A10 needs to be more advanced than Samsung note 2 or s4 for people to buy it.. BlackBerry needs a knock out punch with the a10... something that other phones don't have...
    They need a knock out punch and a huge change in sentiment. Right now, people are abandoning Blackberry like passengers on the slowly sinking Titanic. With each disappointing earnings report, another proverbial life-raft is thrown overboard, and a large group of passengers exit the sinking ship, never to return. Obviously there are still passengers patiently waiting for the situation to get better, and have not abandoned ship yet. But things do not look good. Thorsten Heins is not likely to yell out "abandon ship". But from a distance, we all can see the ship is listing badly to one side. Thorsten will likely go down with the ship. The last Captain of the mighty Titanic (Blackberry, RIM)
    07-04-13 06:53 PM
    �We have seen a very enthusiastic response to BES10 from our customer base,� said Pete Devenyi, senior vice president of enterprise software for BlackBerry, who said 18,000 companies have downloaded or deployed the software since it was released in January. A BES10 server can manage 15,000 BlackBerry phones, versus about 2,000 for the previous generation. �The adoption of BB10 has been very much in accordance with our expectations,� he said.

So lets have some fun with the math......(18,000 servers) x (15,000 phones/server) x $99/phone/year = a possibility of ~ $26 billion/year service revenue at full server capacity utilization. It seems all Blackberry needs is some traction on server deployment to grow BES10 service revenues:-0....and this is before all the other opportunities to monetize BB's OS, BBM, NFC for digital wallet transactions etc.....
    sonic_reducer and Undbiter65 like this.
    07-04-13 07:10 PM
    Samsung earnings ALSO disappoints.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...2f725172f25.01

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 10:15 PM
    Samsung earnings ALSO disappoints.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...2f725172f25.01

Posted via CB10
    So basically everybody is having a rough time lol

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple likes this.
    07-04-13 10:46 PM
    So basically everybody is having a rough time lol

Posted via CB10
    Yep... diversification seems to allow some corporations to weather the storm a bit better.
    07-04-13 10:53 PM
    For all the naysayers who think our BB's are the greatest thing since sliced bread...

BlackBerry struggling to hang on to third place in corporate smartphone market

Shares continue to slide and sales are lackluster -
    I really don't understand why people come to a BlackBerry and bash blackberry do you honestly have nothing better to do.

...Sorry for my rudeness just needed to vent since all i see now on this forum is just bashing After bashing.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    bradu1 likes this.
    07-04-13 10:57 PM
    I really don't understand why people come to a BlackBerry and bash blackberry do you honestly have nothing better to do.

...Sorry for my rudeness just needed to vent since all i see now on this forum is just bashing After bashing.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    It's one thing for Apple or android fanboys to come into the forum and start BlackBerry bashing. That's trolling.

But for a BlackBerry owner who spent $600 on a z10 and is extremely disappointed with it, I think they have earned the right to bash it.

Posted via CB10
    sonic_reducer likes this.
    07-04-13 11:08 PM
    So in other words, hide the truth?
    Not at all but I think we get the point... let's move on...

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    07-04-13 11:19 PM
    Half the dummies don't even know why they're on the bandwagon.....as long as they're on it! If a few apps holds you back from owning a world class phone.....the future looks not too pretty good.

Sent from the future on my Z10.
    07-04-13 11:23 PM
    No not at all! The ones I am calling idiots are the ones who come on here only to say that one brand is better than another. I don't care if someone hates BlackBerry. I am 42 Nd I come here for genuine help and not to hear a war of words over which brand is better.

Posted via CB10
    But the ones that come here and say "I love my Phone!!!" we cool right?

Sorry if I jumped the gun. I don't mind apologizing when I'm wrong.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 11:27 PM
    Half the dummies don't even know why they're on the bandwagon.....as long as they're on it! If a few apps holds you back from owning a world class phone.....the future looks not too pretty good.

