I've got blackberry z10, and I'm very disappointed of it!

Many things are missing...
    But I kept it waiting for the new software update which must fix all issues we've suffered from.
    I know the official software didn't release for the Z10 yet. I even didn't get the leaked one.

Anyways... after checking my friend's Blackberry Q10 which has the new software installed on it, I found that many issues haven't been solved yet.

One of them is the emotions icon in broadcast message. They still haven't add the emotions icon to be visible on top of the keyboard to add emotions to the broadcast message!
    I'm not going to memorize all emotions when typing a broadcast message!

One more thing is that they didn't divid contacts into categories to select all contacts in a specific category. I know they added a select all button but i need to choose the category i want to send the BC to or unselect someone I've put in a specific category without having to look over him!

Another bug I hope they fix in the new OS is the personal message. Personal message for some contacts doesn't change from the moment I added them!

I've asked them to change it just in case I was wrong... unfortunately, it still doesn't change for them. I tried deleting those specific people and readding them again. Their PM changed for the first time but it didn't seem to change again!

Posted via CB10
    SlickCity, mu4e and M Ress like this.
    05-02-13 10:35 PM
    Lol. Emoticons?

Posted via CB10
    R Field, moyjoy and mandony like this.
    05-02-13 11:12 PM
    Omg this thread has just been trolled badly! Hahaha forever alone mohdipa or should I say forever whining? Lmao smh

Posted via CB10
    mandony and SK122387 like this.
    05-03-13 12:25 AM

But I kept it waiting for the new software update which must fix all issues we've suffered from.
    I know the official software didn't release for the Z10 yet. I even didn't get the leaked one.

Anyways... after checking my friend's Blackberry Q10 which has the new software installed on it, I found that many issues haven't been solved yet.

One of them is the emotions icon in broadcast message. They still haven't add the emotions icon to be visible on top of the keyboard to add emotions to the broadcast message!

One more thing is that they didn't divid contacts into categories to select all contacts in a specific category. I know they added a select all button but i need to choose the category i want to send the BC to or unselect someone I've put in a specific category without having to look over him!

Another bug I hope they fix in the new OS is the personal message. Personal message for some contacts doesn't change from the moment I added them!

I've asked them to change it just in case I was wrong... unfortunately, it still doesn't change for them. I tried deleting those specific people and readding them again. Their PM changed for the first time but it didn't seem to change again!

Posted via CB10
    None of the things you have mentioned bothers me as a new BlackBerry user coming from Android, the current Z10 gives the best smartphone experience.
    SDTRMG and mandony like this.
    05-03-13 12:36 AM
    Got that newest leaked OS 10.1 on my Z10 and it's pretty much perfect. BlackBerry Beta Zone had a survey that came out yesterday, about what changes or improvements we want to our notifications. I told them to give us OS7.1 notification options back (vibrate count, length, LED colors, and more ring tones) and we'd all be happy.

Had my Z10 for over a month now and am loving it more everyday. Waiting for the Q10 to come so my BB10 collection will be complete (til whatever is next).

Posted via CB10
    Javid Gozalov likes this.
    05-03-13 12:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    There are still some things that will need to be corrected after 10.1 officially arrives. It will improve with time.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 02:02 AM
    I agree with everything you said about broadcasts and categories.
    Ignore those dumb trolls

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 02:37 AM
    What about the guy he lobotomized? Did he get a refund?

Posted via CB10
    brout likes this.
    05-03-13 02:44 AM
    Wow most of the people who replied have reaffirmed my belief that a zombie apocalypse would benefit the world.

Op while your issues do not bother me I can understand how they bother you and you are right to ask for improvements to the os as it does lack at the moment.

Don't worry about the idiots here.

Posted via CB10
    SlickCity likes this.
    05-03-13 03:25 AM
    Omg this thread has just been trolled badly! Hahaha forever alone mohdipa or should I say forever whining? Lmao smh

Posted via CB10
    Appropriate warnings have been handed out
    SlickCity, darkehawke and mandony like this.
    05-03-13 03:54 AM
    First World problem's......

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 04:08 AM
    First World problem's......

