Analizei both OS and arrived at a conclusion.
    The only sector that BB10 trumps its competitors is in multitasking.

Sera that I'm wrong?
    Could someone tell me other fields that BB10 is better than android?

Share Your Opinion
    03-10-13 01:02 PM
    every OS has pos and neg....only thing that i can say is the most android phones are fighting eachother with specs and still are laggy ( even the HTC ONE !! ) and BB, although it is "just" a dualcore, overall it is running really smooth as far that i can see on youtube ( i dont own one yet ) And for me multitasking is what its all about, it must be fast and real without lags ! So i hope BB will be the phone that i hope it will be when i have it
    03-10-13 01:08 PM
    The z10 has better Security - the os optimization to run on the hardware making it smoother and more fluid - bb10/z10 is a real communication device. As well as multitasking

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 01:16 PM
    Reviews say the BB10 is fast but also has her gagging, bugs and sometimes you have to restart.

Anyway, is it just security that overcomes BB10 android?
    03-10-13 01:25 PM
    I have a "flagship" Android. This phone has NEVER lagged. Yet.
    But that being said, I am really liking the Z10. If I had the money, I would pick Z10.

Sent from my Π Σ Χ U S 4.
    03-10-13 01:38 PM
    Of course it has bugs, it's a first generation device. The great thing is, however, is that BB seem to be on it. After just one month they've rolled out a good update. It will only get better and it's already pretty damn good. The only place that I can think of that it lags behind Android is in the Apps dept and, well, that's no secret and something that will have to take time.

Purely Anecdotal....... A friend of mine has a BBOS5 phone from work and his girlfriend has GS3. He's planning on leaving the company so will need to get himself a new phone and he was pretty much sold on the GS3. Of course over the last few months I've been telling him about BB10 but telling isn't selling. As soon as I got my Z10 he wanted to see it. Everything about it was more to his liking as the majority of use is email and messaging. He also said it seemed quicker and, of course, the active frames feature is just sick. His gf didn't like that it didn't have an equalizer for audio. Well she uses her phone in different ways than I and he does.

Both OS's will offer their customers different things of interest, but there are many people in the world with different interests. What suits one won't necessarily suit others so the answer to which is better, is in the eye of the user, not in any factual context.
    03-10-13 01:49 PM
    4 Responses so far.
    Just was appointed Safety. Is that all?
    03-10-13 01:53 PM
    Z 10 is freakishly fast, had it for a month now and after last os update battery issues were addressed which was my only criticism.
    03-10-13 01:54 PM
    4 Responses so far.
    Just was appointed Safety. Is that all?
    What do you expect? In your eyes what would it take to make it better?
    03-10-13 02:13 PM
    Ummm restart? Ive had mine for 2weeks now and after countless app installs and uninstalls,heavy usage no restart

Posted via CB10
    sad_old_man, SDTRMG, brout and 1 others like this.
    03-10-13 02:19 PM
    MUCH faster browsing....(Just do a speed test.)
    More user friendly
    Better keyboard than any droid
    The Hub
    Fewer privacy concerns
    A LOT less chance of getting a virus.
    Much more stable a platform.
    03-10-13 02:35 PM
    Z10 is not better at security anymore. If you use a BES then yes, but data, texts and BBM now are defaulted away from security for speed reasons. You can go into settings and turn encryption on but it increases data by a small amount instead of lowering it like Os7 used to do. For the most part the best thing about z10 is its straightforward easy to use out of the box. There is barely anything that z10 does better then is or Android and that includes multitasking. Once you get a z10 you realize the hub is schizophrenic at times and does require more steps in the long wrong. Overall I love my z10 but only on the hopes that a bunch of updates are coming. It's far far behind android and ios and after the gs4 and the Motorola X launches this summer there won't be anything to compare. I even find whatsapp better then BBM now and my go to chat app most of the time.

I took a long time choosing which phone to get and I bought on these grounds. It'll be easier to sell a z10 the end of summer then a gs3. The phone works well but not as well as the others. The screen resolution is better and battery about the same otherwise it's all about what z10 doesn't do from there.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing and j556 like this.
    03-10-13 02:47 PM
    BB10 runs on QNX, that is the main advantage. Try Google for the technics behind it.

If I would like to explain it in techie terms. Imagine you are in deep space in a spaceship. One components stops working. Take that out and replace it with new one and it will start. And no need to restart the entire system on your spaceship. Your forcefield keeps working as well as life support system, the microkernel of QNX will take care of that.

Still little story also applies to modern cars in some extend.

LOL
    03-10-13 02:58 PM
    Ummm restart? Ive had mine for 2weeks now and after countless app installs and uninstalls,heavy usage no restart

Posted via CB10
    I strongly disagree with the security issue, (see my other post re password keeper) but I must admit that in 6 years this is the first BB phone I've had that didn't require a battery pull every five days.
    03-10-13 03:01 PM
    May the triforce be with you

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 03:03 PM
    Z10 is not better at security anymore.
    Posted via CB10
    Not better than Android for security ???

You've got to be kidding.

Check the stats on mobile phone viruses. (Android over 70%, iOS approx 1%, BB < 1%) Check how many viruses have been on Google Play, posing as legit Apps.

Why does my wife's GS3 need an anti-virus and my daughter's iPhone 5 and my Z10 don't ?
    BergerKing, SDTRMG, brout and 2 others like this.
    03-10-13 03:05 PM
    I have used both the Android and Apple OS for several years and they all have they're good and bad points. Apple has a reputation for stability, but it's getting stale in my opinion. Android is open source which is great for app development. Every Android phone I ever owned, I have always rooted and run a custom ROM.

