The iphone 5S 16 Gb is the one I tested for two days and the finger scanner is a nice gadget but that's it and the software is fine but I like blackberry 10 better and is real multitasking instead of task switching. How is it possible that an Iphone 5S which is 400 euro more expensive sells better than the blackberry Z10.

Z10: screen 768 x 1280 pixels, 4.2 inches (~355 ppi pixel density)
    5S : screen 640 x 1136 pixels, 4.0 inches (~326 ppi pixel density)

Z10 : Internal 16 GB storage, 2 GB RAM ( upgradable with 64 Mb micro SD € 50,00)
    5S : Internal 16 GB storage, 1 GB RAM

Z10 : Processor dual core 1,5 Ghz
    5S : Processor dual core 1,3 Ghz

Z10 also has NFC, beter frontcamera, Browser with flash,java,HTML5, real multitasking instead of
    app switch the rest is almost the same and the software is doing the same also speak time is the same.

Prijsdifference € 350- 400 euro between Blackberry Z10 and Iphone 5S and with max,memory 500-600 euro difference.

edit: phone's are the same speed and do the same for your social media, browsing or multimedia like radio, mp3 or streaming. So the Q why pay so much
    Last edited by whatsever; 12-19-13 at 02:50 AM.
    12-18-13 12:56 PM
    It's amazing what a mature OS, an ecosystem and marketing can do for you...... in this case, specs don't matter.
    Made in flanders and vivsrulz like this.
    12-18-13 01:02 PM
    It's amazing what a mature OS, an ecosystem and marketing can do for you...... in this case, specs don't matter.
    Yes Apple is a better brand but not the best smartphone
    12-18-13 01:05 PM
    It all boils down to user experience.. regardless of specs
    12-18-13 01:09 PM
    It all boils down to user experience.. regardless of specs
    How would you define user experience?

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 01:11 PM
    The hardware and software are optimized on iPhones so the spec comparisons don’t matter that much. Having said that, the 5s is one of the fastest, if not fastest phones out there.

AnandTech | The iPhone 5s Review

Apple decided to back Bluetooth L.E. instead of NFC... less power, greater range.... neither tech has reached critical mass so that’s a wash.

From a price perspective, I agree with you. BBRY all the way. The truth is, we blackberry fans need to stop comparing our devices to Apple or Samsung... we get why our devices are better.
    12-18-13 01:14 PM
    Specs dont matter in my opinion, because companies will put the best hardware that fits what the phone needs to run as smoothly as possible they dont over exaggerate with hardware because for instance BB10 does not need more than a dual core and iOS does not need more than a dual core, while android because as heavy and sluggish as it is OEM's tend to place quad and Octa cores to make the OS run smoothly and sometimes it sitll doesnt. So specs dont matter user experience and fluidity of the OS matter.
    12-18-13 01:16 PM
    This looks somewhat similar to the Forum about Z30 versus Note 3 and wonder why the latter has more sales when the former is clearly better. The Z models are indeed good and sell-able phones - in 2012.
    12-18-13 01:22 PM
    Another pointless thread...

Posted via CB10
    byrdbrained and spacemanspork like this.
    12-18-13 01:23 PM
    I agree on the specs being a little overrated. But try to convince an Android user. Z10 and iPhone 5s seem to run just fine.

It is all about optimization of the hardware to OS
    12-18-13 01:25 PM
    Give me a good ecosystem with which I can be productive.
    12-18-13 01:59 PM
    Another pointless thread...

Posted via CB10
    Another pointless comment about an allegedly pointless thread...and your point is?
    blackguy07 and extisis like this.
    12-18-13 02:03 PM
    I get what you are saying OP believe me I do. But for BB to become what we know it can be (the best), there is a need to make it twice as good as both Android and Apple....apps are important-we need more of those business ie banking and play apps integrated but it also needs to be ahead of the app curve ie able to work just as seamlessly with webpages-automatically integrating functions that we otherwise would need an app for....
    12-18-13 02:18 PM
    The hardware and software are optimized on iPhones so the spec comparisons don’t matter that much. Having said that, the 5s is one of the fastest, if not fastest phones out there.

AnandTech | The iPhone 5s Review

Apple decided to back Bluetooth L.E. instead of NFC... less power, greater range.... neither tech has reached critical mass so that’s a wash.

From a price perspective, I agree with you. BBRY all the way. The truth is, we blackberry fans need to stop comparing our devices to Apple or Samsung... we get why our devices are better.
    First Z10 and BB10 have BT 4.0 LE.

