Hello =) I was wondering if there was any way to stop the camera from making that obnoxious sound when taking photos. I had an iphone 4s before and i could just mute the phone to accomplish that. I've tried that with the Z10 to no avail. Any suggestions?

Thanks crackberry community. You guys are awesome
    04-24-13 08:31 PM
    first
    red72 likes this.
    04-24-13 08:32 PM
    I'm not sure it's possible without a third party app.

In b4 "only creepers would want it off!"
    diegonei likes this.
    04-24-13 08:35 PM
    I'm not sure it's possible without a third party app.

In b4 "only creepers would want it off!"
    I use it to take pics of diagrams and such that I draw to complement presentations, and I use it in low light at the library so I want to be able to make use of the upcoming HDR mode.

What do u mean by creepers, silly? Can't they use those silent apps too?
    04-24-13 08:39 PM
    I use it to take pics of diagrams and such that I draw to complement presentations, and I use it in low light at the library so I want to be able to make use of the upcoming HDR mode.

Every other time this question has been asked here, some jump in and say only perverts would want to have the sound off.
    millwright40 likes this.
    04-24-13 08:40 PM
    Please we have had an endless post about this issue! Don't stir up the Trolls lol.

Anyways basically the laws have changed to make it illegal to mute camera sounds privacy concerns etc.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 08:40 PM
    I use private camera (3rd party app)

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 08:44 PM
    Please we have had an endless post about this issue! Don't stir up the Trolls lol.

Anyways basically the laws have changed to make it illegal to mute camera sounds privacy concerns etc.

Posted via CB10
    It isn't illegal. I had to write an essay on this topic a few years back. I remember there being a country in east asia that banned it (I think it was south korea) and I believe Japan was beginning to introduce certain laws, but both those countries also have separate trains for women on Subways, which leads me to believe there may be other issues at play, possibly cultural. Other than that, i couldn't find any other countries with such laws.
    04-24-13 08:48 PM
    I think it was mentioned here somewhere that said there's legislation that requires the sound.

At the moment it cannot be turned off (for the native camera).

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 08:49 PM
    I think it was mentioned here somewhere that said there's legislation that requires the sound.
    Such legislation does not exist. I wrote a paper on this topic, as I stated above.
    04-24-13 08:52 PM
    I have Silent Foto, if the need arises where I would like the shutter sound silenced.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 08:53 PM
    It's coming in the new 10.1 update. For now you can use one of several apps in BB World to turn off the sound.
    04-24-13 08:53 PM
    It's coming in the new 10.1 update. For now you can use one of several apps in BB World to turn off the sound.
    Do you have a source for confirmation?
    04-24-13 08:54 PM
    Such legislation does not exist. I wrote a paper on this topic, as I stated above.
    From the BlackBerry Native SDK documentation:
    The Camera library does not automatically play audible shutter sounds when a picture is taken or a video is recorded. Camera applications must supply their own sound when a photo is captured or a video recording begins and ends. While you can choose to not have a shutter sound when taking a picture - you are responsible to ensure that the application adheres to the local laws of the regions in which you wish to distribute the application. For example, it is illegal to mute or modify the shutter sound of a camera application in Japan and Korea. Ensure that you comply with the laws and regulations for the countries in which you distribute your application.
    04-24-13 08:55 PM
    I am using the leaked 10.1 and the sound is still there

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 08:58 PM
    It isn't illegal. I had to write an essay on this topic a few years back. I remember there being a country in east asia that banned it (I think it was south korea) and I believe Japan was beginning to introduce certain laws, but both those countries also have separate trains for women on Subways, which leads me to believe there may be other issues at play, possibly cultural. Other than that, i couldn't find any other countries with such laws.
    I already know about Japan and Korea, but those are the only exceptions. BB doesn't even sell BB10 there, at least not in Japan, and very few in south Korea, if any.
    04-24-13 08:58 PM
    I am using the leaked 10.1 and the sound is still there

Posted via CB10
    Shucks
    04-24-13 08:59 PM
    Like skibnik said, we have had a lengthy debate on the topic of it being legal or not. Let's not go there again.

OP just hit BlackBerry World. There are at least three options to choose from.
    04-24-13 09:26 PM
    first
    You firsted your own thread? That's cheating

I'm also scared now, these camera click threads don't go down well... Im diving into the trenches now to watch from the sideline
    04-24-13 09:34 PM
    *dives into bunker*
    04-24-13 10:27 PM
    only creepers would want it off!
    04-24-13 10:40 PM
    Even playboy photo shoots have the shutter sound. Maybe they could make it whistle instead.
    grumpyaeroguy likes this.
    04-24-13 10:47 PM
    They should change it to a light cough sound so it is less conspicuous but still there.
    The sound does not bother me personally for my use, but I can see the benefit of not having this sound in certain situations so as not to interrupt others that are studying or working nearby.

It would be nice if there were some options to choose from

and before you bother I am no creep!

CB10 App, Z10
    04-24-13 11:02 PM

Creeper! ;-)......... joke

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 11:05 PM
    only creepers would want it off!
    I am no creeper...opportunistic voyeur is the preferred title!

I AM JOKING!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 03:44 PM