Really, unless blackberry are planning to allow my z10 to connect to my PlayBook within 24 hrs, this is not helpful. Any rationale please?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 08:28 AM
    Most likely in preparation for the Q10 and/or 10.1.x.x.
    04-26-13 08:30 AM
    Yup think so but neither device works with the pb?

Posted via CB10
    olllllo1978 likes this.
    04-26-13 08:31 AM
    The latest bridge update just adds Q10 support.

Posted via CB10
    IqWaN likes this.
    04-26-13 08:37 AM
    Do we know if BlackBerry has upcoming plans to allow their brilliant devices to work with the PlayBook otherwise useless update dont you think?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 08:40 AM
    Really, unless blackberry are planning to allow my z10 to connect to my PlayBook within 24 hrs, this is not helpful. Any rationale please?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I thought I could connect my Z10 to the playbook. But apparently all I can do is use my Z10 as a remote for the playbook! Am I missing something or doing something wrong here. What exactly is the purpose of Bridge?
    04-26-13 08:43 AM
    You can still use the bridge to access the internet with the browser on the playbook.
    Barljo and Vorkosigan like this.
    04-26-13 08:45 AM
    I don't normally bash blackberry as I have 3 PlayBook and have 6 phones but cm on BlackBerry what's the story here? Kevin?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 08:46 AM
    You can still use the bridge to access the internet with the browser on the playbook.
    Really, am firing it up right now

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 08:47 AM
    In its current incarnation, you can use the bridge to browse on your WiFi-only PlayBook through your Z10 wireless connection, assuming your carrier and plan allow it. You can also access files on your phone from a bridged PlayBook. Not sure if you can access PlayBook files from your phone -- I don't have mine handy to check and never tried before.

Personally, while I do miss the other bridge functionality from BB7, I can live without it because the Z10 is just that damn good. What I probably miss most is the old Bridge Memopad app; try as I might, I've yet to find a substitute that's as simple and functional as that on the PB, not to mention only having to keep one set of notes on my phone that I could access from both devices.
    Spencerdl and David in Durham like this.
    04-26-13 08:51 AM
    Yes indeed. This functionality never went away (apologies to the various customers of certain carriers who blocked the feature for whom my post is not true).
    04-26-13 08:53 AM
    Hopefully there will be an update with the 10.1 software that will allow is to view our Z10 texts and messages on the PlayBook

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 09:04 AM
    Ok so live right now, Internet access, files, remote control and bridge browser. Email, contacts other info needs to be added to PlayBook account settings. I do have access to email and just sent myself one. !! Ur wireless provider might not allow you however. Agreed I do miss the memo pad as well. Seems basic functions, still wondering.....

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 09:05 AM
    No text access

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 09:06 AM
    In its current incarnation, you can use the bridge to browse on your WiFi-only PlayBook through your Z10 wireless connection, assuming your carrier and plan allow it. You can also access files on your phone from a bridged PlayBook. Not sure if you can access PlayBook files from your phone -- I don't have mine handy to check and never tried before.

Personally, while I do miss the other bridge functionality from BB7, I can live without it because the Z10 is just that damn good. What I probably miss most is the old Bridge Memopad app; try as I might, I've yet to find a substitute that's as simple and functional as that on the PB, not to mention only having to keep one set of notes on my phone that I could access from both devices.
    Have you tried looking into something like Evernote? It is available cross-platform and syncs across all devices as well. Just set up one account and you have all of your notes, photos etc, accessible via any device. Since it comes baked into the BB10 OS and the Remember app, you're half way there lol

If you don't like the native Evernote app on the PlayBook (I've never had issues with it, might be the way I use it compared to "heavy" users) you can sideload the Android version and it works like a charm as well.
    04-26-13 09:26 AM
    Do we know if BlackBerry has upcoming plans to allow their brilliant devices to work with the PlayBook otherwise useless update dont you think?

Posted via CB10
    The functionality between smartphone and tablet with BlackBerry Bridge that we had before BlackBerry Z10 remains missing.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    Spencerdl likes this.
    04-26-13 09:29 AM
    The functionality between smartphone and tablet with BlackBerry Bridge that we had before BlackBerry Z10 remains missing.

Nicely said......just that simple
    04-26-13 09:36 AM

Simple and to the point!

I'm sad this is the case. However, I'm VERY excited to see what they have in store for the BB10 Bridge! From what I have heard about QNX and distributed processing I think the next generation Bridge is going to be awesome. It's going to be a big differentiator because as far as I know iOS, Android, and WP don't have anything like it.

I predict we will hear about it at BlackBerry Live, so we shall see.
    04-26-13 09:49 AM
    Does anyone have the very latest on PlayBook software upgrade that might help with the bridge?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 10:03 AM
    Does anyone have the very latest on PlayBook software upgrade that might help with the bridge?

Posted via CB10
    Depends on what you are looking for? You looking for BBM/Txt? It's not coming anytime soon.... BB10 OS update for the PlayBook is NOW needed to get that functionality back
    04-26-13 10:16 AM
    There are BB10 playbook OS beta testers out there right now with full functionality with the bridge, but again, still in very early beta stages.
    tfp likes this.
    04-26-13 10:22 AM