I cant find any option to add bookmark in a folder for easy navigation. Sure i can tag those bookmarks but its a hassle and not a good solution.

When i add a page to bookmark, i have to go to bookmark and locate the last link that i added then only will i be able to tag it. You see, if i have 40 or more bookmarks, how am i going to find the last added bookmark in that unorganised cluster to tag it. I think BlackBerry should allow us to either tag it directly when adding a bookmark or add to folder instead for easy access.

So does anyone has this frustration of mine and advice?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 09:39 PM
    i've never really thought about the bookmark folders in the browser,i added all of the bookmarks i use on a constant basis to the homescreen.
    05-10-13 11:03 PM
    I cant find any option to add bookmark in a folder for easy navigation. Sure i can tag those bookmarks but its a hassle and not a good solution.

When i add a page to bookmark, i have to go to bookmark and locate the last link that i added then only will i be able to tag it. You see, if i have 40 or more bookmarks, how am i going to find the last added bookmark in that unorganised cluster to tag it. I think BlackBerry should allow us to either tag it directly when adding a bookmark or add to folder instead for easy access.

So does anyone has this frustration of mine and advice?

Posted via CB10
    Dude I'm SOOOO with you on this!!!

Took me almost a month to just finally accept it. More on this in a moment. It's easier for me because I didn't have any Bookmarks from a previous backup from older BB legacy devices - hindsight on my part. Also no way to migrate bookmarks from my desktop - Chrome/FireFox/Safari ... nadda!

Two MAJOR oversights from BlackBerry:
    Tags:
    - Legacy BB devices allowed us to Save a Bookmark while at the same time pick an existing or create a NEW folder (even a subfolder) which was UNIQUE and POWERFUL!

Bookmark Migration - Link feature needed:
    we need a BBLink feature to migrate our bookmarks from other platforms - especially our desktop browser (Chrome and Safari).

For me ... I finally got to understand that "Tags" is very similar to Bookmarks ... yet more refined. For example in my desktop Chrome browser I have bookmarks for
    BlackBerry
    - BB10
    - BB10 Forums & Threads
    - BB10 Troubleshooting (links to BTSC site for future reference, not the average issues)
    - BB10 Dev & Forums

I have a number of generic BB10 links with the tag "BB10" ... actually I have over 50 in various "folders" above. To find something specific to BB10 say for "Cascades" I'll get 5 results. Not bad ... but its also mixed with "BB10" ... so depending on what I search for (using tags and selecting the listings) I can be generic or very specific. Of note 1 of these "Cascades" listing is the the BlackBerry Developer Forums site ... but the one I maybe after is from a developers site showing me a tutorial ... that particular one has "Tutorial" "BB10" "Cascades" as tags; thus using Tutorial I get EXACTLY what I'm after.

My desktop folders couldn't be as specific ... and I'd have to rethink about rearranging them to get close.

The key is to begin thinking more like mobile ... effeciency and productivity in our actions vs what we've been used to on the desktop. Tags is great ... but it takes a bit of time to get used to it. More of an issue if you did migration your bookmarks over. That would drive me insane to be honest.

Can BB come up with an editable and easy "Tags" solution for migrating desktop bookmarks? Hmm. That is a serious challenge.
    05-10-13 11:37 PM
    I hope blackberry can reconsider adding back bookmark, i really have difficulty managing my saved website.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 09:51 AM
    I find the tags are like folders. But u can't organize the order of your bookmarks inside or out of the tags. Every time u go to your bookmarks the order had changed. And it seems total random. The bookmarks r a mess. A big sticking point for me. The bookmark organization on iPhone is a thousand times better. I don't know what BlackBerry was thinking on this issue. For anu one who uses there BlackBerry as their primary Web surfing source this is a major hassle.
    They should have folders and allow is to organize out bookmarks in the order we like.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 10:29 AM
    I find the tags are like folders. But u can't organize the order of your bookmarks inside or out of the tags. Every time u go to your bookmarks the order had changed. And it seems total random. The bookmarks r a mess. A big sticking point for me. The bookmark organization on iPhone is a thousand times better. I don't know what BlackBerry was thinking on this issue. For anu one who uses there BlackBerry as their primary Web surfing source this is a major hassle.
    They should have folders and allow is to organize out bookmarks in the order we like.

Posted via CB10

I so agree with you!! Oh gosh 10.2 better address this issue. The browser experience is the good but bookmark management is not perfect...

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 10:47 AM