Loving my Z10 first of all.

I have a question though.
    On my PlayBook I added my allstate email address and it went in as a Work account. What that means is that it has its own password and mail icon and locks all files dos using BlackBerry Balance.

Today after multiple tries i was able to add my allstate email address to my z10 but it didn't end up being a work type account, instead it is treated like a standard exchange account. I still get full sync capabilities and instant response/push but I'm afraid my files may not be secure.

More importantly, I don't want to lose my phone and have whoever finds it start wreaking havoc in my contacts list.

Any advice? I already have my phone secured with a password and as I was adding the account I received a message that the administrators require this account to be encrypted so there's that. I'd still like to add that extra layer of protection that I have on the PlayBook

(and if we're telling the truth I also want to be able to show people how blackberry balance works)

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 06:59 PM
    First question: Is your company running the BES10 server? If not, they can't push out the command that would trigger "Balance".
    03-26-13 10:54 AM
    Yes they are. To specifically onboard a blackberry device is a different process though, and not what i did on the PlayBook.

On the playbook i followed the exact same instructions as on the z10, on the playbook it ended up being a Work/Balance account, with its own password (even after the device password) and its own space. PDF files for example that i download using my allstate email address on my playbook, can not be attached using my personal email address.

With my Z10, adding the account in the same exact manner, i can download and attach documents using any combination of email addresses.
    03-26-13 11:01 AM
    I assume you know how to swipe between work and personal. Hub will bridge the 2 sides in regards to messaging, but that is usually where it ends. If you swipe down from the top while on the screen with your apps / icons (but starting in the middle) you will be able to select which side to use. The Playbook did not have this distinction from my experience.
    03-26-13 11:12 AM
    It is not being added as a Work/Balance account. That's the issue

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 01:18 PM