Things have definitely evolved since the BlackBerry 7 but im shocked that they didn't use all that R&D in BB7 to BB10.

To begin with if you get a text message you can't forward it to a BBM contact anymore, it takes forever to highlight the text in the message and then share it to a BBM contact.

If someone sends you a number in a BBM message sometimes it's unclickable so you would have to highlight the number and copy. You would think great now i will goto the phone app and paste it there to make a call but NO. Now you can't paste the phone number. Go back to step 1. Memorize the number in your head then come back to phone app to dial

The whole magnifying glass thing while you type in also buggy. Sometimes it will show, sometimes it doesn't. When you get underlined words in the text you just wrote and you want to add to dictionary, sometimes that wouldn't pop open either.

Copying a line of text from the browser is next to impossible. You will be fumbling all over the website in the phone browser to copy that one line of text. It drives me nuts.

I'm not saying that the phone is horrible. No it's definitely better than the 9900 I was using. However, how did BlackBerry forget core functionalities they had already used in previous generation phones?

I don't get it.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Snazy, ihyln and Brandon Orr like this.
    02-14-13 05:41 PM
    here we go again...
    brout and bert106 like this.
    02-14-13 05:43 PM
    How dare people post about anything wrong with their new BB Zed10.
    HOW DARE THEY!
    02-14-13 05:47 PM
    I like to keep it real

curvezzz likes this.
    02-14-13 05:51 PM
    I find copy and paste to be great. Hold on the spot at it selects a word, keep holding and it selects the sentence, hold a little longer and it selects the paragraph and so on.

02-14-13 06:20 PM
    How dare people post about anything wrong with their new BB Zed10.
    HOW DARE THEY!
    And how dare you not have a glass-half-empty comment to every positive post you see. The nerve of people not acting like everything isn't awful in every way, all the time, in every imaginable circumstance.

to the OP - thanks for sharing your experience.
    02-14-13 06:23 PM
    Things have definitely evolved since the BlackBerry 7 but im shocked that they didn't use all that R&D in BB7 to BB10.

To begin with if you get a text message you can't forward it to a BBM contact anymore, it takes forever to highlight the text in the message and then share it to a BBM contact.

If someone sends you a number in a BBM message sometimes it's unclickable so you would have to highlight the number and copy. You would think great now i will goto the phone app and paste it there to make a call but NO. Now you can't paste the phone number. Go back to step 1. Memorize the number in your head then come back to phone app to dial

The whole magnifying glass thing while you type in also buggy. Sometimes it will show, sometimes it doesn't. When you get underlined words in the text you just wrote and you want to add to dictionary, sometimes that wouldn't pop open either.

Copying a line of text from the browser is next to impossible. You will be fumbling all over the website in the phone browser to copy that one line of text. It drives me nuts.

I'm not saying that the phone is horrible. No it's definitely better than the 9900 I was using. However, how did BlackBerry forget core functionalities they had already used in previous generation phones?

I don't get it.

All that was great, learned from OS7 is coming. Patience, young Padawan.
    Flatman, just_luc and karanveer like this.
    02-14-13 06:26 PM
    And how dare you not have a glass-half-empty comment to every positive post you see. The nerve of people not acting like everything isn't awful in every way, all the time, in every imaginable circumstance.

to the OP - thanks for sharing your experience.
    Dude, chill. Im pretty sure that was a joke.
    02-14-13 06:45 PM
    I find copy and paste to be great. Hold on the spot at it selects a word, keep holding and it selects the sentence, hold a little longer and it selects the paragraph and so on.

That actually works very well. Didn't know that. Thanks

Omnitech, b.mike and spike12 like this.
    02-14-13 06:50 PM
    I wouldn't hold my breath with getting OS 7 functionality back. In the talks I've heard from Heins/BB management, they seem pretty proud that "all the code is completely new." Translation: they threw the baby out with the the bathwater. Is it possible to put a lot of the missing stuff back in? Sure. But the real question is, is BB management's mindset even in looking backwards to see what worked, or are they committed to a clean slate, let's keep moving forward mentality? From BB10, we can already see that the software engineers did not much refer back to what worked in OS 7 other than on a cursory level. For the sake of the 80M subscribers, I hope that BB will take heed and revisit everything they threw away that was worthwhile.
    karanveer and Flatman like this.
    02-14-13 07:09 PM
    to be frank. . .all the stuff they learned from OS7 didn't really catch on consumer wise anyway. . .
    02-14-13 07:16 PM
    BlackBerry reigned as a communication device and their HQ knows that. They want to keep that going but be trendy as well as gain traction and trust of those who left the platform. I'm quite sure blackberry is going to be back into business with this new generation of phones.

