For all the naysayers who think our BB's are the greatest thing since sliced bread...

BlackBerry struggling to hang on to third place in corporate smartphone market

Shares continue to slide and sales are lackluster -
    07-03-13 11:02 PM
    Let's reword the title to "BlackBerry continues to hold on to third place despite lackluster sales and stock price drop."

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 11:23 PM
    Que the "Oh but wait, the Q10 will be available soon" replies. You know, because the majority cell phone market is chomping at the bit for a device with a tiny screen and poor app support. It's all about the keyboard...
    07-04-13 12:00 AM
    Sales were actually up last quarter. As well as revenues so the thread title seems a bit off.

Lackluster works I guess, though it's entirely subjective.

Thanks for the link

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 likes this.
    07-04-13 12:18 AM
    Why do you post this on a blackberry fan site? Clearly you are not a blackberry fan.

If you want to post articles with a negative spin, there are other websites you can go to that will appreciate your post more.

An ideal site for posting negative BlackBerry stuff and where you'll get hundreds of "+1"s is called

www.anywhereexceptcrackberry.thewholeinternet.

Literally. Why you would choose CrackBerry of all sites to post this ?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 02:34 AM
    Why do you post this on a blackberry fan site? Clearly you are not a blackberry fan.

If you want to post articles with a negative spin, there are other websites you can go to that will appreciate your post more.

An ideal site for posting negative BlackBerry stuff and where you'll get hundreds of "+1"s is called

Posted via CB10
    Next time check the posters profile and read at least the last 20 posts they made before stating that they are not BlackBerry fans.

Posted via CB10
    playbook_swiper1 likes this.
    07-04-13 03:40 AM
    I find this quote very interesting. Lack of apps is going to be the reason for BB's demise.

Microsoft has an advantage with mobile-application developers, said Tim Bajarin, founder of Creative Strategies Inc. in Campbell, California. More programmers know how to build Windows Phone apps than BB10, which is a based on a new, less familiar technology.

“I see almost zero interest from the serious money in backing BlackBerry apps,” Bajarin said. “People are more interested in Microsoft.”

One reason is that Microsoft offers money to software makers to write for its platform, said Wade Beavers, an app developer and CEO of DoApp Inc. He said his company stopped designing for BlackBerry about a year ago because it was making so little money because of the small number of people using the platform.
    07-04-13 07:57 AM
    Yeah, let's just keep posting links to negative pages, fill the forum up with a negative slant so that anyone visiting the site who might be thinking of buying a BlackBerry gets put off, after all negativity breeds negativity.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 08:50 AM
    Yeah, let's just keep posting links to negative pages, fill the forum up with a negative slant so that anyone visiting the site who might be thinking of buying a BlackBerry gets put off, after all negativity breeds negativity.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly....well said.

One set if figures and many are burying Blackberry alive. Posters....try being positive for a change....

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 and dusdal like this.
    07-04-13 08:53 AM
    I'm late to the game with blackberry -- I'm given an iPhone at work but I'm just bored with iOS so I thought I'd try the BlackBerry and bought it as a personal phone and so far I have loved it. So if BlackBerry doesn't make it (don't think we'll know for another year or so), it will have been a good run.

But don't t forget apple was apparently a few months from bankruptcy in the 90s before Steve Jobs took over and now they're #1 or 2 in the world.

Posted via CB10
    bradu1, dusdal, ian8206 and 1 others like this.
    07-04-13 09:06 AM
    Not only this thread, but also some of the replies....you might think that really everyone hates BBRY these days, even CrackBerry-members. That's nuts.

I think I won't visit the forums anymore, if I want to read how BBRY gets hated and punished, I can visit any other site.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit and mnc76 like this.
    07-04-13 09:11 AM
    It's a free country if your not into Blackberry or its products your welcome to voice your fears, concerns, aggravated, thoughts on the future of the company. However personal attacks will not help you it makes you look weak. I have had an I phone, I used android and yes for the past several years I have used and prefer Blackberry phones. The Z10 works great for me so no complaints are going to work when the overall experience is good. Apps are growing and improving the BlackBerry eco system even more. Your probably going to have more people that have used them in the past check it out and get feedback. That will make it easier for them to return to BB.