Sent from the future on my Z10.
    Depends on the perspective though. If it can't do what one needs it to do, can it be described as a world class phone for that person?
    Drew808 likes this.
    07-04-13 11:28 PM
    Lol the amount of idiocy and stupidity i see here really makes me question humanity's future.

Posted via CB10
    CMcRob likes this.
    07-04-13 11:30 PM
    It's one thing for Apple or android fanboys to come into the forum and start BlackBerry bashing. That's trolling.

But for a BlackBerry owner who spent $600 on a z10 and is extremely disappointed with it, I think they have earned the right to bash it.

Posted via CB10
    Not to keep poking at you Mister sir, but it doesn't give you the right to bash individuals. Nothing gives you that right. And that my friend is trolling.

In the future, I would suggest, don't be an early adopter, if you choose to be one of the first to buy a first gen product, you will run in to issues. Guaranteed. No matter what fruit, robot, or uhm...Window produces it. And if you do choose to buy first gen, maybe wait around long enough to hear what other people have to say about it, ie, research your purchase before you make it. I do this extensively. I am a huge blackberry fanatic, but even I waited to buy, making sure I read through these forums like crazy before I finally made my purchase. I knew the issues, knew they were issues I could live with, have lucked out by not having them, and am extremely happy with my purchase. Only regret, sticking with att, but even that I knew I'd be waiting for updates, from past experience, so I can only blame myself. And in the future, please keep your receipts. Even with att I had 30 days to return my phone. And if in the end, if you make a purchase your unhappy with, accept responsibility for that, and don't take it out on others.

Posted via CB10
    Undbiter65 and SteveBB10 like this.
    07-04-13 11:45 PM
    The trolls are coming in droves! More wasted band width!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 12:15 AM
    In the future, I would suggest, don't be an early adopter....
    Intellectually correct @Bradu but emotionally impossible. None of us can really resist that new, shiny, clever piece of tech that we can put in its pockets (rasping gollum type voice). We are like pet dogs and Thor has got a squeaky little ball in his hand.

"Go on, throw it". Aw, he just squeaked it again, "Throw it, throw it" (slobber, drool, stupid grin).

I just realised ATT and Verizon are like those cruel owners who just pretend to throw the ball and the dog runs all over the place with his tongue hanging out and comes back 30 seconds later to find his master still has the ball in his hand. And then he squeaks it again.

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 likes this.
    07-05-13 12:17 AM
    So you're saying people are ok paying for this app

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=US

when you can get it for free on IOS or Android?

Yes because that app is NOT AVAILABLE for either of those other platforms. Thanks for playing.

The app you linked to is produced by a company called Skylab Mobilesystems Ltd., they do NOT produce it for either Android or iOS.

Yeah there is a free Google Maps app (produced by Google Inc.) that is available for free on those platforms - if you don't mind a bunch of advertising and Google scarfing-up as much personal data on you on a daily basis as they can get their sticky hands on.

Some of us avoid such apps and platforms for specifically such reasons.

And it's not like Google has any interest in writing such an app for BB10 anyway. Same reason there's no native Gmail app either.
    bradu1 and sonic_reducer like this.
    07-05-13 12:22 AM
    Intellectually correct @Bradu but emotionally impossible. None of us can really resist that new, shiny, clever piece of tech that we can put in its pockets (rasping gollum type voice). We are like pet dogs and Thor has got a squeaky little ball in his hand.

"Go on, throw it". Aw, he just squeaked it again, "Throw it, throw it" (slobber, drool, stupid grin).

I just realised ATT and Verizon are like those cruel owners who just pretend to throw the ball and the dog runs all over the place with his tongue hanging out and comes back 30 seconds later to find his master still has the ball in his hand. And then he squeaks it again.

Posted via CB10
    That is a wonderful analogy!!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 12:29 AM
    Not to keep poking at you Mister sir, but it doesn't give you the right to bash individuals. Nothing gives you that right. And that my friend is trolling.

