That means no warranty and in Qatar where I live if a BlackBerry is damaged you can't repair it. It's because no original parts in here. With warranty I get a replacement but like this I am losing 4G LTE screw you RIM.
    Oh I see. How about those official RIM stores? Don't they have one (or more) in the Middle East? This article says they had one planned for Dubai, and some for Saudi Arabia, and even Qatar. Did none of that happen?
    02-07-13 04:57 PM
    Oh I see. How about those official RIM stores? Don't they have one (or more) in the Middle East? This article says they had one planned for Dubai, and some for Saudi Arabia, and even Qatar. Did none of that happen?
    None of it happened. Looks like RIM had shortage of cash lol. Still I need my 4G LTE device. :/
    02-07-13 05:32 PM
    this is my problem with what RIM/BB has done with this new release. They seem to be catering to those who have shown a willingness to toss them aside like old garments but us the loyal set get crappy offerings and left overs.....BB get you shizzit together and realise that you have 79 million or so subs who are NOT catered for (for the most part) Stick you middle finger up to the US market......others had survived without them....
    02-07-13 10:25 PM
    You can still use your current bis plan with bb10 if you choose to.
    02-08-13 12:06 AM
    I'm also one of the few along with M. Rizk that's fuming about the idea if having a non-LTE device. I mean seriously, we are in 2013 and we still got non LTE devices. Now THAT is a joke. I preordered my device my Axiom (who for the most part have no idea about the devices they're getting) and I will be cancelling as I wholeheartedly refuse to give Blackberry or anyone money for a non LTE high end device. It's just ridiculous.

I will most likely order the UK version and just have to deal with a phone that might or might not have warranty.

Can someone get an answer as to why we were given inferior models?
    02-08-13 03:34 AM
    You can still use your current bis plan with bb10 if you choose to.
    I cannot use my current BIS plan. BlackBerry 10 doesn't support BIS.
    02-08-13 04:49 AM
    I'm also one of the few along with M. Rizk that's fuming about the idea if having a non-LTE device. I mean seriously, we are in 2013 and we still got non LTE devices. Now THAT is a joke. I preordered my device my Axiom (who for the most part have no idea about the devices they're getting) and I will be cancelling as I wholeheartedly refuse to give Blackberry or anyone money for a non LTE high end device. It's just ridiculous.

I will most likely order the UK version and just have to deal with a phone that might or might not have warranty.

Can someone get an answer as to why we were given inferior models?
    Axiom is the one exported or let's say leaked the Z10 to Qatar yesterday. All the devices sold had Axiom packaging with it. I am saying leaked because the launch event in Qatar is set for the 10th of February. That also means Axiom devices got no 4G. The real joke Research in Motion did of themselves was that they wrote on UAE BlackBerry website the device is "3G Ready" oh I am shocked here! It supports 3G! OMG!! Seriously RIM?

Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry is killing the Middle East....-joke.jpg  
    02-08-13 04:52 AM
    there are only a few LTE 4g compatible networks in the GCC most lte networks in the gulf are not compatible, and so its would still be useless to most people if the Z10 was LTE, besides 42mb is not exactly slow. and i highly doubt that you can even get close to the 42mb before saying you need lte device.

as to the BIS plans its still confusing and not exactly clear, BB10 phone do run on unlimited BIS plans, i have been using mine for a day and as far as i can tell everything works. the BIS social plans are a problem with BB10 as they seem not compatible. yes i understand that this maybe a problem to some people but since the device costs about 700 usd, its not exactly a budget device, and anyone who buys it would afford any data plan. besides networks catering to budget clients should have budget plans. i think Blackberry are still undecided over weather to use BB plans or normal data plans. thing should become more clear in the next device or two
    AbsoluteT23 likes this.
    02-08-13 07:02 AM
    there are only a few LTE 4g compatible networks in the GCC most lte networks in the gulf are not compatible, and so its would still be useless to most people if the Z10 was LTE, besides 42mb is not exactly slow. and i highly doubt that you can even get close to the 42mb before saying you need lte device.

as to the BIS plans its still confusing and not exactly clear, BB10 phone do run on unlimited BIS plans, i have been using mine for a day and as far as i can tell everything works. the BIS social plans are a problem with BB10 as they seem not compatible. yes i understand that this maybe a problem to some people but since the device costs about 700 usd, its not exactly a budget device, and anyone who buys it would afford any data plan. besides networks catering to budget clients should have budget plans. i think Blackberry are still undecided over weather to use BB plans or normal data plans. thing should become more clear in the next device or two
    First regarding LTE. Our counties not supporting LTE is not an excuse to release non LTE versions. Does the whole of Europe have LTE? What about Asia? Why are they getting the LTE versions? At least where I live now here in Qatar, Qtel a carrier here will release LTE soon and soon the customer will figure out that their devices don't support LTE while some others in the market do. Shame.

