BlackBerry Browsers Grows 21% In The UK At Apple's Expense, Soon To Overtake Samsung - Seeking Alpha

Got to be happy with that recent progress, very promising indeed, the first progress after years of sliding
    05-03-13 10:30 AM
    Thanks for searching! Lovely to see this happen

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 11:11 AM
    Wow not bad. Go BBRY, and be the No1!

Posted via Zzzzzzzzzz10
    05-03-13 11:15 AM
    Awesome, thanks for the post!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 11:43 AM
    Nice!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 11:48 AM
    Hoping that I'll surely have more BBM contacts soon !!
    Go Blackberry...
    hamzasalam likes this.
    05-03-13 11:54 AM
    too bad that trend isn't present in other countries...YET
    05-03-13 01:47 PM
    Good to hear for BlackBerry.

But I think the author of the article could have left this personal thought out:

"The novelty of the iPhone5 is gone (My maid has one) and the OS is worn."

What will he ever do if his maid got a Q10!? Oh, the humanity!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 02:04 PM
    Looks like some cherry picking of the data.

D-Day February 1, 2013

The inflection point is evident: February's launch of the Z10. Since then BlackBerry's mobile vendor market share has risen from a low 14.94% to 18.18%, representing a gain of 21.7% in three months.
    Unfortunately if you look at the graph for Canada, such an inflection point is markedly absent, in fact RIM continued to slide slightly in the month of February, while Samsung continued to increase blissfully unaware of the inflection point. StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share
    05-03-13 02:07 PM

Unfortunately if you look at the graph for Canada, such an inflection point is markedly absent, in fact RIM continued to slide slightly in the month of February, while Samsung continued to increase blissfully unaware of the inflection point. StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share
    Evidently the post was about UK figures and not Canada data. Plus the Z10 was not released in Canada on February 1.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 02:40 PM

I think those numbers are different now for the same period. 14.94 now at 16.3...not 18.18. So not as good.

BUT...I still think that means BB sales market share is around 12% if not higher in the UK...maybe 15% for Q1 (BBRY Q1).
    06-10-13 10:47 AM
    Awesome

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:11 AM
    I like this stays as it shows that the browser is better on Android and people are using it much more on the BlackBerry than on other devices.

You need to remember that we are very few in comparison to Samsung and Apple.

All it shows is just the usage. The smart move BlackBerry has done is go with Bing as default search and capitalise on the searches we carry out. Every search that goes through an embedded search and not a Google search app or google.com is generating revenue for BlackBerry.

Apple decided that it is better to tie customers with Google Now and lose around 500 million in revenue from Google.

Please correct me if I am wrong, however I will try to find the supporting data once at home.

So far Thorsten seems to be right about having built a mobile computing device which uses the browser instead of a Smartphone which mainly uses apps!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:21 AM
    Good stuff, now if BlackBerry can transport that same growth in to other markets they'll be good to go!

I know I know, thanks tips!

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    06-10-13 11:40 AM