I have a strong feeling the upcoming A10 is going to be a huge disappointment for Blackberry in terms of sales. I think Blackberry will be a software only company within the next 2 years. Unsustainable business model.
    aniym likes this.
    07-04-13 12:01 PM
    I have a strong feeling the upcoming A10 is going to be a huge disappointment for Blackberry in terms of sales. I think Blackberry will be a software only company within the next 2 years. Unsustainable business model.
    A10 needs to be more advanced than Samsung note 2 or s4 for people to buy it.. BlackBerry needs a knock out punch with the a10... something that other phones don't have...

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 12:07 PM
    BlackBerry, Samsung and apple fan boys:

How old are you idiots?

If you like a particular brand of phone, go get it. But these posts are such a waste of time.

I use this site to get my questions about a lot of technical issues answered. I also use a number of apple sites to figure certain things out for my apple products.

It appears to me that many of these fan boys must be teenagers who have nothing constructive to add to this or other forums.

Go ask your mommies if you can borrow the min van and get out of here.

Posted via CB10
    Accidentally hit like when I was trying to quote your post. Oops. Just so you're in the loop. I don't like it. Well, not enough to put a heart on it anyway.

Now, what I was trying to say, people have hobby and interests. Some people like motorcycles, cars, trucks, scrapbooking, fish aquariums, whatever it may be. I like my phones, and keeping up to date on them, and reading the news, and visiting these sites, that is my hobby. I don't have a lot of free time as I am a grown man, with a full time job, a mortgage, and try to get outdoors and exercise as much as I can. So, I don't have a lot of time for hobbies, and here is one that I do have time for, enjoy very much, and my phone is always at my side.

So, I'm glad you have a use for these sites, however, us idiots also have a use for them too. And it may be different than yours. I agree that a lot of these posts are idiotic recently. I mean, I wouldn't go to a Ford truck fan site and start talking about how Chevy is the best and Ford owners are stupid and dumb for liking what they like. I just don't think that's productive and don't see why anyone would want to ruin someone else's day. It's difficult for me to figure out who your calling idiots and immature from your post. I'm kind of hoping it's the same people I'm thinking the same thing about. In which case, maybe I do want that heart up there. Just concerned that you're calling everyone idiots, and that's just kinda... well...mean.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 12:20 PM
    These threads are getting boring, honestly, for their lack of insight and world view and just plain stupidity. It's kind of the American Tea Party view of economics: "Gosh, if we could just fix everything then everything would be OK! GOSH!". The nature of Capitalism is unpredictability sometimes verging on chaos. Markets will never totally stabilize. Ever. They never have, and they never will. Ever.

Europe is in the midst of a massive recession -- Euro-wide, youth unemployment stands at about 50%. Higher in some countries. Have you any idea what that means? That's a ton of people at prime buying age who, if they were solvent, would be back in the electronics market. (Thus Nokia/MS cheaper phone market move). There is a global recession at the moment. Samsung just took a 12 billion dollar write down because they cannot sell their G4 at reasonable numbers. Though Apple is claiming a record quarter, markets are wondering in what... since their iPhone sales with Verizon and AT&T are WAY down.

Are we there yet...? It's not just BBerry. You only think it is because that's all you see.
    bradu1, Omnitech and Vurhan like this.
    07-04-13 12:25 PM
    People who expected Blackberry to explode and take over the phone market with the Z10/Q10 are obviously not thinking logically. RIM fell out of the market. They didn't do much on the phone front for the last 3 years until now. The general public's perception (US anyway) of Blackberry is quite bland because of that. So thinking they would knock one out of the park in 3 months time is .. well, not thinking. The only way Blackberry is going to take market share at this point is slowly but surely. And, if they don't throw some money on marketing for these and future products, it's going to be far slower than even they (Blackberry) expected (just as it did with the latest quarterly report) ..

So in my opinion, writing articles such as the one the OP posted the link to is meaningless at this point in the game.
    07-04-13 12:31 PM
    Absolutely love my q10, bad numbers or not. Just sayin....

Posted via CB10
    bradu1, mnc76 and dusdal like this.
    07-04-13 12:32 PM
    These threads are getting boring, honestly, for their lack of insight and world view and just plain stupidity. It's kind of the American Tea Party view of economics: "Gosh, if we could just fix everything then everything would be OK! GOSH!". The nature of Capitalism is unpredictability sometimes verging on chaos. Markets will never totally stabilize. Ever. They never have, and they never will. Ever.

Europe is in the midst of a massive recession -- Euro-wide, youth unemployment stands at about 50%. Higher in some countries. Have you any idea what that means? That's a ton of people at prime buying age who, if they were solvent, would be back in the electronics market. (Thus Nokia/MS cheaper phone market move). There is a global recession at the moment. Samsung just took a 12 billion dollar write down because they cannot sell their G4 at reasonable numbers. Though Apple is claiming a record quarter, markets are wondering in what... since their iPhone sales with Verizon and AT&T are WAY down.

Are we there yet...? It's not just BBerry. You only think it is because that's all you see.
    Well the reason iphone is doing so well is also why China does not have a problem with youth unemployment. All the children are sweating away making iPhone's! Lol. sorry, just first thing to come to mind. Before someone jumps me... it was a joke!