Second Bluetooth and NFC are completely seperate types of tech designed for different jobs.

BT is for longer range connected broadcasting - wireless speakers, headphones, connect to car systems, printers etc.

NFC is for close range, simple operations. Swipe a tag to automatically toggle antennas, open a secured door (think building IDs), transfer a song or pic between phones, or tap to pay.

The lack of NFC would be a much bigger hit if the roles were reversed and people were aware of what NFC could actually do for them.
    12-18-13 02:24 PM
    How would you define user experience?

Posted via CB10
    Any device or product that suits a users current needs or suits that users level of understanding or technical know how.
    12-18-13 02:25 PM
    Funny specs don't matter when it is an iphone but is a issue when its BlackBerry! I don't get it.
    12-18-13 02:55 PM
    Give me a good ecosystem with which I can be productive.
    Ecosystem? What does that entail?
    12-18-13 02:58 PM
    Ecosystem? What does that entail?
    Access to content, peripherals, apps etc. For example, Google music plus Chromecast plus Google Books plus Chromebook plus Google Play etc. Make the experience seamless.

A good ecosystem is one big reason Apple can get by without having the best specs IMHO. BB10 doesn't have that advantage.
    Donvald and Bsbudd like this.
    12-18-13 03:35 PM
    Content though not the best, but for BB10 devices it is there.

peripherals, I believe, BB10 was supposed to give us a new level of connectivity with our peripherals only we are busy complaining about certain missing apps, attention has been taken away from what rely counts on this platform.

apps, there BlackBerry falls short but what do u expect from a platform that is barely a year old
    12-18-13 04:20 PM
    "I'm convinced, now, that the original poster is correct. I really don't know what I was thinking when I bought this iPhone 5s." - said about 20 million people.
    Donvald likes this.
    12-18-13 04:31 PM
    Glad os10 works for the op.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    12-18-13 04:41 PM
    I don't understand why bb users constantly make threads about other platforms. Bb threads are dang near non-existent on other forums.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    12-18-13 04:45 PM
    Remember this: Z10 was more expensive than Iphone 5 on ebay before it was released. Blackberry failed badly because they priced the Z10 up in the sky where no one could see/reach it!! Build quality of Z10 isn't as good as ip4S/ip5S IMO. BB10 OS is going to be much better than iOS in 3 years time.
    ihys likes this.
    12-18-13 05:23 PM
    Most people who aren't techy will gravitate to iPhone because that is what they see people with; and that's what the store reps recommend.

Given an opportunity to use BlackBerry 10 for more than a few minutes (especially on 10.2.1.1055 with the Snap app installed, so there is no side loading of apps for the most part), I think people would be pleased with these devices. I have WOW'd more than my fair share of people with my Z10 and now with my Z30.

Unfortunately, that doesn?t happen enough, and when people look to others to tell them what to buy, Apple and Samsung will continue to win.

Selling those devices is easy,because everyone has one, so it must be better, right? NOT!!

Posted via CB10
    DJM626 likes this.
    12-18-13 05:35 PM
    The iphone 5S 16 Gb is the one I tested for two days and the finger scanner is a nice gadget but that's it and the software is fine but I like blackberry 10 better and is real multitasking instead of task switching. How is it possible that an Iphone 5S which is 400 euro more expensive sells better than the blackberry Z10.

Z10: screen 768 x 1280 pixels, 4.2 inches (~355 ppi pixel density)
    5S : screen 640 x 1136 pixels, 4.0 inches (~326 ppi pixel density)

Z10 : Internal 16 GB storage, 2 GB RAM ( upgradable with 64 Mb micro SD € 50,00)
    5S : Internal 16 GB storage, 1 GB RAM

Z10 : Processor dual core 1,5 Ghz
    5S : Processor dual core 1,3 Ghz

Z10 also has NFC, beter frontcamera, Browser with flash,java,HTML5, real multitasking instead of
    app switch the rest is almost the same and the software is doing the same also speak time is the same.

Prijsdifference € 350- 400 euro between Blackberry Z10 and Iphone 5S and with max,memory 500-600 euro difference.
    i appreciate these types of threads, cause it is absolutely true.

the big picture is certainly that blackberry has an amazing product to offer, but people are brain washed by marketing, is stead of the merit of the product offered.

i wont be swayed though..
    12-18-13 05:37 PM
41 12