Posted via CB10
    Stupid comment as everything BlackBerry can be defined as that.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 04:14 AM
    Only thing you said with minor significance was the broadcasting via category feature

Kah
    05-03-13 04:14 AM
    Of all the things to complain about you chose emoticons? There is an app for that. SMH.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-03-13 04:46 AM
    Whoop. Looks like I got in trouble for this one lol. Well to my point. Sorry op, but I don't see these things as the same level of issue. And most of the top is are repeat topics except for emoticons.
    05-03-13 07:05 AM
    LOL at troglodytes who use emoticons and broadcasts.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 07:17 AM
    A lot of people use emoticons in BCs

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 07:38 AM
    damn you emoticons!
    05-03-13 07:46 AM
    First Generation OS... First Generation OS... First Generation OS... First Generation OS... First Generation OS... Which part of the memo did we not get..... one of the reasons I am not an early adopter... I wait to purchase something when it can actually do what I want.... outside of my work Z10 which I rarely use except for actual telephone calls.... I rely on my Playbook 9800 combo.. does everything reliably and fast...When Z10 OS gets to the point I will not be frustrated I will ditch the old and get the new..... the pitfalls of early adopters and expectations...

remember... just because it is important to you does not mean it is important to others... I am sure BB has the OP concerns on the list... but really... fixing actual bugs versus OS features is the priority and as it should be.... patience... patience.,.. patience....
    05-03-13 07:54 AM
    Wait what...what was my warning for and why was it deleted? :S i posted "lmao only" in reply to a "lmao only trini's comment" i believe...
    and i see comments in here "ignore those dumb trolls", "dont worry about the idiots here", and this "Hahaha forever alone mohdipa or should I say forever whining? Lmao smh"(which is similar to mine)

But sorry anyway
    habs_fan likes this.
    05-03-13 08:59 PM
    Wait what...what was my warning for and why was it deleted? :S i posted "lmao only" in reply to a "lmao only trini's comment" i believe...
    and i see comments in here "ignore those dumb trolls", "dont worry about the idiots here", and this "Hahaha forever alone mohdipa or should I say forever whining? Lmao smh"(which is similar to mine)

But sorry anyway
    Generally, questions for mods concerning such matters should be sent via a PM.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 09:04 PM
    They can't fix it all at once. They've been doing a good job listening to the customers and they are working really hard. They need to sleep and eat too. Hopefully they'll get those emoticons soon.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    05-03-13 09:14 PM
    Do you have your BBM Contacts set into categories already to begin with before attempting a broadcast?

(sorry this may sound really basic and uninformed, because well it is - I only have 3 BBM contacts currently).
    05-03-13 09:18 PM
    They can't fix it all at once. They've been doing a good job listening to the customers and they are working really hard. They need to sleep and eat too. Hopefully they'll get those emoticons soon.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    Not to mention spend time with their loved ones and other family members (nuclear or extended). After all most if not all current BlackBerry employees of been working the slave grind getting BB10 ready, supporting clients and partners to make the launches happen, working with PR and translating documentation, appointment documents etc into various languages, assisting BlackBerry Jam event organizational, PR, and setting up the various global venues, etc etc etc.

It's the beginning of spring ... give the employees some time to do what the birds and bees are starting to do with their wives and husbands; they need a reboot once in a while. Let them take their newborns for a stroll in the park, swimming, meet other kids the same age as their own, form better family friends.

Regarding emoticons ... I suggest you get to have a bit of birds and bees time as well ... emoticons are NOT that important in a broadcast message, seriously. Especially at this stage when the emoticons are so limited and we cannot add more like we could on legacy BB devices. I'd rather have more emoticons, and ability to import those legacy emoticons (with a refreshed look like BB10 currently has) before worrying about sending them out to Broadcast a BBM.

EDIT: Erinn this post is to agree with you and directed to the op, I only quoted you to show my agreement. Cheers and disregard below please.

PS: I'd be doing the birds and bees thing right now instead of replying if I had a girl myself, but at the moment with a tough breakup memory still costing me I don't trust women for that deep into kinship just yet.
    ErinnM and MarsupilamiX like this.
    05-03-13 09:24 PM
    Wait what...what was my warning for and why was it deleted?
    Lol for what it's worth, mine got deleted too. But I'll try not to hold it against anyone

Posted via CB10
    SirJes likes this.
    05-04-13 12:17 AM
31 12