But you are so correct. I don't understand why everyone has to focus on BlackBerry when the world economy is in the toilet. BlackBerry actually performed better this quarter than last quarter, but everyone's jumping all over the fact that they didn't make plan. How many companies are right now? None of the ones I have first hand knowledge of.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    07-04-13 12:32 PM
    Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 12:40 PM
    So, this article talked to someone that stopped making apps for legacy devices due to people not buying them? How about some journalistic integrity? Talking about the new os, then talking to someone that stopped developing for BlackBerry before bb10 arrived. Dumb. How about talking to one of the developers that frequent this board that have said time and time again that they've seen their income increase since starting on bb10. With our app store the way it is at this moment, this is the place where someone with a paid app should want to be. They're not getting lost in a sea of apps, and BlackBerry people are actually supporting revs and purchasing apps. As these developers have said, they're apps are getting more notice in the smaller app store than they ever had a chance of in the Android market or ios app store.

Posted via CB10
    So you're saying people are ok paying for this app

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=US

when you can get it for free on IOS or Android?
    07-04-13 12:44 PM
    I find this quote very interesting. Lack of apps is going to be the reason for BB's demise.
    I also find it interesting considering more people use BB than Microsoft.....especially last year. I think Wade is an *****
    07-04-13 12:45 PM
    I would be happy with BlackBerry just maintaining their ranking and slightly increasing their market share. They don't have to be #1 or #2. I just want them to stay profitable and keep making great products. You don't have to be the biggest to be successful.

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 and sparkaction like this.
    07-04-13 12:47 PM
    Agreed. BB continues to fail to execute. And anyone who thinks the BB10 has been a sales success story has their head in the sand.
    07-04-13 12:48 PM
    So in other words, hide the truth?
    In many cases, the "truth" is actually opinion, and in many of THOSE cases the opinion is being stated to advance an agenda.

One must read critically.
    bradu1, der_mit, mnc76 and 2 others like this.
    07-04-13 12:50 PM
    Well the reason iphone is doing so well is also why China does not have a problem with youth unemployment. All the children are sweating away making iPhone's! Lol. sorry, just first thing to come to mind. Before someone jumps me... it was a joke!

But you are so correct. I don't understand why everyone has to focus on BlackBerry when the world economy is in the toilet. BlackBerry actually performed better this quarter than last quarter, but everyone's jumping all over the fact that they didn't make plan. How many companies are right now? None of the ones I have first hand knowledge of.

Posted via CB10
    The stock market is a discounting mechanism. Stocks don't trade what they are worth today but rather 9-12 months from now. So what the market is telling us in laymans terms is: "BB ain't gonna do jack ish for the next year".
    07-04-13 12:54 PM
    Why do you post this on a blackberry fan site? Clearly you are not a blackberry fan.

If you want to post articles with a negative spin, there are other websites you can go to that will appreciate your post more.

An ideal site for posting negative BlackBerry stuff and where you'll get hundreds of "+1"s is called

www.anywhereexceptcrackberry.thewholeinternet.

Literally. Why you would choose CrackBerry of all sites to post this ?

Posted via CB10
    I'm not a BlackBerry fan? Really? Ever read any of my posts?
    07-04-13 12:55 PM
    Anyone bother to read the date the article was published? This isn't from months ago, but rather yesterday...
    07-04-13 12:57 PM
    So you're saying people are ok paying for this app

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=US

when you can get it for free on IOS or Android?
    Ok Mister sir. I'm not going to tangle with you again. I promised myself I wasn't going to engage with people that seem to like getting others riled up on here. Anyone else in this thread that hasn't had the pleasure of chatting with Mister sir, he does tend to like being a bit.... argumentative.

This app, no, can't say I'd pay for it. Because I have BlackBerry maps and Waze. Now, if Waze comes out with a native app, I'd pay for it in a second. Heck, if they suddenly decided to make it a pay app as is, yeah, I'd buy it, because it's an app I like and they are supporting a system I enjoy, even if at this point it's only a port over. I was also looking at the conversation earlier about a different gps app. The pictures looked nice. I might purchase that and give it a try.

Personally, I'd rather pay for an app than have ads all over the place like you do with android. And in the short time I've had my z10, I've quite happily spent more money on apps than I have combined on my iPod and Samsung combined. See, I work for my money and can spend it how I like. If that is to support something I like, and get something I enjoy, well, huzzah!

But I suppose if you are used to getting things handed for you for free, you continue to expect it. Then again, most of us realized when we moved out of our moms house that we would need to buy our own food.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 01:04 PM
    When will we get flooded with fart apps like the other platforms lol? How much do they cost?

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 likes this.
    07-04-13 01:17 PM
    The guys bashing BlackBerry in this article builds corporate management software which competes with BES...just saying

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 and dusdal like this.
    07-04-13 01:30 PM
    Ok Mister sir. I'm not going to tangle with you again. I promised myself I wasn't going to engage with people that seem to like getting others riled up on here. Anyone else in this thread that hasn't had the pleasure of chatting with Mister sir, he does tend to like being a bit.... argumentative.

