It's been like this for a good while where the original BlackBerry browser won't do anything. I've tried everything imaginable to fix it.

Now my carrier is verizon and they still haven't got the new 10.2 update. Idk if that's an issue but I've backed up my z10 and restored to factory settings and still the Damn browser won't work. No parental controls, cleared my history, used WiFi, the only thing that works is youtube but when I open a second tab it freezes.

I installed evolution browser which made me upset because I didn't want to pay for it but I did anyways since I needed a functioning browser the only downfall with it is it won't allow me to download ANYTHING!!!
    Any solutions to my dilemma? Please inform me!!!!!
    01-24-14 02:38 AM
    Try this:

Another thread had the solution for this problem...

1. Turn off wifi
    2. Settings/Network connections/Mobile Network... leave mobile network on but turn off data services.
    3. Open browser (it will fail to load)
    4. Go to browser settings/Privacy and Security and clear history and cache.
    5. Then go to browser settings/Display and Actions, scroll down and hit 'reset search engines.
    6. Close browser.
    7. Turn data services back on and you should be good to go!

Hope it works for you too.

(originally posted by Daniel71317)
    Ishutter2 likes this.
    01-24-14 02:42 AM
    It works for now. But I get the feeling it won't for long..

but thank you thank you thank you so much!!!! Sweet baby jesus you are my savior from this wretched plague!

You sir have my deepest and most sincere gratitude.
    01-24-14 03:00 AM
    Lol! glad i could help! and i hope your problem won't come back
    01-24-14 03:03 AM
    I think to prevent this, change your history settings to only save for one week or two weeks. I've never had the problem myself, so.. Are you running Verizon official? that sounds could be your problem. Verizon official is ancient
    01-24-14 03:06 AM
    @nah.uhh wow, after a couple of months of having this problem, I tried your solution and that worked for me. So weird... anyways, glad I get to view my Web pages again.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 03:35 AM
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 03:35 AM
    I think to prevent this, change your history settings to only save for one week or two weeks. I've never had the problem myself, so.. Are you running Verizon official? that sounds could be your problem. Verizon official is ancient
    I've always had it set to that, I struggle understanding the issue in general but Verizon hasn't gotten the update and we've been promised this that the new year would bring the 10.2 update.
    01-24-14 11:15 AM
    I tried this 2 times, it does not work on my z10. My blackberry browser opens and when I try to go to any website at all it loads 80-90% of the page then freezes every time, it never fails. Then no matter what I do nothing will work. I keep exiting out if the browser and retrying but it won't work. I don't know why to do, I need the browser for work and I'm falling behind. I need a permanent fix fast!!!! Can anyone help????

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 01:44 AM
    @chrisjones83 changing the remove history settings worked for me on the Q10. Was that the method you tried for your Z10?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 09:33 AM
    Frozen Browser

My browser was frozen and I searched the forum for help. I really didn't want to reset my phone.
    I found a couple useful tips and one actually worked for me. It was a huge relief for me.

Let it be known that I am not taking any credit for these solutions.

1.Open Browser. Clear History and Cookies.
    2.Disable and re-enable cookies
    3.Type in Google
    4.Press ENTER, back to normal

Solution 1:
    Many threads suggest that you simply type in Google
    Do NOT copy/paste but actually type that line.

in the address bar and this somehow solves the problem. That worked for many but not for me.

Solution 2:
    Change your home page to about:blank. (open browser, click on settings - via the 3 dots at bottom right of screen, open display and actions. Then in field type in about:blank)
    Go to privacy and security.
    Clear cookies and history.
    Turn off cookies
    Close browser
    Reopen browser and change the home page back to your preference.
    Clear cookies and history again
    Turn on cookies

Solution 3:

Another thread had the solution for this
    problem...
    1 . Turn off wifi
    2. Settings/Network connections/
    Mobile Network... leave mobile
    network on but turn off data services.
    3. Open browser (it will fail to load)
    4. Go to browser settings/Privacy and
    Secu rity and clear history and cache.
    5. Then go to browser settings/Display
    and Actions, scroll down and hit 'reset
    search engines.
    6. Close browser.
    7. Turn data services back on and you
    should be good to go!
    Hope it works for you too. ..

Thanks for the reply, I found a solution while searching through the site. It involved turning off wi fi and data services, clearing history and cache, then resetting search engines button. That did the trick. I am on 10.1.0.2039 which is the latest official from my carrier on the STL 100-4.
    01-26-14 11:09 AM
    I tried this 2 times, it does not work on my z10. My blackberry browser opens and when I try to go to any website at all it loads 80-90% of the page then freezes every time, it never fails. Then no matter what I do nothing will work. I keep exiting out if the browser and retrying but it won't work. I don't know why to do, I need the browser for work and I'm falling behind. I need a permanent fix fast!!!! Can anyone help????

Posted via CB10
    Did you ever get it to work? I am in the same boat.
    01-29-14 02:56 PM
    Battery pull

Z10 STL100-3 >>>>>>>>Leaks 1055, 1259, 1925
    01-29-14 03:50 PM
    Battery pull

Z10 STL100-3 >>>>>>>>Leaks 1055, 1259, 1925
    that use to work on bbos, not anymore. if you need to reboot, hold on volume up and down until the screen goes blank. Battery pulls aren't the way to go anymore.
    02-03-14 02:03 AM
    Vv.v

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 02:16 AM
    NOTE: there are a lot of solutions on here that may work if the overflow button in the browser is functional which will enable you to go to the browser settings but the tabs and overflow buttons were totally unresponsive on my browser. This is what worked for me....after months of having this issue.

I've had an issue with the browser, for a while. I backed up the phone, wiped it and the browser worked. I reloaded the back up data onto the phone and the issue with my browser came back as well. I didn't want to lose my apps so i just used the search on the phone and selected google to look for anything in the browser.

The main issue in the browser was that nothing was working, the over flow button, the tabs button, nothing. If you typed in the search bar it would not load anything. The issue has been brought up in the forums in the past, as unresponsive or broken browser. I tried everything that was suggested, nothing would work, especially since I couldn't access any setting options within the browser.

With the recent OS update I was able to download the Amazon app store. Installed it into my phone and logged into the account I created from before ( maybe create an account on a PC before logging into the app on the phone). I tried to download netflix and it said there was an issue with the cookies and provided a link to go to the browser to change the settings. My browser was unresponsive but it still opens pages if the search is made from an app outside the browser like the "search" function or from another app. I clicked on the "tap here to continue when cookies are enabled," I didn't think it would do anything but it fixed my browser settings. I can now tap on the tabs icon and overflow icon and it opens both menus. I can access the browser settings etc and the browser is able to go to sites within the app. I don't know if this will work for anyone else but it did for me.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 12:45 PM