Blackberry Link is an unbelievably bad desktop software. I can't fathom the fact that RIM actually released this piece of .... It is slow, with an extrremely impractical interface, with the few functions almost hidden from the user (as if someone did it on purpose). The inability to sychronize contacts and calendar (both ways) is RIM's disgrace.
    I am almost certain that Blackberry Link was developed by an Apple spy who works in RIM. There can be no other explanation.
    I expect Blackberry (former RIM) to remedy this immediately (today's update is a joke).

P.S: I love my Z10! It's the Return of the Jedi!
    05-10-13 07:06 AM
    It is really bad. they really need to focus on getting it up to par.

Posted via CB10
    chipmiester likes this.
    05-10-13 07:15 AM
    I agree. Though it does seem to work perfectly for some people, so they at least should be testing and debugging on different computers with different OSes, firewalls, and anti virus.
    Mine *seems* a bit more stable during use now but wifi connect is hit or miss and something crashes after I close the program ("BlackBerry link peer manager has stopped working" problem event name APPCRASH) I suspect remote file access won't work for me once I get 10.1

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 07:22 AM
    I just find the UI not friend at all! I'm a big BlackBerry user and fan and relied on Desktop manager a lot for backups and files and what not. With Link I get a communication error every time I plug my phone in. Back ups are hot and miss which really big me seeing how Protect doesn't seem to backup anymore. BBRY needs to fix this and what I'm hoping is going on is that they are waiting for the PB to hit OS10 to do a final bog finish on it.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 07:27 AM
    I agree. But I thought since Apple has iTunes BlackBerry had to come up with something just as bad...

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 07:32 AM
    BlackBerry are spreading themselves too thin by trying to get out lots if devices on OS10 quickly. The QA and end-user experience has to be great. If they let shoddy stuff out which could easily have been better they will just lose good will, in spades. Back up is a serious business and should be treated so.

Posted via CB10
    lamptimo and chipmiester like this.
    05-10-13 07:34 AM
    Bit of an over reaction I think. I've found it works well enough, does what it needs to, which is backup the device and sync content to it. No problems on either count.

Posted with Z10 goodness
    05-10-13 07:40 AM
    Bit of an over reaction I think. I've found it works well enough, does what it needs to, which is backup the device and sync content to it. No problems on either count.

Posted with Z10 goodness
    Yeah, it works fine, as long as you have 30 - 45 minutes to kill.

Link is buggy and slow.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 08:11 AM

Posted with Z10 goodness
    It doesn't sync both ways... that's not really sync then is it? Hence people a tad upset at the use of the term "Sync". In the same way a sign that read "Toilets" but was really a "Ladies" could be defined as misrepresentative.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 08:24 AM
    Blackberry Link is an unbelievably bad desktop software. I can't fathom the fact that RIM actually released this piece of .... It is slow, with an extrremely impractical interface, with the few functions almost hidden from the user (as if someone did it on purpose). The inability to sychronize contacts and calendar (both ways) is RIM's disgrace.
    I am almost certain that Blackberry Link was developed by an Apple spy who works in RIM. There can be no other explanation.
    I expect Blackberry (former RIM) to remedy this immediately (today's update is a joke).

P.S: I love my Z10! It's the Return of the Jedi!
    Although I disagree about BlackBerry Link, I'm MORE upset about the choice of words in the title.

'a BLACK page in history' - why the f*** is there still a need to use the word 'black' as something negative! This is 2013, not 1950, and yet this still happens, I see enough of this in newspapers, books, school texts, even the dictionaries. I'd rather not see this in a thread on CB.

I'd like to assume this was not intentional to offend, I'm bringing this up to make you aware that it does, and hopefully mindful in the future. You can easily make a statement about the software being junk in your opinion with the need to reference any colour/shade. No apology needed nor expected as I assume the offense I've taken was not intended at all.

Cool.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 08:56 AM
    I think you over reacted bro, black has been associated with death aka "Funerals" you took it way out of context.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 09:11 AM
    "A black page". In this usage, "black" is not racial but nearly universal. It simply refers to darkness, or indecipherability, Black as a symnol of being without guidance is ancient and deeply embedded in all cultures, including African ones. Dark forests and jungles, not dark people cause that awfully feeling of being disoriented, scared.BB's "Link" seems incomprehensible to many at Crackberry, like a room with no lights and windows -- think of "Silence of The Lambs".
    I am sure that is why the decriptor was selected. I'd say, "Lighten up". That refers to "heavy" emotion, not Caucasian skin. Life is not always black and white politically. Certainly, with Link not linking much or well for many , BB left us "in the dark", lost, with no light at the end of the tunnel or, and this is central, blind to BB's reasoning. Reason, light: Tale's model "Lux and Veritas" means "Light and Truth". That relationship is universal among sighted peoples.

