Remember when Mike L. said "amateur hour is over". My sides are still splitting from that.
    05-21-13 07:11 PM
    I love it! And I'll tell you why...
    Because blackberry 10 wasn't built over night, the android runtime is sitting at 2.3.3 (although most android apps run smoother with 4.0 +) and blackberry probably sees the android runtime as a temporary solution until developers see the advantage to writing native apps. Viber is an example, they are heavily involved within the Crackberry forums community. Keep in mind, both apple and android didn't debut their app world with 100,000+ apps from one day to the other. I love my z10 and I wouldn't trade it for the world, I'm sure 200+ users on this forum feel the same way. Please do yourself a favor, educate yourself a little more, scroll through forums, and read official blackberry announcements! I spend more than a year without posting on these forums and educated myself before commenting

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 09:05 PM
    I love apple product, but I was thinking to try something brand new mobile so switch to BBZ10, you guys should focus on blackberry market strategy, every day unused promise and nothing gonna happen on time.... if they bring apps after one year ..what will be the use of such apps,

Smart phone mobile market every day new technology is coming, how the blackberry can stick with same attitude. What's was few years go ..

Come guys do something out of the box out of the site ...

If the OP loves iphones so much why does he waste his time in here. IPhones are for people who don't know how to use real phones. But if they work for you, stick with it. But take your crap somewhere people actually care. Goodbye OP.

Posted from my Z10
    05-21-13 09:19 PM
    we can't built the castle in one day but also cant keep building for an year an year ....i love blackberry OS pretty good but still many bugs and a lost apps are missing ..

its hard to understand blackberry planing , they took two year to launch BBZ10 so i am afraid they may need two more year to convert bbz10 in to proper business phone

I love it! And I'll tell you why...
    Because blackberry 10 wasn't built over night, the android runtime is sitting at 2.3.3 (although most android apps run smoother with 4.0 +) and blackberry probably sees the android runtime as a temporary solution until developers see the advantage to writing native apps. Viber is an example, they are heavily involved within the Crackberry forums community. Keep in mind, both apple and android didn't debut their app world with 100,000+ apps from one day to the other. I love my z10 and I wouldn't trade it for the world, I'm sure 200+ users on this forum feel the same way. Please do yourself a favor, educate yourself a little more, scroll through forums, and read official blackberry announcements! I spend more than a year without posting on these forums and educated myself before commenting

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 09:27 PM
    i feel blackberry just same as OLD WIFE , you don't like it but you need to be stick with this old style..

If the OP loves iphones so much why does he waste his time in here. IPhones are for people who don't know how to use real phones. But if they work for you, stick with it. But take your crap somewhere people actually care. Goodbye OP.

Posted from my Z10
    05-21-13 09:40 PM
    never mind!
    moving on!

CB10 App, Z10
    05-21-13 10:11 PM
    we can't built the castle in one day but also cant keep building for an year an year ....i love blackberry OS pretty good but still many bugs and a lost apps are missing ..

its hard to understand blackberry planing , they took two year to launch BBZ10 so i am afraid they may need two more year to convert bbz10 in to proper business phone
    Yes you can, it's called innovation. BlackBerry can launch 10 updates a year to improve, add, remove features, change UI etc ... what you don't seem to understand is that blackberry 10 is a BRAND NEW OS. As much as blackberry advertises that you can port in an app in minimum 10 mins most developers take their time to avoid half *** apps and negative feedbacks. You rather have your app that you seem to be crying about right now and not work 100%? It's all appealing to the masses, and rather wait for an app than garbage. If you aren't happy with they way the developers are approaching it, there's the door, use it and go back to IOS or Android ... that being said without any offensive, there's a phone out there for everyone and their needs

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 09:55 AM
    check and see how long it takes for the androids to get the latest OS update.

i know that the note just got jellybean. how long ago was the note released.... yes.. thats what i thought...