What I like about the Blackberry OS10 and cause me to come back to the BB World was simplicity, I have re-evaluated what I use my Phone/PDA for, I don't watch videos, play games or listen to music on them. I use it for my Email, Calendar and Messaging and the so far the Z10 has fit the bill quite nicely. Just my opinion.
    KKaleolani and eBud like this.
    03-10-13 03:12 PM
    Z10 is not better at security anymore. If you use a BES then yes, but data, texts and BBM now are defaulted away from security for speed reasons. You can go into settings and turn encryption on but it increases data by a small amount instead of lowering it like Os7 used to do. For the most part the best thing about z10 is its straightforward easy to use out of the box. There is barely anything that z10 does better then is or Android and that includes multitasking. Once you get a z10 you realize the hub is schizophrenic at times and does require more steps in the long wrong. Overall I love my z10 but only on the hopes that a bunch of updates are coming. It's far far behind android and ios and after the gs4 and the Motorola X launches this summer there won't be anything to compare. I even find whatsapp better then BBM now and my go to chat app most of the time.

I took a long time choosing which phone to get and I bought on these grounds. It'll be easier to sell a z10 the end of summer then a gs3. The phone works well but not as well as the others. The screen resolution is better and battery about the same otherwise it's all about what z10 doesn't do from there.

Posted via CB10
    I think that you are mistaken as to how BIS worked. It did NOT offer end to end encryption. Also, BBM still runs through the NOC at BlackBerry. A part of security is the OS itself. To date, has anyone learned how to root it or "jailbreak" it? No sir. That is in itself a step up in security.
    03-10-13 03:14 PM
    Why do people keep claiming that the Z10 is a first generation device ? Isn't an eighth or so generation device ? Does a company get a do over ? Tablets of today, the iPad 1 was a first gen device, all others built since then aren't. Smart phones have been out for how many years ? Yes I understand BB drastically changed their OS, but now my previously purchased apps won't work, so if I have to reinvest in an infrastructure, I am now not at a loss to choose a new one. One that people don't call first gen.

The z10 has better Security - the os optimization to run on the hardware making it smoother and more fluid - bb10/z10 is a real communication device. As well as multitasking

Posted via CB10
    So what happens when you side load a malware infested Android app ? What if a malware infested Android app is ported to BB10 ? Is your data still secure ? Do apps get access to the keyboard API like they do on Android so that key loggers may send user name and password to others ?
    sad_old_man, Etios and Bakamushi like this.
    03-10-13 03:20 PM
    Why do people keep claiming that the Z10 is a first generation device ? Isn't an eighth or so generation device ? Does a company get a do over ? Tablets of today, the iPad 1 was a first gen device, all others built since then aren't. Smart phones have been out for how many years ? Yes I understand BB drastically changed their OS, but now my previously purchased apps won't work, so if I have to reinvest in an infrastructure, I am now not at a loss to choose a new one. One that people don't call first gen.

So what happens when you side load a malware infested Android app ? What if a malware infested Android app is ported to BB10 ? Is your data still secure ? Do apps get access to the keyboard API like they do on Android so that key loggers may send user name and password to others ?
    First, BB10 is first gen as their is ZERO code the same in it versus the legacy devices. It is a start over as the old OS is way out of date. The company may not be new, of course, but the new product they have introduced is. I really don't see how you can be confused about this. Take electric or hybrid cars for example. Toyota makes a great car known for long lasting reliability. When they first came out with the Prius, there were issues. Now this is a new product with new technology from an established company.

Second, iPad is based on iOS so no, it wasn't a first gen OS when it was released.

Third, security can protect against outside threats. Ultimately the user is responsible for what they put on their device. If they choose to take an untested and non compliant software and side load it to their phone, resulting in issues, then that is not the fault of the company that sells it, but the user who chose to ignore basic security protocols. In Androids case, you can download a malware ridden app right from their own app store while assuming that you are buying from a trusted source.
    kbz1960, MattUK, ubizmo and 9 others like this.
    03-10-13 03:32 PM
    If u were to port an infected virus stricken android app on bb10, the app itself would only be infected. The virus could not take over the OS. The micro kernel would limit the process of that app to its own environment. Where you could get into trouble is through app permissions as a maleware app steals info.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG, G-bone, R Field and 3 others like this.
    03-10-13 03:36 PM
    The only sector that BB10 trumps its competitors is in multitasking.
    Where would the average user notice a difference between Android and BB10 multitasking in their actual experience with the phone?
    03-10-13 03:38 PM
    I think that you are mistaken as to how BIS worked. It did NOT offer end to end encryption. Also, BBM still runs through the NOC at BlackBerry. A part of security is the OS itself. To date, has anyone learned how to root it or "jailbreak" it? No sir. That is in itself a step up in security.

Yeah i agree... Some OS are "jailbroken" before they are even officially released! Are you kidding me?!?
    cjcampbell, SDTRMG and G-bone like this.
    03-10-13 03:47 PM
    Yeah i agree... Some OS are "jailbroken" before they are even officially released! Are you kidding me?!?
    You obviously don't understand what the term jail broken is. Just cause they have found a way to get the os before release doesn't mean it's jail broke. At all! Try loading any app for free for example thru ANY released BlackBerry OS. Not going to happen. That's just one example of what an actually jail breaking is all about.

Posted from my Z10
    03-10-13 04:07 PM
    Oops. Unless I read ur wrong. Which is entirely possible. And if that's the case. I apologize

Posted from my Z10
    notnomde likes this.
    03-10-13 04:08 PM
172 123 ...