Dear BlackBerry!

You've only recently reinvented the company, and pulled an impossible feat: brought to market a line of new products that are truly awesome and relevant. You hit a bump today, but it is perfectly OK to hit a few bumps on the way up as the road is never smooth.

Please continue fighting for your future! I love your products and I will continue supporting you through the difficult times.

Sincerely yours,
    Your very big fan.

Posted via CB10
    Baked likes this.
    06-28-13 10:17 PM
    Pass the koolaid!
    Carjackd, Surago and aniym like this.
    06-28-13 10:21 PM
    Pass the koolaid!
    Only if its strawberry or strawberry kiwi

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 10:34 PM
    I am sure there is plenty around here to go around.
    Would soften the blow from such a terrible showing today.
    06-28-13 10:40 PM
    Every company hits a bump ever so often. It happens to the best and the worst. I'm sure BlackBerry will fight on and have a successful future... i love their devices, and many do...
    06-28-13 10:49 PM
    One day does not a future many with a few billion in the bank and no debt.

To the original poster: F^k yeah! Fight for all of our futures, even the haters!

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 11:04 PM
    Add ice

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 11:14 PM
    Every company hits a bump ever so often. It happens to the best and the worst. I'm sure BlackBerry will fight on and have a successful future... i love their devices, and many do...
    Blackberries bump has been the last 5 years and 5 products. Storm 1,2, 9800, 9860 and playbook... That's a big bump for a consumer to handle after buying all at full price. All were sold as dreams and after months updates stopped. Broken broken promises about devices that never made it to what the original marketing said they would do with them.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 11:39 PM
    +1 op

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 11:51 PM
    Blackberries bump has been the last 5 years and 5 products. Storm 1,2, 9800, 9860 and playbook... That's a big bump for a consumer to handle after buying all at full price. All were sold as dreams and after months updates stopped. Broken broken promises about devices that never made it to what the original marketing said they would do with them.

Posted via CB10
    The way I see it, if someone buys devices that does not work for them, after the 2nd or 3rd, switch platforms. No one is locked into a buying a product from one company. BlackBerry works for me, and I'm happy. I have faith that they'll prosper eventually.
    der_mit likes this.
    06-29-13 12:52 AM
    The PlayBook thing is good, dead weight gone and fat has been cut. Interesting times ahead.

Posted via CB10
    Baked likes this.
    06-29-13 05:16 AM
    Re introducing.a classic device is not looking forward and defeats the purpose of bb10 os is better than bb 7 os. Kinda like they dont believe in bb10.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 06:01 AM
    The PlayBook thing is good, dead weight gone and fat has been cut. Interesting times ahead.

Posted via CB10
    They said the same thing abut the legacy devices and OS. Now we're getting a "new" OS 7 device.
    imz likes this.
    06-29-13 06:09 AM
    Newbies. Got to love their ignorance.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    06-29-13 06:28 AM
    They said the same thing abut the legacy devices and OS. Now we're getting a "new" OS 7 device.
    'we're' not, it'll be for emerging markets and those who rely on legacy for work because the company is running BES and is hesitating to upgrade to BES10. BB10 is where it's at right now but that doesn't mean that they should ignore a profitable legacy user base.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 07:06 AM
    Re introducing.a classic device is not looking forward and defeats the purpose of bb10 os is better than bb 7 os. Kinda like they dont believe in bb10.

Posted via CB10
    They're not reintroducing anything.... they've announced (which is completely different) that a new BBOS7 phone is to be made.

Now were they're flawed, was announcing something like that during a quarterly earnings call. They'll need to keep producing OS7 phones in order to replace and replenish an older number of 9900 BlackBerry's still out in the market. But it should have been a foot note at best to be read about after, not tied in with some disappointing news alongside the PB!

Let's hope that's the end of it. As a transition towards BB10 needs to just move along at a quicker pace.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    06-29-13 07:26 AM
    Personally I think Blackberry will never regain the lost market share they once possessed, here in the USA. For those folks out there who think that a few billion in the bank and no debut is something to brag about in todays highly competitive consumer products market, your dead wrong my friends.

This is a publicly traded company and more sooner then later, the folks who own large chunks of the stock are going to want to see positive profit results and if they don't get them in a reasonable timeframe, they will take their investment elsewhere and lets see how long that few billion last then when no one wants to invest in your company anymore?

The management better be getting the app store up to par with their competition and promoting these products better here in the USA better then what they have been up to now. I have a z10 and an iPhone 5 and right now I am using my iPhone 5 because two of my major clients have abandoned BB in favor of IOS because they feel that BB has fallen behind in the samrtphone market place and these where two companies that where dedicated to the BB platform for years and was the reason I bought my first BB way back in 2008.

I am really trying to hang on to my z10 and use it as my daily driver, but I am afraid when BBM is released for IOS, allot of my corporate clients will bid BB farewell for good. They will convert their existing BBM contacts over to IOS along with myself on move on. Apple and Samsung have dominated the market and have embedded themselves into the culture here, Samsung is also going to open new Samsung product stores here in the USA to compete against Apple.

This will only increase their already huge presence here and chip away at the sliver of the market that BB and Microsoft are fighting for at the moment. If you think I am some fanboy, I will tell you to go into any Best Buy and look at the new Samsung display area they have now dedicated to their samrtphone products, it's bigger then the one Apple currently has. This is not some fantasy, this is reality folks. Only time will time.
    06-29-13 07:54 AM
    The way I see it, if someone buys devices that does not work for them, after the 2nd or 3rd, switch platforms. No one is locked into a buying a product from one company. BlackBerry works for me, and I'm happy. I have faith that they'll prosper eventually.
    That's what got blackberry where they are. They've been promising things for many years and letting down their customers. I said the same as you over and over again, but after 8 years and none of the phones lasting more then 18 months due to major bugs, poor build and no OS updates, blackberrys last diehard customers are starting to look elsewhere. Once gone, its quite hard to gain a customer back... Enough of us go and there will be no blackberry for you either.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, aniym and jacknewp like this.
    06-29-13 09:06 AM
    I think crackberry should stop blending product reviews, DIY hacks & these awesomely crazy forums w/ stock investing advice.

It creates a toxic mix & people who get blinded by how awesome a product is can't always seperate good investing from bad.

Yesterday was a perfect example of ignoring the real user issues in these forums w/ the main page running the latest analyst upgrade. This site gets everyone hyped that devices are flying off the shelves & outselling all other phones in the UK & then you have Chris U. refute any negative research report & parroting only the good.

Fan sites should not be stock sites.
    06-29-13 09:09 AM
    "Hear, Hear"... And the point (more or less) about getting rid of the penny stock traders interjecting into what should be technical forums has been spoken of ad nauseum in the past. ... If not abundantly clear in the past, should now be super clear in light of this week's news!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 09:21 AM