I know it's been mentioned a few times here already, including myself in other posts, but hopefully the more posts and attention this topic has will achieve getting this update...

GIVE US DARK THEMED EVERYTHING!!

Why can't we change the hub, settings, or dialer but CAN change the calendar and contacts? Doesn't make sense, it's like we're getting teased with some customization in some areas but not others, and for no apparent reason.

I like that BlackBerry has finally realized the more customization options the better, but please don't half-*** it! It's a simple font/background colour mod, I can't imagine with all the proposed changes on the table that this is a hard option to include...ESPECIALLY when we have it for other things.

Just give it to us already! Please and thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 09:45 AM
    Been requested many times in the Beta Zone as it's straining on the eyes to go from one dark screen to one bright white screen. Hopefully will be next.
    02-22-15 10:08 AM
    You know, I tried all the dark themes on my Q10 and Z30, and wound up going back to the light. It seems to me that I read that the dark screens use more power on the Z10, so I don't see the upside here.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 10:45 AM
    It's a simple font/background colour mod...
    Not that simple. Looks like BB10 doesn't support templates, every single app must be reworked. The funny thing is in 10.3.1 you get many screens in mostly white, but someone decided to change Calculator display from white to black. Just to make it look "updated", I guess.
    02-22-15 10:51 AM
    You know, I tried all the dark themes on my Q10 and Z30, and wound up going back to the light. It seems to me that I read that the dark screens use more power on the Z10, so I don't see the upside here.

Posted via CB10
    Does blacking out the screen pull slightly more juice from the battery than leaving the LCD layer totally open for a white screen on standard IPS LCD screens?

Yes.

Is it significant compared to the juice pulled from the battery browsing and posting on, say, the CB10 app?

Absolutely not.

Basically, there is no noticeable affect on the battery regardless of the theme used on non-amoled screens.

But that doesn't matter. I want a system-wide dark theme option on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 11:17 AM
    BlackBerry ain't reading this and doesn't give a s**t

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 02:08 PM