Even when I click reconnect, nothing happens.
    BlackBerry Link - Cannot communicate with device-img_00000949.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    12-26-13 11:36 AM
    Well, I am flabbergasted with your issue. I have no further suggestions but to offer you a classic IT Help solution: try rebooting your PC and then reconnecting ( it is surprising how many times this "fixed" the issue!). Rebooting your phone is a good idea, as well...
    Another option is to uninstall Link and reinstall, and maybe try several different USB Ports on your PC. it is always recommended to use good USB Cable - one supplied with your phone is the better choice than cheap ones from eBay.

Good luck!
    12-26-13 04:40 PM
    Also try using the USB 2 port rather than the USB 3 port. didn't work for me either one night then tried a day or two later using USB 2 and it worked.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 12:37 AM
    hmm...I was having this issue. Was unable to connect to Link at all...Just kept telling me that "BlackBerry Z10" was connected on the left but then the right said "Cannot Communicate with Device"

Decided to reinstall Link...kept telling me that I need to install "microsoft visual c++ 2008 sp1 redistributable - w8".

I downloaded and installed this separately...then reinstalled Link and was then able to connect my device as it should to Link and also able to connect to my device using Mometics QDE.

Now I just have the displeasure of only being able to connect my phone once per PC boot.

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall link and my device a few times; as well as the USB drivers...

I think it is to do with the way that the driver interacts with the OS.

I'm running Win 8.1 Pro 64. STL100-1, 10.2.1.1925 - Link 1.2.2.13
    12-29-13 08:32 AM
    Here is a photo of the PC screen.
    Even when I click reconnect, nothing happens.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000949.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	233495

Posted via CB10
    Same exact screen, same exact problem, with new Z30.
    My Z10 connected fine, but my new Z30 has this problem.
    Restarted handset and PC, set handset USB setting to "Windows" (this setting has helped in the past), but still not communicating. [Shrug]
    01-03-14 12:12 PM
    Further investigation reveals that for some reason, unlike my Z10, Windows is NOT finding a suitable driver for my Z30 when plugged in. No idea why. The Z10 driver info when plugged in is RimUsb.sys, and WdfCoInstaller01007.dll. When I plug in the Z30, it shows driver not installed error in the device properties. Any ideas?

Maybe because I loaded leak 1925 before even connecting with Link?
    01-03-14 06:38 PM
    Further investigation reveals that for some reason, unlike my Z10, Windows is NOT finding a suitable driver for my Z30 when plugged in. No idea why. The Z10 driver info when plugged in is RimUsb.sys, and WdfCoInstaller01007.dll. When I plug in the Z30, it shows driver not installed error in the device properties. Any ideas?

Maybe because I loaded leak 1925 before even connecting with Link?
    I don't think it is because you loaded leak 1925 before connecting with Link. I was having the exact same issue when this thread was started. I thought I had gotten rid of it by turning of the Wifi connection I was using. The issue disappeared for a couple of days, but has slowly crept back over the last three days. I'm getting the same exact screen and driver message as the one above again. Also, pics and music are not showing up in my phone galleries, but showing up on both, my Link computer display and SD card. The reason I don't think it's because you loaded the leak before connecting to Link, is because I'm on official AT&T 10.1 (Z10), and I've never loaded a leak onto my phone. There is also another thread where people on official AT&T 10.1 have been experiencing the same issue. I'm beginning to think there is something wrong with this version of Link, because I've never had any issues with previous versions. I'm on Windows 7 using version 1.2.2.13.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 09:25 PM
    You are right. I reloaded original release software. Problem was still there. Then I loaded Link on my laptop and tried it there. Everything worked perfectly. Then reloaded leak 1925, still works on laptop, still failing on PC. Problem seems to be on my PC.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 09:52 PM
    Try deleting your PC in the phone settings under BlackBerry Link if it's there and then plug it into your pc again.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 03:10 AM
    Thanks Scrap, but that's one of the first things I did.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 08:38 AM
    Has it got anything to do with BlackBerry Link setting to On on the device?

Via The Monster Z30
    01-04-14 08:41 AM
52 123