OK?
    Davidro1 and Carterbits like this.
    05-10-13 09:15 AM
    Sorry, I typed "Tale" when I meant "Yale"! My den is still dark!
    05-10-13 09:17 AM
    Although I disagree about BlackBerry Link, I'm MORE upset about the choice of words in the title.

'a BLACK page in history' - why the f*** is there still a need to use the word 'black' as something negative! This is 2013, not 1950, and yet this still happens, I see enough of this in newspapers, books, school texts, even the dictionaries. I'd rather not see this in a thread on CB.

I'd like to assume this was not intentional to offend, I'm bringing this up to make you aware that it does, and hopefully mindful in the future. You can easily make a statement about the software being junk in your opinion with the need to reference any colour/shade. No apology needed nor expected as I assume the offense I've taken was not intended at all.

Cool.

Posted via CB10
    Dude it's just a common saying, its not race related in the slightest.

It's like saying "the pot called the kettle black".

If all the pages in a book are white, and one happens to be black, then it's the odd one out. It has absolutely nothing to do with racial discrimination.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 09:19 AM
    I agree. But I thought since Apple has iTunes BlackBerry had to come up with something just as bad...

Posted via CB10
    I actually love the newest iTunes, can't really complain. BlackBerry Link is horrid though.
    05-10-13 09:22 AM
    Why does the Z10 internal and sd storage show up under 'Network Drive'.

And why do we need to have the Z10's wifi off for it to only work and connect to the pc.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 09:23 AM
    BlackBerry Link has yet to perform one successful backup and restore for me.

Give me back BlackBerry Protect

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 09:34 AM
    Aren't you used to two-way sync? Isn't syncinc contacts and calendar important?
    05-10-13 09:35 AM
    How timely, as I have had my Z10 since the Verizon release date but finally got around to downloading and trying Link last night. I do not find Link intuitive at all. I tried several times to back up my phone via USB and each time it crashed after 10 minutes and only 4% done. Then even though I selected iTunes as my music player it could not find my music. (I'll do a search to see if there are any threads here that can me help me with these problems, but If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to chime in.)

Still love my Z10 but hope we get an improved Link soon.
    05-10-13 09:36 AM
    BlackBerry Link has yet to perform one successful backup and restore for me.

Give me back BlackBerry Protect
    Haven't had to restore the Z10 yet, thank goodness, but BB Link and its previous incarnation, BB Desktop Software, have repeatedly failed to restore my PlayBook from a backup. I've reinstalled over two dozen apps half a dozen times whenever a factory reset has been required (or requested, by BlackBerry tech support.)
    05-10-13 09:39 AM
    I am Greek. In Greece coloured people (Africans, Chinese, Indians etc) were never ever considered to be inferior people or "subhumans". It is therefore understandable that a common expression (in Greek) to describe a bad incident is "a black page". The word black is not used in a way diminutive to the black race (also a common expression in Greek).
    Accept ny sincere apologies if I offended you in any way and please try to understand that for people with no modern history in abusing other races (antiquity is another era-slavery was common in Ancient Greece, i regret to admit) it is not always easy to fully appreciate in advance the feelings a specific wording may arouse to sensitive people. Again my apologies
    05-10-13 09:43 AM
    I can't even get it installed on my desktop. Keeps telling me the package can't be validated. They direct me to some article written 100 years ago for BlackBerry desktop software. As you may have guessed the solution doesn't work for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 09:54 AM
    I am Greek. In Greece coloured people (Africans, Chinese, Indians etc) were never ever considered to be inferior people or "subhumans". It is therefore understandable that a common expression (in Greek) to describe a bad incident is "a black page". The word black is not used in a way diminutive to the black race (also a common expression in Greek).
    Accept ny sincere apologies if I offended you in any way and please try to understand that for people with no modern history in abusing other races (antiquity is another era-slavery was common in Ancient Greece, i regret to admit) it is not always easy to fully appreciate in advance the feelings a specific wording may arouse to sensitive people. Again my apologies
    It's a common expression that has not got any thing to do with creed. You do not need to apologise for other people over reactions

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 09:55 AM
    Yeah, BB Link is horrible.....
    I'm surprised though not more BB fans are defending it.....like its the best thing since slice bread.
    05-10-13 09:56 AM
    Link takes too long to load.

It randomly chooses to honor my backup and restore requests.

It does not keep a wifi connection to my phone very long.

Other than those things, it is great.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 10:02 AM
71 123