BlackBerry maps work like a charm for me. It's never failed me so far, even when I thought the places I was going too was kinda out of the way.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 08:37 AM
    BlackBerry maps works very well in my town. I tried to go to a newly built neighborhood by running BlackBerry maps and Google maps. BlackBerry guided me to the right front door of the house but Google Map took me to the wrong alley of the other block. So I prefer BlackBerry map now.

Posted via CB10 on my adorable Z10
    07-12-13 08:51 AM
    Very useful and reliable imho.

I don't need a GPS app to look pretty, I need it to work.

Posted via CB10
    rcgZ10guy likes this.
    07-12-13 09:00 AM
    I utilize both and I will say while I prefer Google, BlackBerry Maps have stepped up and are not bad at all, IMO. Plus, I'm sure we will continue to see additional updates over time.

My more loyal than a dog Z10/ os 10.2.0.483/ PIN PM me(~_*)
    07-13-13 03:04 PM
    Horrible. Doesn't work in Per.

Posted in my amazing Z10 from Claro Per
    07-13-13 06:24 PM
    I ran BB Maps at the same time as my Garmin in my Kenwood and both very excellent software. I don't know what the fuss is about, my experience has been fine.
    07-13-13 06:28 PM
    Maps? Haha haha where?

Blackberry 10 Maps. Horrible or disgusting? Discuss.-img_00000111.png

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone with 10.2.0.483 from Sweden. [2ABA2B4C]
    07-13-13 06:30 PM
    Adequate where I use it. Not great. And not terrible.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    07-13-13 06:54 PM
    Works great in Northeast US.

I need a map and some guidance, not pretty pictures and a champagne toast on arrival. BlackBerry maps is perfect.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 07:07 PM
    Maps? Haha haha where?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000111.png 
Views:	321 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	182324

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone with 10.2.0.483 from Sweden. [2ABA2B4C]
    Lmao! Too funny!!

I actually really like BlackBerry maps. It's like everything I was missing from BlackBerry traffic. But if course, there are maps where I live.

I find myself using Waze just about every day now, for the social aspect. But if I'm going someplace I don't know, and actually need the directions. I use BlackBerry maps.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 07:28 PM
    I have been critical of the BlackBerry Maps app as I had several issues with the lack of features. I use this app on at least a weekly basis and am fairly familiar with its strengths and limitatons.

Last night I used it for the first time since I updated to 10.1, and I must say that I was very pleasantly surprised at the amount of functionality increase in this release. Certainly there are still areas that need improvement, but it is now a pretty good app.

So kudos to BlackBerry for listening and moving forward with the development of this app. It is greatly appreciated by this user.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by niss63; 07-16-13 at 06:00 PM.
    07-16-13 09:31 AM
    Personally I would have to agree with the OP, although with slightly less hate. I find it to be the least polished BB10 feature. Its too slow and jerky. BBOS had a better maps app to be honest.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 05:39 PM
    I use Waze, I find it more enjoyable and super accurate where I've needed to go which is a different address everyday

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 06:12 PM
    Adequate where I use it. Not great. And not terrible.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    I agree. I alternate between BlackBerry and sideloaded Google maps. Not the best, but, terrible?

My more loyal than a dog Z10/ os 10.2.0.483/ PIN PM me(~_*)
    07-16-13 06:16 PM
    I used my BlackBerry maps on my Z10 to get to a doctors office 2 hours away and it took me right to the front door I think it works as good as my gps.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 08:55 PM
    I have always seen posts about how bad BlackBerry maps is and I just didn't get where people were coming from.....until this past weekend. I have used BlackBerry maps a few times in my city (brampton) and it worked perfectly. Although this past weekend I went to the cottage in Muskoka and the BlackBerry maps app was a piece of garbage. I had no issues with signal but when I hit the blue circle to locate my location, it could not find me a lot of the time and other times it had me in a totally different location. Now I know it sometimes shows a circle on the map itself and says I'm within this circle somewhere but it wasn't doing that. It showed me like 2km away but as I was driving it just stay put on the map. I was really disappointed with BlackBerry maps. I am a huge BlackBerry fan and I always tell everyone to go with BlackBerry but this weekend really sacked for me that it didn't work. Don't get why it didn't work well up at the cottage or even in Barrie which is a decent size city but it works perfectly at home?

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    07-16-13 09:34 PM
    It isn't terrible but it isn't great. I love having turn-by-turn BUT BlackBerry has turn-by-straight-by-turn. Why does it always say 'in 3mi go straight' wtf?!! Annoying. Tell me when something is about to change, not stay the same.

Favorite BB10 apps: CB10, GasBuddy, Word of the Day PLUS, BlackBerry Travel, USA Today
    07-16-13 11:12 PM
    I've used it side by side with my Garmin mainly because it has live traffic. The problem was that the Garmin has the best route all the time and BB maps had indicated alternate routes I don't trust. That's not in every case but when I know the best, fastest and easiest route from going back and forth for years, it's a bit strange to see a nav system trying to route me through neighborhoods. Maybe it's a simple setting that I need to check. Otherwise, it does a great job.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    07-17-13 04:06 AM
    Works great and easy to copy stuff from one map to another map

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 04:22 AM
    Not horrible, nor disgusting, its simply useless, just go to your browser and open google map.. who need BlackBerry map?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 04:48 AM
    Blackberry maps are super basic. It's almost like when google maps first started. It will get you where you want to go. It's not pretty but for the most part works. Smaller places i do find it becomes dumb.
    07-17-13 04:51 AM
    No 3D navigation! It is the same as bbos maps really sucks :s

Posted via Z10
    07-17-13 06:29 AM
    I use mine as a GPS for driving. I use it a lot, and I think it works great!

-simply typing in an address and pressing start
    -starting from contacts
    -starting from BlackBerry travel
    -general searches. I was surprised how well this worked considering all the belly aching on here

In all these instances, it has always brought me to where I need to be.

I think the OP majors in drama, and just started this post to stir the pot.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    bradu1 likes this.
    07-17-13 06:48 AM
    I've used BB maps on several occasions and it has served me well.
    The only issue I have is data roaming. In the EU it's normal to visit different countries. Especially when you can drive through 4 countries in just under 4 hrs as in my case the bill can go up.
    That's why I prefer a gps app that can store maps on the SD card. Seriously thinking of purchasing Mireo.
    If BlackBerry brings this option to the map app it would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 07:27 AM
    I use mine nearly every day in UK and works flawless yes the ui could be better but it gets me were I need to go and that's it's purpose.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 07:45 AM
82 1234