Posted via CB10
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    07-04-13 09:13 AM
    Gotta have fate guys, it ain't over until it's over!

Posted via CB10
    mnc76 likes this.
    07-04-13 09:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    So in other words, hide the truth?
    07-04-13 09:40 AM
    So in other words, hide the truth?
    Exactly.

Did I miss the new World Government legislation that forces us all to read threads that have CLEAR titles that hint that the content is stuff that might be painful to read?
    07-04-13 09:45 AM
    No, not at all, if we want to see how badly they are doing its all over the Web, it doesn't have to be rammed down our throats here as well,
    BlackBerry is being assassinated by doommongers on the Web, crack berry is meant to be an enthusiasts website.
    I really don't think some people realise what harm they are doing by spreading the same old negativity around, or maybe they do.

Posted via CB10
    mnc76 likes this.
    07-04-13 11:28 AM
    I don't understand. Compared to previous quarter, BlackBerry has more profit, and their cash amount increases. How is this the death of BlackBerry?

This is more about people expecting more and not BlackBerry delivering less.

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    bradu1, dusdal, Baked and 1 others like this.
    07-04-13 11:37 AM
    I'm a blackberry fan but I'm realistic... I love my Z10 but I think BlackBerry blew it on the comeback bid.. high prices, lack of marketing and apps etc.. I'm sticking with BlackBerry till the end... I hope BlackBerry will listens more to their supporters and get ideas from the people who actually use a BlackBerry phone... global release of phones and updates should be priority and great customer service but this has been a problem from what I've seen..

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 11:39 AM
    Not only this thread, but also some of the replies....you might think that really everyone hates BBRY these days, even CrackBerry-members. That's nuts.

I think I won't visit the forums anymore, if I want to read how BBRY gets hated and punished, I can visit any other site.

Posted via CB10
    You're so right. But please don't leave. Don't let the trolls win. That's exactly what they're after. Just counteract then with positive threads and comments. We need to show people passing through that there are people that truly love these phone and aren't just trying to be one of the majority.

Posted via CB10
    mnc76 and mexicangangboss like this.
    07-04-13 11:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    Oh yeah because thats why Blackberry are in the mess there in, the negative news people read on here.....
    sonic_reducer and shaleem like this.
    07-04-13 11:44 AM
    In the top 20 for 2013s most late to the party thread.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 11:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes. By all means, shoot the messenger and keep your head in the sand.

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    07-04-13 11:48 AM
    I find this quote very interesting. Lack of apps is going to be the reason for BB's demise.
    So, this article talked to someone that stopped making apps for legacy devices due to people not buying them? How about some journalistic integrity? Talking about the new os, then talking to someone that stopped developing for BlackBerry before bb10 arrived. Dumb. How about talking to one of the developers that frequent this board that have said time and time again that they've seen their income increase since starting on bb10. With our app store the way it is at this moment, this is the place where someone with a paid app should want to be. They're not getting lost in a sea of apps, and BlackBerry people are actually supporting revs and purchasing apps. As these developers have said, they're apps are getting more notice in the smaller app store than they ever had a chance of in the Android market or ios app store.

Posted via CB10
    JazzL5 and geogejost like this.
    07-04-13 11:53 AM
    BlackBerry, Samsung and apple fan boys:

How old are you idiots?

If you like a particular brand of phone, go get it. But these posts are such a waste of time.

I use this site to get my questions about a lot of technical issues answered. I also use a number of apple sites to figure certain things out for my apple products.

It appears to me that many of these fan boys must be teenagers who have nothing constructive to add to this or other forums.

Go ask your mommies if you can borrow the min van and get out of here.

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 and geogejost like this.
    07-04-13 11:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    News about BlackBerry, good or bad should be posted.

Crackberry.com. For blackberry users and abusers. This is what it says on the main page.

Hand them a bucket of sand in which to stick their head.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    playbook_swiper1 likes this.
    07-04-13 11:57 AM
92 123 ...