I'm back in black!!

Bygone Android and a sincerely pray BlackBerry does NOT adopt Android as a core (ahem cow OS), like what Nokia is Currently working on.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 04:24 AM
    Future devises focus on screen resolution and yes gimmicks. It makes it interesting for younger buyers. Then market the hell out of it.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 04:49 AM
    So basically you'll be back to cheer for BlackBerry once they're doing well again. So you seem to care more the state of the company than the product. I don't know how you see them trying to kill themselves but I see them as fighting and clawing to stay alive. The progress has been immense although lacking in some areas. Chen seems like another boost. Maybe under old leadership they were digging a grave but now it's not quite like that.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty much. I've been loyal long enough. They've made one terrible decision after another. They're digging their own grave and systematically losing even their loyal customer base, so Imma let'em keep digging. I'm not going to stand by a company that can't seem to make a single logical business decision that translates into forward momentum. It's been 3 years of failure after failure.
    Everyone is sooooo excited about John Chen. Why? What makes you so confident? Who is he? What does his resume look like? Has he resurrected another company with his business genius? What's with all the blind faith in a man nobody knows anything about? I'm quite sure everyone was overjoyed when Heinz was named CEO a few years ago. That didn't turn out too well for anyone but himself.
    I have another year left on my mobile contract before I get another phone. Unless BlackBerry makes some serious changes and starts moving forward, yes, this will be my last BlackBerry.
    So sorry to disappoint the fanboys.

Posted via CB10 for BB10
    12-22-13 10:13 AM
    Pretty much. I've been loyal long enough. They've made one terrible decision after another. They're digging their own grave and systematically losing even their loyal customer base, so Imma let'em keep digging. I'm not going to stand by a company that can't seem to make a single logical business decision that translates into forward momentum. It's been 3 years of failure after failure.
    Everyone is sooooo excited about John Chen. Why? What makes you so confident? Who is he? What does his resume look like? Has he resurrected another company with his business genius? What's with all the blind faith in a man nobody knows anything about? I'm quite sure everyone was overjoyed when Heinz was named CEO a few years ago. That didn't turn out too well for anyone but himself.
    I have another year left on my mobile contract before I get another phone. Unless BlackBerry makes some serious changes and starts moving forward, yes, this will be my last BlackBerry.
    So sorry to disappoint the fanboys.

Posted via CB10 for BB10
    You know there's a thing called the Internet where you can research on a subject or person or whatever you want.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    12-22-13 10:57 AM
    BlackBerry is coming back and its coming back even bigger.

BlackBerry for ever!
    12-22-13 11:33 AM
    Since 2010? BlackBerry stocks were still trading at upwards of $75 in 2010 and they still had over 24% of the market. BlackBerry was still very much in the game in 2010.
    No, I'm not a fan of Mr.Chen. First of all, he was given his position as 'interim' CEO. He has made a few changes to the organizational structure, but it's too little too late.
    BlackBerry's last chance to rebrand and remarket themselves as a progressive company with cutting edge technology came and went when they released BB10, but they phucked that up. Nobody trusts BlackBerry to do anything right anymore. They screw up pretty much everything they do. First of all, the product was premature and released 6 months too early. Too many bugs and hiccups on the first few revisions. There were NO strategic partnerships with some of the key app developers. The app world is still mediocre at best 1 year later.
    There has been zero effort and initative to market the new OS and devices. Many non-BB users still relate BlackBerry to their old legacy phones. They still have an image of being out-of-date. The media is hammering them at every chance and they've done nothing to defend themselves.
    I'm sorry, but I wanted nothing more than to see BlackBerry grow and recover their lost consumer base. I wasn't completely satisfied with my phone until 10.2 came out. Until then, BB10 was just an average OS. Nothing special IMO. But I, like many others, have completely lost faith in BlackBerry and I will not buy another BB device. They are continuing to lose extremely valuable and loyal customers such as myself with their pathetic attempts to regain lost ground in the industry that they created.
    Sorry, but I'm a realist. I don't bury my head in the sand and pretend everything is tickity boo. If ppl want to support BlackBerry going forward, they have every right. But they've lost one more loyal customer with me. I can't support a company that can't support themselves.
    BlackBerry is a sad story of an amazing company that was milked dry by greed and lack of leadership.