I've been seeing them very active with developers and wanna be developers for blackberry.

The points I mentioned above is what made it a communication device,
    Sharing, engaging. I'm sure they overlooked it and those features would come back as a software update...atleast I hope so.

grumpyaeroguy likes this.
    02-14-13 07:35 PM
    I wouldn't hold my breath with getting OS 7 functionality back
    Me neither. The PlayBook never received the BBOS functions most of us loved either. Releasing two new products with similar feature sets (or lack thereof) seems more a trend than oversight.
    02-14-13 07:44 PM
    lets remember that 10.1 is coming fairly soon and we can expect a slew of updates/upgrades that will satisfy alot of the minor issues we have with this new and amazing OS.
    02-14-13 07:47 PM
    With a huge overhaul to the blackberry platform I'm guessing the PlayBook is going to get some love soon which should given you guys native bbm on the PlayBook and much more.

It's all about the ecosystem remember? More devices on the platform, the more the consumers = more developers creating apps for the platform.

See where this is going ?

02-14-13 08:11 PM
    Dude, chill. Im pretty sure that was a joke.
    I would have hoped my smiley would have convey that mine was too.
    Eskibo likes this.
    02-14-13 09:01 PM
    For the sake of the 80M subscribers, I hope that BB will take heed and revisit everything they threw away that was worthwhile.
    One thing to keep in mind is that the people here may not be reflective of those 80 million customers. People who physically come to CrackBerry.com are often 'power users' that take more of an interest in the phone and its advanced features. What may be 'removed' for us, is something that complicated for others.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    02-14-13 09:03 PM
    One thing to keep in mind is that the people here may not be reflective of those 80 million customers. People who physically come to CrackBerry.com are often 'power users' that take more of an interest in the phone and its advanced features. What may be 'removed' for us, is something that complicated for others.
    True, however I feel BlackBerry users in general take more of an interest in both the hardware and the software that makes a BlackBerry a BlackBerry.
    grumpyaeroguy likes this.
    02-14-13 09:16 PM
    It needs to mature and all the great things people used and love in OS7 actually does need to get cooked in.

WEBOS was rated the most loved OS in the entire world just about a year ago! That was a ATT survey folks. While it was not alot of things, webOS was the most loved by a huge margin. The hardware was bad and HP ****ed the dog. We damn well still have a red LED and I hope everything else we like about this OS gets cooked back in just like we got gestures from the most loved OS in the world, but not the most popular...
    02-14-13 09:19 PM
    It's only about time till BlackBerry fixes the issues. Frustrating nevertheless, I'm sure they must have the same problems if they are using this phone.

I would love to see thorsten's face when he's trying to copy paste a phone number in the phone app LOL

02-15-13 08:59 AM
    This is very true!

My friend loves her BlackBerry, but has never edited a Sound Profile. Too confusing she says.

Another friend has had an iPhone for a year. I was helping her set up a new email account, and I pulled down the Notification Shade, and she asked, "Hey... what's that?" She'd never used or seen the pull-down notifications before.

Which is why I fear and suspect that simplicity is a new trend for BlackBerry. BB10 phones may be more oriented towards ordinary consumers than OCD phone enthusiasts like many of us BBOS fans, lol.
    karanveer likes this.
    02-15-13 09:37 AM
    ... highlight the number and copy. You would think great now i will goto the phone app and paste it there to make a call but NO. Now you can't paste the phone number. Go back to step 1. Memorize the number in your head then come back to phone app to dial
    I wrote a little app to do this: Clipboard Dialer. It scans your clipboard for phone numbers and allows you to call or text them, add to contacts etc. Also works by selecting a paragraph or two in your browser or e-mail, tapping the text and sharing it with Clipboard Dialer.
    04-12-13 12:06 AM
    Thanks for the copy trick -- you can keep holding it down and it will continue to select more stuff!

I hope that when 10.1 is done they include a changelog.

Also would be nice if there were power management options, something that would ensure that power savings would globally be set for a specific high priority, with high detail and control.
    04-12-13 12:22 AM
    I don't think they forgot. I'm thinking they were shooting for a whole different build but also with the same BlackBerry experience. Hence why they used QNX instead of building from the old BBOS. They wanted to bring BlackBerry back with a whole new OS experience

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 01:25 AM
    yes, I use a Blackberry phone because of its useability, not because it looks trendy. I have just switched from a BB torch and find a lot of the useful features in that are not now in the z10. It is very annoying and frustrating and I am on the verge of switching back again.

If an update for the z10 is supposedly due out soon can anyone tell me when this might be?
    04-12-13 04:09 AM
45 12