In the future, I would suggest, don't be an early adopter, if you choose to be one of the first to buy a first gen product, you will run in to issues. Guaranteed. No matter what fruit, robot, or uhm...Window produces it. And if you do choose to buy first gen, maybe wait around long enough to hear what other people have to say about it, ie, research your purchase before you make it. I do this extensively. I am a huge blackberry fanatic, but even I waited to buy, making sure I read through these forums like crazy before I finally made my purchase. I knew the issues, knew they were issues I could live with, have lucked out by not having them, and am extremely happy with my purchase. Only regret, sticking with att, but even that I knew I'd be waiting for updates, from past experience, so I can only blame myself. And in the future, please keep your receipts. Even with att I had 30 days to return my phone. And if in the end, if you make a purchase your unhappy with, accept responsibility for that, and don't take it out on others.

Posted via CB10
    Telling people not to be a first adopter of new technology is like telling a fat kid to lay off a Smartie. I've had Blackberry's (for work) since the days of the Blue tank. The Z10 was the first I purchased for personal use. I would've returned it if given more time. But I'm with Rogers and their return policy is either 30 mins total talk time or 14 days. Unfortunately, the bugs didn't really show up (or I didn't come across them) until well after a couple of months. The biggest one that comes to mind is how my auto correct suddenly developed ESL. Second, I thought that BB would have all the top apps by now. (Android ports don't count). At least that's what I thought given the number of times Thorsten said they were working with developers to ensure that the top apps with IOS and Android would also be available for BB.

I don't think I will be the only one that will be trading in the Z10 for the iPhone 5S when it comes out. I will have a BB for work (our company is rolling out Z10/Q10 by the end of the year. And that's fine as our company does not allow apps on corporate devices. Even the camera is disabled. Only phone and email functions. But I certainly won't be owning one for personal use.
    07-05-13 07:16 AM
    I really like the BB10 operating system. I hope to see it prevail, I will defiantly purchase more of the BB10 devices for years to come. I have never bought stock, but, I am pretty sure I may purchase some stock from BlackBerry, I think their company may strive to the top.

I love my Z10, the BlackBerry 10 is such a great concept, and it truly is under ranked by much of the mobile world.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 07:21 AM
    I really like the BB10 operating system. I hope to see it prevail, I will defiantly purchase more of the BB10 devices for years to come. I have never bought stock, but, I am pretty sure I may purchase some stock from BlackBerry, I think their company may strive to the top.

I love my Z10, the BlackBerry 10 is such a great concept, and it truly is under ranked by much of the mobile world.

Posted via CB10
    I would stay away from the stock as long as this is the case.
    07-05-13 07:27 AM
    I would stay away from the stock as long as this is the case.
    High risk high reward.

bradu1 likes this.
    07-05-13 07:34 AM
    Was Apple publicly traded back when they were broke and Microsoft had to bail them out? If they were, anybody that bought stock then sure would have made some money right? Just sayin...

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    07-05-13 09:02 AM
    Was Apple publicly traded back when they were broke and Microsoft had to bail them out? If they were, anybody that bought stock then sure would have made some money right? Just sayin...

Posted via CB10
    The difference maker was rehiring Steve Jobs - who then brought to market a diverse line of products that the public just had to have. I wouldn't say BlackBerry is in the same boat.
    07-05-13 09:22 AM
    The difference maker was rehiring Steve Jobs - who then brought to market a diverse line of products that the public just had to have. I wouldn't say BlackBerry is in the same boat.
    Apple only picked up in 2000s so it took a bit of time. Time and money.

bradu1 likes this.
    07-05-13 09:49 AM
    But the ones that come here and say "I love my Phone!!!" we cool right?

Sorry if I jumped the gun. I don't mind apologizing when I'm wrong.

Posted via CB10
    We cool! No need to apologize at all.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 11:13 AM
92 1234