I'd like nothing more than to be proven wrong about my prediction. But until they actually start making headway by making smart business decisions that turn into profits and bwgin regaining market share... I'll stand by my comments. Heck, BlackBerry is even behind Windows mobile as it stands today.

Posted via CB10 for BB10
    "Trending upwards of $75" that's trending downwards when it used to be at $150+. Obviously they have made many mistakes, but making changes to forget those mistakes is the key. Don't think I will change your mind, but what phone is it that you actually want to own?

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    12-22-13 01:12 PM
    "Trending upwards of $75" that's trending downwards when it used to be at $150+. Obviously they have made many mistakes, but making changes to forget those mistakes is the key. Don't think I will change your mind, but what phone is it that you actually want to own?

I would like to own a phone by a progressive company that does not make siloed and proprietary code that is completely locked down with little room for user customization (apple). I'd like to own a phone that is not open source to the point where every zit faced code writer will contribute to the end product that results in a very cumbersome user experience (android).
    Don't get me wrong. 10.2.1 is FINALLY a great mobile OS. But I also want a phone where I know there will be future support from not only the OEM itself, but its critical app partnership. A company that knows where it stands and how to efficiently penetrate the market and create demand for its products.

Posted via CB10 for BB10
    12-22-13 07:30 PM
    You know there's a thing called the Internet where you can research on a subject or person or whatever you want.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    Point being? I didn't exactly see anything extraordinary about Chen when I looked up his credentials.

Posted via CB10 for BB10
    12-22-13 07:32 PM
    Point being? I didn't exactly see anything extraordinary about Chen when I looked up his credentials.

Posted via CB10 for BB10
    Point is give him time...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    12-22-13 09:36 PM
    By extraordinary, he meant Steven Jobs kind.

Z10, 10.2.1.1259... what app gap?
    12-22-13 09:42 PM
    By extraordinary, he meant Steven Jobs kind.

Do you know CEOs that are equivalent to Steve Jobs ? It's not like they are common lol.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    12-22-13 09:55 PM
    Exactly. And even Steven Jobs had the time when everyone doubted him.

Dave Bourque likes this.
    12-22-13 10:49 PM
    As I post earlier, BlackBerry is like Titanic on its last few hours... it's inevitably going down... what it is left to do is salvage whatever it can be saved... and wait for another ship...

The only difference is, the previous Captain already left the ship...

Posted via CB10
    Well we know now what half, of a half full glass of water you're in tune with! Sheesh!

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    12-22-13 11:48 PM
    I would like to own a phone by a progressive company that does not make siloed and proprietary code that is completely locked down with little room for user customization (apple). I'd like to own a phone that is not open source to the point where every zit faced code writer will contribute to the end product that results in a very cumbersome user experience (android).
    Don't get me wrong. 10.2.1 is FINALLY a great mobile OS. But I also want a phone where I know there will be future support from not only the OEM itself, but its critical app partnership. A company that knows where it stands and how to efficiently penetrate the market and create demand for its products.

Posted via CB10 for BB10
    So that phone would be?

12-23-13 12:24 AM
    So that phone would be?

I'll wait to see what what happens in the next year. I'm not one to run to a new device every time an OEM releases a new phone. I'll hang tight on my Z10 for now. It does what I need it to do.
    If I was forced to migrate today, I'd most likely go to iOS. I've used android products and I find them to be very cumbersome. I'd never go andoid. I'm far from an apple supporter but as it stands today, if I was given an ultimatum, I'd go apple.

Posted via CB10 for BB10
    12-23-13 01:48 AM
    Point is give him time...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    Ohhh, time. Ya, I get it.

Unfortunately, BlackBerry ran out of that a long time ago... IMO.

I'm not a BlackBerry basher, I'd love to see BlackBerry resurect themselves. But they've done nothing to inspire any confidence in me....
    I used to be a Nortel employee 13 years ago... I've seen this before. it's sad, but the reality is that BlackBerry is going to follow the foot steps of yet another great Canadian innovator.
    Canada is quickly catching up to the likes of Greece and Italy. One great nations, overrun by greed and corruption.
    Great companies no longer thrive in Canada. Greed, corruption and instability are now par for the course.
    If BlackBerry wants to survive, they should move their HQ to Australia, far away from north american greed and taxation. Or.at least move to Alberta and leave Ontario to rott in the mess they've created and supported.

