BlackBerry Charger Bundle-imageuploadedbycb-forums1360917901.592654.jpg

Set this up this morning, can't help but feel the product team didn't speak to each other about how it cables and connects together..

Disappointing
    02-15-13 02:46 AM
    I might be missing something, but whats wrong with it?
    02-15-13 04:53 AM
    I would rather have a cradle with contacts that connect when I drop my Z10 into it.BlackBerry Charger Bundle-13566.jpg
    bunky1971 and dracolnyte like this.
    02-15-13 04:59 AM
    I don't see what's wrong... is it that they don't sit side by side.. even.. Virgo style?
    02-15-13 05:06 AM
    IMO its the same issue as the PlayBook has - when you need to charge it, when in a case, the connection point is on the surface of where you are setting the device. Yes, I know you can flip the PB/Z10 over, but give up your volume control / headphone port on the PB
    02-15-13 12:40 PM
    Expecting mine on Monday...
    02-15-13 12:42 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1360917901.592654.jpg 
Views:	382 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	136072

Set this up this morning, can't help but feel the product team didn't speak to each other about how it cables and connects together..

Disappointing
    Hmmm this is one of the first accessories I have ever considered. What's the biggest issue with it Matt?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-15-13 01:12 PM
    IMO its the same issue as the PlayBook has - when you need to charge it, when in a case, the connection point is on the surface of where you are setting the device. Yes, I know you can flip the PB/Z10 over, but give up your volume control / headphone port on the PB
    Huh? I charge mine all the time that way and have no issues...maybe I'm not understanding what you said?
    02-15-13 01:12 PM
    I think the OP means to say that the charger isn't exactly adjacent to the phone, instead of right beside it. They're almost the same height - so it does look kinda clunky, offset like that.
    02-15-13 01:20 PM
    Ok.. so I'm being petty, and I do appreciate the thing is for using when you are out and about and need that boost.. but all the cables, connectors etc make it a fiddle to connect up on the desk.. Don't see why they couldnt have thought about how it would all connect together when you are charging it.. and it doesn't sit neatly together.

Ill get my coat

Functionally.. it does what it says on the tin.. some say its too big and it should be half the size, but I like the way you can swap out the battery if you need to

Annnndddd... heres the corker.. at first, I hadn't realised it was for charging the phone while you are out, I thought it was a device to charge a spare battery AND your phone at the same time..

D'Oh!
    02-15-13 01:22 PM
    At least I admitted it
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-15-13 01:25 PM
    Ok.. so I'm being petty, and I do appreciate the thing is for using when you are out and about and need that boost.. but all the cables, connectors etc make it a fiddle to connect up on the desk.. Don't see why they couldnt have thought about how it would all connect together when you are charging it.. and it doesn't sit neatly together.

Ill get my coat

Functionally.. it does what it says on the tin.. some say its too big and it should be half the size, but I like the way you can swap out the battery if you need to
    Na I know what you mean and understand it.
    It's being portrayed as something that works perfectly with the Z when out in the wild, but am guessing the connections make it a little awkward when trying to get it all charged up.
    I suppose the important part is how it functions with the phone, charging the unit is the less important bit.

Could have done with one today actually. What's the price convert to in s?

02-15-13 01:27 PM
    Lol @ not realising its full potential, that's why I want it

02-15-13 01:27 PM

Ill get my coat

Annnndddd... heres the corker.. at first, I hadn't realised it was for charging the phone while you are out, I thought it was a device to charge a spare battery AND your phone at the same time..

D'Oh!
    The 1st time I used it, I installed the battery and then plugged the phone in. It charged the battery, but even when the battery was fully charged, it never proceeded to charge the phone.
    02-15-13 01:31 PM
    Na I know what you mean and understand it.
    It's being portrayed as something that works perfectly with the Z when out in the wild, but am guessing the connections make it a little awkward when trying to get it all charged up.
    I suppose the important part is how it functions with the phone, charging the unit is the less important bit.

Could have done with one today actually. What's the price convert to in s?

�26.99 from Amazon

Blackberry Battery Charger Bundle for Blackberry Z10: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
    02-15-13 01:34 PM
    It charged my phone and the battery today.. at least I assumed.. as the phone was fully charged when I left.. now I need to check the battery, let me go get it and plug it in and see what colour light it has
    02-15-13 01:35 PM
    Oh just found that the little light is also a button.. that saved me some time

Seems the battery is fully charged as well... how was you charging it? via USB or mains? Mine wouldn't do anything from the USB only from mains (but that could be relating to the terminal I was using)
    02-15-13 01:41 PM
    Now to let the phone run down and plug it in and see how long it takes to charge it back up.. wow exciting evening there then
    02-15-13 01:42 PM
    Nice one, I shall get on it. As soon as I have finished reading this thread for any issues.

So it charges/ runs the handset when plugged in alone. And charges phone and spare battery simultaneously when plugged in on USB?

02-15-13 01:48 PM
    Now to let the phone run down and plug it in and see how long it takes to charge it back up.. wow exciting evening there then
    I won't sleep til I know the answer.
    **** I'm not cutting my hair til I know!

Spawn12 likes this.
    02-15-13 01:52 PM
    It didn't charge from the USB I had, but that was from a VDI terminal, so it probably didn't have drivers to set the voltage.. ill try that on my mac after ive recharged the phone.. better get using it and run it down or I will have had too many beers and then I wont care
    02-15-13 01:54 PM
    The Z10 is 25% down, so ive plugged it in now as I cant be bothered to wait, i can do another test after it runs down over night.

Connected it up, and I have the little yellow charging thing showing on the battery symbol now
    02-15-13 01:56 PM
    I keep checking for other accessories to buy, I've always been bad at that when I have a device I like, but there isn't anything else I want.

What I do want is a desktop cradle.. but then, I would want one that had been designed with thought that people may have a case on so it can slip in without having to remove it from the case.. otherwise I wouldn't bother.. so a cradle that allows you to slip it in with the flip cover still on, which considering the flip goes up where the charging port is, unlikely or impossible.. another minor flaw with the design thinking .. now I get why apple made their flappy covers magnetic so you can have it either side
    02-15-13 01:58 PM
    So curious on how long it takes to charge the phone. Thinking about buying this also.

02-15-13 02:02 PM
    It will be the first thing I get when Z10 comes to the US. I may buy one before I get the phone. I have the little case like that for my 9930 and I love it, makes carrying a spare battery a breeze. I have 3 extra batteries at the moment. I seem to collect them. I just dont have a problem with dropping a new (fresh) charged battery in my 9930 when I need to seeing how 7.1 boots back up in a resonable amount of time. Anyone know how long it takes for BB10 to reboot? Spare battery is a must. It ends all worries of a dead BB10. Matt how do you like the flip case or whatever they call it? I think thats what I want also.
    02-15-13 02:04 PM
35 12