I find BB 10 Maps to be perfect! It gets me where I'm going when I need it and it's free to us.

JMDZ10
    07-17-13 08:04 AM
    I've used BB maps on several occasions and it has served me well.
    The only issue I have is data roaming. In the EU it's normal to visit different countries. Especially when you can drive through 4 countries in just under 4 hrs as in my case the bill can go up.
    That's why I prefer a gps app that can store maps on the SD card. Seriously thinking of purchasing Mireo.
    If BlackBerry brings this option to the map app it would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    I am with you on this!
    And I would have bought Mireo right away, had I not need to purchase two maps: I frequently travel from Poland to Germany, and each of the countries is covered by different map
    07-17-13 08:20 AM
    I use Google Maps 80% of the time if BB Maps is being a little school girl. I saved Google Maps webpage to my home screen IN CASE.
    07-17-13 08:32 AM
    I use mine as a GPS for driving. I use it a lot, and I think it works great!

-simply typing in an address and pressing start
    -starting from contacts
    -starting from BlackBerry travel
    -general searches. I was surprised how well this worked considering all the belly aching on here

In all these instances, it has always brought me to where I need to be.

I think the OP majors in drama, and just started this post to stir the pot.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    Does it navigate on 3D?

Posted via Z10
    07-17-13 09:31 AM
    I hate BlackBerry maps! While driving my Z10 gets very hot on the back. Using therefore Google maps.

via my amazing Z10
    07-17-13 01:28 PM
    Not a fan of BB Maps at all. Rarely gives me the results I want and I think has less features then BB Maps from BBOS (always like that it would give your speed while moving).

It is pretty much the main reason I keep a nexus 4 as my backup phone. And Google maps website on the z10 also is pretty much useless for how I use it.

Hope we get enough of a customer base to get a true Google map app or that 10.2 with jelly bean support allows us to run a better side loaded version.

Posted from my Z via CB10
    07-17-13 01:44 PM
    Just as I thought, everyone saying that it works great is talking about navigation. I'm in the "anti" camp and have never used it for navigation. By all accounts, I imagine it would perform well.

But no, what it's bad at is *maps*, ie what it says on the tin. No I don't mean they're basic, I don't mean they look bad. I don't care about that. Searching for an address is my sole use of it and it's actually broken, see my post above re search in the UK. It's not possible to perform that task with it.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 01:46 PM
82 ... 234