Posted via CB10 for BB10
    12-23-13 02:00 AM
    I think Chen's strategy will work.
    Selling a low end device or at least not overprice device for retail mainstream customers. Develop BB10 community for dev and app market.
    And build high end, integrated, secure communication solution for corporate.

I just wish that this strategy was implemented earlier on January 2013. BlackBerry fate could be different.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    12-23-13 02:19 AM
    I think Chen's strategy will work.
    Selling a low end device or at least not overprice device for retail mainstream customers. Develop BB10 community for dev and app market.
    And build high end, integrated, secure communication solution for corporate.

I just wish that this strategy was implemented earlier on January 2013. BlackBerry fate could be different.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Agreed.

Posted via CB10 for BB10
    12-23-13 02:42 AM
    Exactly. And even Steven Jobs had the time when everyone doubted him.

So now even BlackBerry fanboys are praising the likes of SJ in hopes that BlackBerry will land another messiah to resurrect themselves from the dead.
    First of all, Apple was nowhere near in the dire straights that BB finds themselves in today. Secondly, Apple was trying to PENETRATE the mobile market in the SJ's days. BlackBerry was still the proverbial 'juggernaut'. BlackBerry invented the bloody industry!! Was it really that hard to maintain and adequate user base instead of loosing quarter after quarter?
    All BlackBerry had to do was stay current. They couldn't even do that. They got complacent. They sat around and said that 'cloud' based apps will never be required on mobile devices.
    Steve Jobs didn't do anything exilerating for iOS. He simply capitalized on BlackBerry arrogance.
    Hey, I hear the palm has a new.CEO too... wanna invest in a new palm with me to run my business? No? How come? Is palm not re-gaining lost consumers?

Posted via CB10 for BB10
    12-23-13 03:51 AM
    So now even BlackBerry fanboys are praising the likes of SJ in hopes that BlackBerry will land another messiah to resurrect themselves from the dead.
    First of all, Apple was nowhere near in the dire straights that BB finds themselves in today. Secondly, Apple was trying to PENETRATE the mobile market in the SJ's days. BlackBerry was still the proverbial 'juggernaut'. BlackBerry invented the bloody industry!! Was it really that hard to maintain and adequate user base instead of loosing quarter after quarter?
    All BlackBerry had to do was stay current. They couldn't even do that. They got complacent. They sat around and said that 'cloud' based apps will never be required on mobile devices.
    Steve Jobs didn't do anything exilerating for iOS. He simply capitalized on BlackBerry arrogance.
    Hey, I hear the palm has a new.CEO too... wanna invest in a new palm with me to run my business? No? How come? Is palm not re-gaining lost consumers?

Posted via CB10 for BB10
    You are mostly correct.

See what I did there as a true BlackBerry fanboy? lol
    12-23-13 10:28 AM
    Or.at least move to Alberta and leave Ontario to rott in the mess they've created and supported.
    You know us well.
    12-23-13 10:30 AM
    Take a chill pill derek...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    12-23-13 12:10 PM
    So look what happened when BBM hit Android. What do you think will happen when Android apps hit Blackberry as they are starting to do with leaks ? Soon as they can get a proper OS with Android app support you better load the boat.
    12-23-13 12:18 PM
    BlackBerry is going to be just fine. BB10 is too good to fail, and Chen is going to move the company back to profitability in 2014.

Steve Jobs Is an overrated hippy who got lucky with an mp3 player, then an mp3 player that was also a phone.
    12-23-13 12:36 PM
    I think Blackberry under Chen's guidance can move back to profiting long term. He sees the value in moving the companies focus back to enterprise and in the short-term having someone else manage their hardware needs. Having Blackberry focus it's resources on enterprise with software and MDM solutions, so that once that area is stabilized Blackberry devices will naturally migrate to being used in the consumer market as they once did many year ago.

See what people often forget is, consumers really don't like carrying multiple devices (not all of us anyway). So if my company hands me BB10 phone and it can pretty much do everything I need it to do, then I'm not going out and buying a personal device with an additional cost to my house hold unless of course my employer has restrictions on my usage.
    12-23-13 01:38 PM
50 12