It seems, before BBX then BB10, I read an article that HID was partnering with Blackberry to begin testing the use of NFC to take the place of your security badges.

I did a quick Google search and dont see any updates sine the original announcements. Did that get canned?

Anyone?
    07-15-13 09:36 AM
    I believe HID wants to put the credential data on the SIM card so they need to also partner with carriers. I think it's very difficult for HID to partner with carriers because the carriers will most likely require recurring revenue. This is why carriers are more interested in credit card payment NFC; revenue from each transaction.
    07-15-13 10:52 AM
    I believe HID wants to put the credential data on the SIM card so they need to also partner with carriers. I think it's very difficult for HID to partner with carriers because the carriers will most likely require recurring revenue. This is why carriers are more interested in credit card payment NFC; revenue from each transaction.
    I hadnt heard that before. I figured it would work, much like an app, that has access to NFC.

Interesting!
    07-15-13 11:03 AM
    It seems, before BBX then BB10, I read an article that HID was partnering with Blackberry to begin testing the use of NFC to take the place of your security badges.

I did a quick Google search and dont see any updates sine the original announcements. Did that get canned?

Anyone?
    This won't fly with the enterprise companies.
    07-15-13 12:01 PM
    It would be so awesome if it would though, I wouldn't mind not having to wear this lanyard so I can get into the garage and building.
    onmyown likes this.
    07-15-13 01:47 PM

Why not? - Sounds rude but honestly just interested in your opinion.
    07-15-13 01:48 PM