This app, no, can't say I'd pay for it. Because I have BlackBerry maps and Waze. Now, if Waze comes out with a native app, I'd pay for it in a second. Heck, if they suddenly decided to make it a pay app as is, yeah, I'd buy it, because it's an app I like and they are supporting a system I enjoy, even if at this point it's only a port over. I was also looking at the conversation earlier about a different gps app. The pictures looked nice. I might purchase that and give it a try.

Personally, I'd rather pay for an app than have ads all over the place like you do with android. And in the short time I've had my z10, I've quite happily spent more money on apps than I have combined on my iPod and Samsung combined. See, I work for my money and can spend it how I like. If that is to support something I like, and get something I enjoy, well, huzzah!

But I suppose if you are used to getting things handed for you for free, you continue to expect it. Then again, most of us realized when we moved out of our moms house that we would need to buy our own food.

Posted via CB10
    Why would I rile you up? I'm a stranger on the interweb. If comments in forums rile you up, then you're going to get high blood pressure for nothing.

And if you think I'm an Apple or Android troll, I'm not. I own two BlackBerry's and a Playbook. I only have a Macbook from Apple and nothing from Samsung.
    sonic_reducer likes this.
    07-04-13 01:39 PM
    Why would I rile you up? I'm a stranger on the interweb. If comments in forums rile you up, then you're going to get high blood pressure for nothing.

And if you think I'm an Apple or Android troll, I'm not. I own two BlackBerry's and a Playbook. I only have a Macbook from Apple and nothing from Samsung.
    Well, hopefully I'm wrong. But then first I remember of you was telling a new positive poster that what she had wrote was the most ridiculous thing you've ever read. Following that I have yet to see anything positive come from you, just neg neg neg, bash bash, bash, every time I see you. Hopefully I've just caught you on many bad days and you're actually a positive productive addition to the forum. Can't wait to see you adding some positive feedback to the forum! Have a great day!

Posted via CB10
    der_mit, dusdal and Undbiter65 like this.
    07-04-13 02:26 PM
    Next time check the posters profile and read at least the last 20 posts they made before stating that they are not BlackBerry fans.

Posted via CB10
    Uhhh... He may HAVE been a BlackBerry fan, but since he found he won't get BB10 on his playbook, he has done a swift 180.

Or at least this is how it appears to me.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mnc76; 07-04-13 at 05:25 PM.
    07-04-13 05:01 PM
    Yes. By all means, shoot the messenger and keep your head in the sand.

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    What are you talking about? People on CB are probably the MOST aware of what's going on with BlackBerry compared to any place on the internet.

The difference is that this is a BlackBerry FAN site. Wow.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mnc76; 07-04-13 at 05:38 PM.
    bradu1 likes this.
    07-04-13 05:04 PM
    News about BlackBerry, good or bad should be posted.

Crackberry.com. For blackberry users and abusers. This is what it says on the main page.

Hand them a bucket of sand in which to stick their head.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    The issue is not with the article itself, but the lead-in the poster accompanied the article with.

Like I said, if you want to post articles with a clear negative spin, then post your comments anywhere else on the Internet where you you will see thousands upon thousands of identical posts.

I come to CrackBerry to get AWAY from the bashing and negativity.

It's the last site left... or was.

Again, posting the article itself is fine. I read negative analyst reports and commentary on BlackBerry every day. I'm well aware of the predicament BlackBerry is in.

As for burying our heads in the sand... We (including CB staff) don't refer to Friday as "Black Friday" here for nothing.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mnc76; 07-04-13 at 05:50 PM.
    CMcRob likes this.
    07-04-13 05:09 PM
    Accidentally hit like when I was trying to quote your post. Oops. Just so you're in the loop. I don't like it. Well, not enough to put a heart on it anyway.

Now, what I was trying to say, people have hobby and interests. Some people like motorcycles, cars, trucks, scrapbooking, fish aquariums, whatever it may be. I like my phones, and keeping up to date on them, and reading the news, and visiting these sites, that is my hobby. I don't have a lot of free time as I am a grown man, with a full time job, a mortgage, and try to get outdoors and exercise as much as I can. So, I don't have a lot of time for hobbies, and here is one that I do have time for, enjoy very much, and my phone is always at my side.

So, I'm glad you have a use for these sites, however, us idiots also have a use for them too. And it may be different than yours. I agree that a lot of these posts are idiotic recently. I mean, I wouldn't go to a Ford truck fan site and start talking about how Chevy is the best and Ford owners are stupid and dumb for liking what they like. I just don't think that's productive and don't see why anyone would want to ruin someone else's day. It's difficult for me to figure out who your calling idiots and immature from your post. I'm kind of hoping it's the same people I'm thinking the same thing about. In which case, maybe I do want that heart up there. Just concerned that you're calling everyone idiots, and that's just kinda... well...mean.

Posted via CB10
    No not at all! The ones I am calling idiots are the ones who come on here only to say that one brand is better than another. I don't care if someone hates BlackBerry. I am 42 Nd I come here for genuine help and not to hear a war of words over which brand is better.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 06:36 PM
92 1234