*mic drop*
    A point that is completely irrelevant

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 05:29 AM
    10Characters
    05-29-13 05:46 AM
    Yes you can, it's called innovation. BlackBerry can launch 10 updates a year to improve, add, remove features, change UI etc ... what you don't seem to understand is that blackberry 10 is a BRAND NEW OS. As much as blackberry advertises that you can port in an app in minimum 10 mins most developers take their time to avoid half *** apps and negative feedbacks. You rather have your app that you seem to be crying about right now and not work 100%? It's all appealing to the masses, and rather wait for an app than garbage. If you aren't happy with they way the developers are approaching it, there's the door, use it and go back to IOS or Android ... that being said without any offensive, there's a phone out there for everyone and their needs

Posted via CB10
    I think the point of the thread was if the ports haven't been ported yet then BlackBerry shouldn't be announcing them as it looks bad on them when months down the line they don't have what they said they would.
    It's a tough situation, because they want people to know they will have it as it is a deal breaker but them they just get people annoyed when it does not appear.
    What I think they should do is, if they are going to announce certain apps, work with the companies, get a time frame, if there are problems which is all too possible, let people know that there are issues. Don't just leave people wondering if it was all a dream

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 01:50 PM
    I think the point of the thread was if the ports haven't been ported yet then BlackBerry shouldn't be announcing them as it looks bad on them when months down the line they don't have what they said they would.
    It's a tough situation, because they want people to know they will have it as it is a deal breaker but them they just get people annoyed when it does not appear.
    What I think they should do is, if they are going to announce certain apps, work with the companies, get a time frame, if there are problems which is all too possible, let people know that there are issues. Don't just leave people wondering if it was all a dream

Posted via CB10
    Agree with you 100% ... unfortunately the person who started this threat either doesn't agree, or doesn't understand that. I am a developer myself and I know how easy or hard it can be. It bugs me when people say "blackberry launched bb10 and their eco system is garbage". These people have to understand that both android and IOS took time to built. BlackBerry might have entered the "app" race late, but doesn't mean that it's over. But you are right, sound Hound is a perfect example, they announced an app and all the sudden they are no where to be seen. But it's all the patience game, one day it won't be. Thank you got making a valued point, and thank you blaize for the drawing lol

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 02:30 PM
    my response to this is this: hey good guy mike, *insert a bunch of crap that would likely get me banned or at least reported to mods*

the app developers make the apps, not blackberry. blackberry develops THEIR OWN apps, but they dont make WeChat. If you want wechat, go to the developers OF wechat and complain to them. This is like complaining to the dealership you bought your car from because your aftermarket stereo doesn't support the options you want. Direct your frustrations where they need to be directed, and stop trolling the Z10 forums.
    05-29-13 03:40 PM
    dude , behave yourself, crack berry opens social discussion platform. I have been all right to say what I what I feel and what I want,who the hell you ..
    if you are not able to follow the news than you must shut your mouth and thinks with whom you are messing with,
    Look at your profiles, crack berry gives you an abuser title ..

my response to this is this: hey good guy mike, *insert a bunch of crap that would likely get me banned or at least reported to mods*

the app developers make the apps, not blackberry. blackberry develops THEIR OWN apps, but they dont make WeChat. If you want wechat, go to the developers OF wechat and complain to them. This is like complaining to the dealership you bought your car from because your aftermarket stereo doesn't support the options you want. Direct your frustrations where they need to be directed, and stop trolling the Z10 forums.
    05-29-13 08:19 PM
    on a high note, monitor sales have just risen dramatically
    05-29-13 08:37 PM
    Can somebody ban this OP clown?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 08:52 PM
    Oh just close it already!

Can somebody ban this OP clown?

Posted via CB10
    Please, no name calling. That's impolite and even against forum rules!
    05-29-13 08:58 PM
    dude , behave yourself, crack berry opens social discussion platform. I have been all right to say what I what I feel and what I want,who the hell you ..
    if you are not able to follow the news than you must shut your mouth and thinks with whom you are messing with,
    Look at your profiles, crack berry gives you an abuser title ..
    *who* not *whom*.
    Look, it's simple.. next time you make a thread make a relavent one. This is something that more than 20+ post later and you think you still have a point. Tsk Tsk... SAD

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 10:28 PM
    Lol that doesn't mean.... ah forget it. lol

The point remains that blackberry isn't responsible for developing other developers apps for this platform. Not sure why you haven't got that yet.

Anyways, enough with these garbage rant posts please. Or at least just have ONE going and edit it when you feel like bashing something that isn't responsible for your anger issues, bro.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 10:58 PM
    read this , they are not responsible for the app development but they can comment any thing , the day bbz10 announce the CEO confirmed , we will bring all the basic apps , did you check the skype try for 5 mnt you will feel mobile become heater ..

if they are not taking any app development responsibility than must stop misguiding we will bring this and that ...