Regarding BIS, lets call your plan a half fake BIS plan. Did you ever ask yourself why the Social/Emails plans not working? Because BlackBerry 10 uses WAP(Carrier APN) not BIS and no connected to the BlackBerry NOC anymore except BBM and some other core services, just like the BlackBerry competitor devices. Your BIS plan is working as it allows streaming which is WAP WHICH IS THE ABILITY TO USE THE CARRIER APN AND NOT GET BILLED MORE! But the case is different in the Middle East. We have Pure BIS that can only be used when connected to the BlackBerry NOC 24/7 otherwise you get charged per MB usage. That's why BIS won't work here in the Middle East at all with BB10 and technically you are not using BIS AT ALL!
    02-08-13 07:31 AM
    As long as they have the old BlackBerry phones you can always ask the carrier to give you the old plan and use it on bb10.......its not like those plans can't be had altogether.....
    02-08-13 07:42 AM
    As long as they have the old BlackBerry phones you can always ask the carrier to give you the old plan and use it on bb10.......its not like those plans can't be had altogether.....
    READ THE PREVIOUS POST!!!! We can't use BIS plans on a BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry 10 doesn't support BIS!
    02-08-13 07:44 AM
    Qtel Blackberry Service supports Carrier APN / streaming for the entire 250MB/Week they provide. But yes Blackberry is cheating customers in Middle East by selling non LTE phones and still charging the same price.

I am a big fan of Blackberry and its keyboards for years but with Z10 losing BIS (which was main to BB), no LTE and lack of apps, dont feel like continuing for longtime on Blackberry, there are much better phones available everywhere....Samsung S4 is coming soon too.

If anyone from Blackberry is reading this thread pls stop cheating customers in Middle East by selling non-LTE phones...
    Last edited by smartbuddy; 02-08-13 at 09:23 AM.
    02-08-13 08:45 AM
    Qtel Blackberry Service supports Carrier APN / streaming for the entire 250MB/Week they provide. But yes Blackberry is cheating customers in Middle East by selling non LTE phones and still charging the same price.

I am a big fan of Blackberry and its keyboards for years but with Z10 losing BIS (which was main to BB), no LTE and lack of apps, dont feel like continuing for longtime on Blackberry, there are much better phones available everywhere....Samsung S4 is coming soon too.

If anyone from Blackberry is reading this thread pls stop cheating customers in Middle East by selling non-LTE phones...
    Yes in Qatar they include streaming so the BIS plans will work but won't really offer anything of the BIS value.

You know that Qtel will release LTE soon that's why I am mad.
    02-08-13 09:26 AM
    Wow, as I am reading this thread, I'm starting to worry when Z10 Launches in PH. So far LTE has rolled out here and the iPhone 5 users are actually now using LTE'S . I hope BB or our carriers decide to give us the LTE versions instead (we use Frequency 1800 afaik).

I also have to agree with M.Rizk, I am currently on an unlimited BIS package and I'm worried that if I switched to BB10, I may lose my monthly $10 worth of call/sms credits. I dunno, the contract says it has to be a Blackberry to work. I'm not sure if they're going to honor this one.
    02-08-13 09:47 AM
    Wow, as I am reading this thread, I'm starting to worry when Z10 Launches in PH. So far LTE has rolled out here and the iPhone 5 users are actually now using LTE'S . I hope BB or our carriers decide to give us the LTE versions instead (we use Frequency 1800 afaik).

I also have to agree with M.Rizk, I am currently on an unlimited BIS package and I'm worried that if I switched to BB10, I may lose my monthly $10 worth of call/sms credits. I dunno, the contract says it has to be a Blackberry to work. I'm not sure if they're going to honor this one.
    Most likely they won't unless your plan allows free streaming which would never happen if you have Unlimited.
    02-08-13 09:53 AM
    I'm actually on an unlimited data too (or so it seems unles they secretly have a data cap -_-) I can practically use my Curve to stream, tether or Hotspot my internet... without limits. I'm pretty only worried that I'll lose my monthly free $10 worth of call and sms credits. If I did, I will have to pay on top of my montly $20++ bill for those
    02-08-13 10:07 AM
    I'm actually on an unlimited data too (or so it seems unles they secretly have a data cap -_-) I can practically use my Curve to stream, tether or Hotspot my internet... without limits. I'm pretty only worried that I'll lose my monthly free $10 worth of call and sms credits. If I did, I will have to pay on top of my montly $20++ bill for those
    We all hope this never happens. Unfortunately can never imagine I said this but we can blame no one but RIM :/
    02-08-13 10:11 AM
    I really don't understand why RIM isn't offering you guys the LTE version WHEN THEY HAVE ONE THAT WILL WORK. Do they think the LTE networks are still too underdeveloped/scarce? You said that Qtel is close to deploying an LTE network? Well, that sounds a lot like my carrier who btw is getting LTE Z10s.

