Where can i find blackberry balance to split between work and personal on my z10 stl-1 os leak .1925?

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 12:54 AM
    You should be on BES for activating and using Balance. Please see the vid at
    12-30-13 01:04 AM
    Anyway it can be done on BIS?

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 02:29 PM
    Nope.

Only works on a BlackBerry connected to a BES server.

No other way to get it. Not with BIS, or with ActiveSync.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 03:53 PM
    All the Balance mode would do for an average consumer is eat space on the device dedicated to an isolated work space. It isn't going to buy you anything that you can't already do with the device.

As for storing data within the workspace, you would have the ability to store some files separate from your personal ones, but they couldn't be accessed from the personal side because of anti-leakage protections. You also can't install apps in this space that don't come from a BES which means your admins approved them.

As for security, you can encrypt your entire device and SD card which is the same encryption you would get if you used Balance.

As for a separate work account, you can see it in the Hub along with your personal account(s) (unless your your admins turned this off) just like you could two email accounts on the personal side.

All in all BlackBerry does a great job in making Balance sound awesome, but really it's not the panacea everyone makes it sound like. I almost never use it except for my work ActiveSync account (which from the Hub perspective might as well be just another personal ActiveSync account) and the Work Drives app which allows me to access my work file shares (but again that app had to be approved and assigned to my device from the BES).

What Balance does give me is peace of mind that when I separate from my job in 2 weeks my job will only have to nuke my work space.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 07:15 PM
    To further the point I was making, another thread 3 threads down from this one highlights one of the logical separation issues people don't fully understand comes with the workspace:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=791854

Don't get me wrong, Balance is awesome in that it allows ones work to control part of your phone without owning your phone, and at the same time it allows the most seamless integration of separate work and personal spaces through the Hub. Good and other MDM solutions wish they had the unified view that the BlackBerry 10 Balance gives with the Hub.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 07:23 PM