NEWS : BlackBerry Z10 Launches in Hong Kong
    April 14, 2013 Arisham Media, News
    The BlackBerry� World™ storefront, which now includes more than 100,000 BlackBerry 10 apps. In addition, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Foursquare apps for BlackBerry 10 are preinstalled, and BlackBerry 10 customers will have access to leading applications from across the globe. BlackBerry has also been working with local partners and developers to bring various applications to the new platform, including 24Reader, Apple Daily, Coach’s Clipboard, Hong Kong Movie, Mahjong World, OpenRice, and WeChat.

The point remains that blackberry isn't responsible for developing other developers apps for this platform. Not sure why you haven't got that yet.

Anyways, enough with these garbage rant posts please. Or at least just have ONE going and edit it when you feel like bashing something that isn't responsible for your anger issues, bro.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 12:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't think people here have actually read the thread.
    The op is not talking about apps not being developed.
    The op is talking about BlackBerry announcing apps that have not shown up or has just shown up. This is something BlackBerry does all too often and is down to BlackBerry and noone else.
    The op had a valid point and if people want to make "witty" comments then read the thread first

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 03:15 AM
    I don't think people here have actually read the thread.
    The op is not talking about apps not being developed.
    The op is talking about BlackBerry announcing apps that have not shown up or has just shown up. This is something BlackBerry does all too often and is down to BlackBerry and noone else.
    The op had a valid point and if people want to make "witty" comments then read the thread first

Posted via CB10
    OP does have a point but he's beating a dead horse as well. Plus, the obvious language barrier isn't really helping much. Ultimately, at the end of the day there isn't much else that can be said or done about about the situation at least not by anyone here. It's all on BlackBerry and the developers at this point.

I'd also like to point out, some of the apps noted, are actually available in BlackBerry World ready for download. Just not the apps the OP specifically wants like WeChat, Viber etc. All of which are again, in the hands of developers. Should BlackBerry have not announced them? Certainly debatable.

But we dunno what the agreements are either, maybe BlackBerry is obligated to promote the apps no matter if they're ready or not. We don't get to see the internal business side of things sadly. We only know that when an app we want isn't there that's already been announced, we get upset like WHT MIKE lol.
    05-30-13 04:47 AM
    To some extent I agree to what OP says. BB10 is great but BBRY promised a lot more than what they have delivered. Promised apps not showing in the BBWorld is quite disappointing. I am afraid BBRY will take more precious time to polish BB10. Still I am impressed with my Z10 and stopped using my Android phone completely. Hope BBRY can do it, I believe!
    05-30-13 05:02 AM
    OP does have a point but he's beating a dead horse as well. Plus, the obvious language barrier isn't really helping much. Ultimately, at the end of the day there isn't much else that can be said or done about about the situation at least not by anyone here. It's all on BlackBerry and the developers at this point.

I'd also like to point out, some of the apps noted, are actually available in BlackBerry World ready for download. Just not the apps the OP specifically wants like WeChat, Viber etc. All of which are again, in the hands of developers. Should BlackBerry have not announced them? Certainly debatable.

But we dunno what the agreements are either, maybe BlackBerry is obligated to promote the apps no matter if they're ready or not. We don't get to see the internal business side of things sadly.
    Aye I understand that completely.
    But for me the issue is the lack of communication from BlackBerry. They announced the apps, and I'm aware it is very much out of their hands to deliver, but they could let us know the status of these apps and reassure us that they are still coming.
    A simple statement from Alec Saunders ' team saying that wechat is still coming to BlackBerry but it will be a little while longer because all the devs have gone to Disney world for the weekend would be appreciated as it won't leave us wondering if the whole project is dead in the water.
    That's just my opinion though

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 05:16 AM
    read this , they are not responsible for the app development but they can comment any thing , the day bbz10 announce the CEO confirmed , we will bring all the basic apps ,
    My phone has all the basic apps. Phone,email, text, BBM, calculator, maps, browser, games and remote file access.
    Perfect. Maybe yours is defective?
    05-30-13 05:49 AM
    Wechat already said that they were bring their app to BB10 you just have to be patient. If you want more info on when you should ask wechat. The apps are coming, maybe not at the speed that you want but they are coming.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 05:57 AM
75 123