RIM's foreign market practices really stump me sometimes. First the U.K. app world pricing fiasco, and now this.
    M.Rizk likes this.
    02-08-13 10:41 AM
    the launch event in Qatar is set for the 10th of February.
    Do you think then there's still any hope the LTE devices will be released?
    02-08-13 10:45 AM
    Do you think then there's still any hope the LTE devices will be released?
    I hope. The devices I saw yesterday was leaked by Axiom UAE. Qtel were already out of stock by the time I went yesterday so couldn't know the device model. There is 0.1% chance we get an LTE device because clearly on the box RIM called it Middle East version.
    02-08-13 10:48 AM
    Your all over the place. The plans are too expensive at $38 compared to $15, but you bought more $2000 phones than anyone else. So you want cheap plans and expensive phones? I think with the $1300 you'll save on the phone you can afford to pay the $23 extra per month. I will agree that losing BIS sucks, but it is what it is.

Also do you think that the carriers wanted to buy the LTE phones and RIM said no you only get the non LTE phones? It is obvious that the carriers are asking for the phones they plan to sell.
    02-08-13 10:48 AM
    Your all over the place. The plans are too expensive at $38 compared to $15, but you bought more $2000 phones than anyone else. So you want cheap plans and expensive phones? I think with the $1300 you'll save on the phone you can afford to pay the $23 extra per month. I will agree that losing BIS sucks, but it is what it is.

Also do you think that the carriers wanted to buy the LTE phones and RIM said no you only get the non LTE phones? It is obvious that the carriers are asking for the phones they plan to sell.
    Not only price. It's Unlimited compared to 12 GB!

Regarding the LTE I still didn't get so much information of them regarding why they are selling this copy. But RIM shouldn't have cared about their requests, or else tell me why the iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy SIII offering LTE here not to forget that iPhone 5 has also CDMA although the whole of the Middle East got not a single CDMA network.
    02-08-13 10:51 AM
    Ok I am going to chime in here for a second. From what I have heard and understand is for a lot of countries in the Middle East and Asia for the BIS plans, RIM/BB had a VPN connection setup for the carriers and gave them access to the NOC and paid for everything. The carriers didn't have to get their own infrastructure. After the carriers would go over a certain amount of subscribers then the carriers would have to get more involved. So thats why I can see this happening, RIM is going to save some money here.

That said I am going to reach out to my friend in Dubai. He had an unlimited BIS plan and has gotten a BB10 device. I am going to follow up and see if his phone is working fine or if he had to change his plan at all.
    Last edited by naila_nc; 02-08-13 at 11:49 AM. Reason: add details
    02-08-13 11:44 AM
    Many of you might think that in the Middle East 4G LTE is not even available and there is no reason Research in Motion should support it. Well My answer is No. It should support the 4G LTE even if it was not available in the Middle East because we don't get the devices for cheaper or anything. Etisalat UAE already launched their 4G LTE network. Mobily KSA already launched their 4G LTE network. Qatar Qtel is in their final Closed-Beta 4G LTE testing and it will be available within a month. Vodafone Qatar are working to offer 4G LTE by the end of the first quarter of 2013. Yet Research in Motion decided not to support the 4G LTE in the Middle East, while other devices produced by Samsung do.
    I am sorry to interrupt your rant with an actual fact, but it is your carriers that are at fault for you only being offered a HSPA-only device not Rim, they will have offered both variants to the carrier and left the decision up to them.
    02-08-13 11:56 AM
    I am sorry to interrupt your rant with an actual fact, but it is your carriers that are at fault for you only being offered a HSPA-only device not Rim, they will have offered both variants to the carrier and left the decision up to them.
    "they will have offered both variants to the carrier" exactly, why did they make another variant with H+ only?! Also a user who purchases a BlackBerry 10 now you think he will blame the carrier or RIM?!
    02-08-13 12:06 PM
134 12345 ...