The iphone 5S 16 Gb is the one I tested for two days and the finger scanner is a nice gadget but that's it and the software is fine but I like blackberry 10 better and is real multitasking instead of task switching. How is it possible that an Iphone 5S which is 400 euro more expensive sells better than the blackberry Z10.

Z10: screen 768 x 1280 pixels, 4.2 inches (~355 ppi pixel density)
    5S : screen 640 x 1136 pixels, 4.0 inches (~326 ppi pixel density)

Z10 : Internal 16 GB storage, 2 GB RAM ( upgradable with 64 Mb micro SD € 50,00)
    5S : Internal 16 GB storage, 1 GB RAM

Z10 : Processor dual core 1,5 Ghz
    5S : Processor dual core 1,3 Ghz

Z10 also has NFC, beter frontcamera, Browser with flash,java,HTML5, real multitasking instead of
    app switch the rest is almost the same and the software is doing the same also speak time is the same.

Prijsdifference € 350- 400 euro between Blackberry Z10 and Iphone 5S and with max,memory 500-600 euro difference.
    I appreciate your enthusiasm and lets be honest here. it is always been and it will always be not about hardware but about software. it is software that sells iphones and it is lack of software that continues to affect blackberry sells (this does not bother me personally. I have everything i need on my phone but i am definitely minority )
    12-18-13 05:51 PM
    First Z10 and BB10 have BT 4.0 LE.

Second Bluetooth and NFC are completely seperate types of tech designed for different jobs
    Don't disagree with you but people for years have been hoping that Apple would adopt NFC to help fuel the technology's takeoff. Instead they came up with airdrop & now using iBecons for things that NFC could also do.

Since NFC Isn't universal, I merely put that feature in the "it's a wash" camp.
    12-18-13 05:56 PM
    Funny specs don't matter when it is an iphone but is a issue when its BlackBerry! I don't get it.
    If you're referring to specs, i think the 5s is pretty impressive. The PPI difference doesn't seem to be a selling point these days. Apple says their screens are "Retina" whatever that means but the conversation usually ends there.

In the case of APPLE, the specs matter less because the also control the software to optimize the hardware. I don't think people complain about the 5/5c/5s lagging or not being able to keep up.
    12-18-13 06:01 PM
    As a Crackberry Nation we just need to keep hammering on the one thing that can't easily be duplicated, security! & then build from there.
    12-18-13 06:02 PM
    Well, clock speed =/= performance. Benchmarks show that the 5S beats even Android quad core phones at performance.

Posted via CB10
    spacemanspork likes this.
    12-18-13 06:05 PM
    Content though not the best, but for BB10 devices it is there.

peripherals, I believe, BB10 was supposed to give us a new level of connectivity with our peripherals only we are busy complaining about certain missing apps, attention has been taken away from what rely counts on this platform.

apps, there BlackBerry falls short but what do u expect from a platform that is barely a year old
    Your average consumer isn't going to care about the reasons, though. If you want an all-round experience, with all the pieces, it's hard to pick BB10 over the rest.

Age of plaform has nothing to do with it for the average person, and I don' think it should TBH.
    12-18-13 06:08 PM
    Most people who aren't techy will gravitate to iPhone because that is what they see people with; and that's what the store reps recommend.

Given an opportunity to use BlackBerry 10 for more than a few minutes (especially on 10.2.1.1055 with the Snap app installed, so there is no side loading of apps for the most part), I think people would be pleased with these devices. I have WOW'd more than my fair share of people with my Z10 and now with my Z30.

Unfortunately, that doesn?t happen enough, and when people look to others to tell them what to buy, Apple and Samsung will continue to win.

Selling those devices is easy,because everyone has one, so it must be better, right? NOT!!

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry was in Samsung and Apple's position in 2006 and even in 2007. Using your logic, people that bought BlackBerry phones in 2006 bought them because pretty much everyone had them. They must've been brainwashed as well. So why is it BlackBerry phones are no longer BRAINWASHING smartphone users today - because Apple and Samsung are better brainwashers? So if you bought a carton of milk and everyone pretty much buys a carton of milk, are you brainwashed to buy milk or it's because you need it?
    12-18-13 06:21 PM
    BlackBerry was in Samsung and Apple's position in 2006 and even in 2007. Using your logic, people that bought BlackBerry phones in 2006 bought them because pretty much everyone had them. They must've been brainwashed as well. So why is it BlackBerry phones are no longer BRAINWASHING smartphone users today - because Apple and Samsung are better brainwashers? So if you bought a carton of milk and everyone pretty much buys a carton of milk, are you brainwashed to buy milk or it's because you need it?
    If you read my entire post, you will see that I was referring to the quote/unquote layman, the non-technical people. I know for a fact that this happens. Nowhere did I say EVERYONE. #BOOM.
    12-18-13 06:27 PM
    This is gonna be hard...

iOS users say they have the best os and hardware. Has to be a fact.

Android users swear they have the best and state it's a fact.

Windows Phone users.. same. Best OS, fact

Blackberry. Best OS and phones.. fact

You can't argue with facts. So what the fawk are we going to do?

If my z10 is truly the best, how will we go on knowing that the iPhone is also the best? How whatsever? How?
    GS51 and jrocke0w0 like this.
    12-18-13 06:58 PM
    Another pointless comment about an allegedly pointless thread...and your point is?
    Pointless

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 07:14 PM
    Content though not the best, but for BB10 devices it is there.

peripherals, I believe, BB10 was supposed to give us a new level of connectivity with our peripherals only we are busy complaining about certain missing apps, attention has been taken away from what rely counts on this platform.

apps, there BlackBerry falls short but what do u expect from a platform that is barely a year old
    Everything you said is a negative for BB. Basically just as Tre said. BB had years to address having content, peripherals, and apps for their new platform at launch and did nothing with the time.
    12-18-13 07:43 PM
    Honestly, I'm a big fan of BlackBerry. But the iPhone 5s is much faster than the z10. I'm not saying the z10 isn't a good phone, I'm saying that it's newer, it has a mature OS that has been worked on for years, and it's optimized down to the kb.

I've compared the 5s and the z10 and it isn't hardware, it's software. Fast boot times and quick app launches.

That being said, I love my z10 and would not give it up for an iphone. I find the home button very 1 dimensional. It's all preference.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 07:46 PM
    As a Crackberry Nation we just need to keep hammering on the one thing that can't easily be duplicated, security! & then build from there.
    BB banked on security forever and it lost them the consumer market. Even the business market is leaving them, now that other devices can be locked down enough to satisfy themselves, and even more so because there are business specific which are absent from BB.
    12-18-13 07:46 PM
    You can scream security all you want, it doesn't matter to the average consumer

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 07:47 PM
    Funny specs don't matter when it is an iphone but is a issue when its BlackBerry! I don't get it.
    That's funny specs don't matter when it's a blackberry but is a issue when it's an android! I don't get it. The hypocrisy it hurts

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 07:51 PM
    I don't understand why bb users constantly make threads about other platforms. Bb threads are dang near non-existent on other forums.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    It is so annoying, I usually just facepalm every time I see something like that on here. The constant bashing of other platforms is far more frequent on here than any other Mobile Nations site BY FAR. Not only do they bash other platforms, but they bash other BB users too! If you don't like one aspect of your device, have any problems, or like any other platform they rip into you quicker than rottweilers at a steak.
    ElGusta, Bsbudd and agarwal.apar like this.
    12-18-13 09:40 PM
41 12