07-17-13 01:46 PM
82 123 ...
tools
    Type in your search terms and it gives you results for the continent. Thanks! I'll just spend the next 10 mins re-zooming in. Want to walk somewhere? FCUK YOU, DRIVE LIKE A REAL PERSON. THE SLOGAN IS KEEP MOVING SUCKA.
    Same goes for the bus. Who uses those?
    Satellite imagery? Pfft....as if you could buy that somewhere...

The feature drop from going from iOS or Android or hell, even a Windows phone in the maps realm is pretty steep has me more than a little resent-y.

So, who else has some vitriol for the maps app?

**EDIT**
    So in reading all the comments on this I've gleaned this:
    a) I am a vitriolic drama queen that likes to stir the pot. Fair enough. I will revert to placid passive aggressiveness on posts and get two replies, rather than a discussion.
    b) People share my rage, opinion or view towards the application.
    c) People just view the 'Maps' application as a SatNav baked into the phone and from that viewpoint, just can't see what all the fuss is about.
    d) Those people are missing the point. The fella from London (E3 reprazent!) looking for Edgeware road described the expectation rift between delivered results and actual need.
    e) I seemingly am not alone in my feelings that the GPS hardware in the device is weaksauce.
    Last edited by BigMuscleyArms; 07-19-13 at 06:11 PM.
    Eskibo likes this.
    06-14-13 01:52 AM
    I love this fantastic app. I can find places without even typing using one hand with voice control, tap a couple buttons and voice navigation swings into force. I did that this evening while driving to the nearest Costco. I don't give a rat's @ss that it doesn't give me a satellite view. I've used it walking and it works just fine. Yes, it needs public transportation info, but I don't use it so it's not a fail for me. Probably around the corner with an update anyway. Tone down the drama man.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 02:12 AM
    No vitriol here. That's a strong word man. BlackBerry 10 maps is alright, not fantastically feature rich but not horrible either.

Posted via CB10
    millwright40 likes this.
    06-14-13 02:50 AM
    mate to be honest it's improved a LOT!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 02:57 AM
    As far as I'm concerned only you.

Posted via CB10
    millwright40 likes this.
    06-14-13 03:00 AM
    My country is not there, just one big white space, although it worked fine on legacy BB Maps.
    So yes, BB 10 map sucks!
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    06-14-13 03:13 AM
    BlackBerry maps works flawlessly for me. It always has!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 04:29 AM
    I've enjoyed it quite a bit actually. Haven't had a problem finding anything yet.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 04:33 AM
    They need to add more countries...! And offline maps as well!
    06-14-13 04:34 AM
    So far i needed it's fine. I used it twice and it brings me to the right place.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 04:38 AM
    Always perfect and that's what counts when I'm trying to find a place.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 04:50 AM
    Not available for my country so no comments

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 04:53 AM
    Not so good, cant find 40 percent of postal address in my country. I still love google app and now google has purchased waze which is so much awesome. Sideload is slow, i really miss google map on my 9780.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 05:10 AM
    BlackBerry maps is ****. How they manage to fail so hard, in spite of having everything served by TomTom, is beyond me. I'm just happy Waze is free and brilliant. Discontinue BlackBerry maps for all I care.

Posted via CB10
    jason18 likes this.
    06-14-13 05:13 AM
    Who cares anyway? We'll have to deal with it until Google decides to support the platform. It's far from easy to deliver a solid maps app, Apple did show that. They worked over 5 years on Apple maps, have gazillions of dollars and were always strong in software, but yet Apple maps was still garbage opposed to Google Maps. Nokia Maps (and therefore Navteq) is also in business for over a decade. But not a single one of them wanted to collaborate with BBRY. So they licensed TomTom and did their own thing and the result is pretty good so far. So what the f did you expect? That something like Google Maps, a 15 year old masterpiece with billions of crowd-sourcing users, can get copied easily with 2 or 3 years effort? Geesh.

Posted via CB10
    LtHavoc21, sok2507, gastr and 2 others like this.
    06-14-13 05:39 AM
    Who cares anyway? We'll have to deal with it until Google decides to support the platform. It's far from easy to deliver a solid maps app, Apple did show that. They worked over 5 years on Apple maps, have gazillions of dollars and were always strong in software, but yet Apple maps was still garbage opposed to Google Maps. Nokia Maps (and therefore Navteq) is also in business for over a decade. But not a single one of them wanted to collaborate with BBRY. So they licensed TomTom and did their own thing and the result is pretty good so far. So what the f did you expect? That something like Google Maps, a 15 year old masterpiece with billions of crowd-sourcing users, can get copied easily with 2 or 3 years effort? Geesh.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 05:39 AM
    Google maps is best but they have had tons of time to develop on Android. Windows phone maps were horrible until Nokia gave them a better option but I still prefer BlackBerry maps over them. I don't think we need to get into the mess that was ios maps even if it is better now.

Works well now and should continue to improve with updates.
    06-14-13 05:42 AM
    I use BlackBerry maps daily as I'm in sales. Works awesome! Drop it into my pro dock and away I go!

Posted via CB10
    millwright40 likes this.
    06-14-13 06:08 AM
    I don't mind BlackBerry maps so much. My biggest gripe has always been to do with the poi search capability but I do agree with the OP that showing me half of North America when I search is really annoying and unhelpful. Pretty sure that just started happening for me on 10.1 though so hopefully a fix is in the offing shortly. Navigation is great.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 06:13 AM
    I found my way yesterday to a country road in a small town in Ontario where Google maps, Bing Maps and my car GPS couldn't find

Posted via CB10
    dusdal and Sco2130 like this.
    06-14-13 06:19 AM
    I've driven from Cleveland to Pittsburgh and back using only BlackBerry Maps. The TomTom didn't come out of the glove box. Spartan feature set, but it works.

Posted via CB10
    Sco2130 likes this.
    06-14-13 06:22 AM
    I don't mind it at all. Not feature rich, but it gives directions even via voice. I remember we had to pay for that **** a few years ago.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 06:33 AM
    Inspite of India being a rising market, BlackBerry never bothered to add the Indian maps to its database.
    06-14-13 06:39 AM
    I was presently surprised that it worked flawlessly in my country Nigeria. Don't need it in my State because I know everywhere really, but i just thought I'd try it out for fun and I was amazed that it even plotted the route from my home to my office extremely accurately, turn by turn with the distance of each stretch, nice!
    06-14-13 06:39 AM
    I was presently surprised that it worked flawlessly in my country Nigeria. Don't need it in my State because I know everywhere really, but i just thought I'd try it out for fun and I was amazed that it even plotted the route from my home to my office extremely accurately, turn by turn with the distance of each stretch, nice!
    That's no small feat. What part of the country?
    06-14-13 06:48 AM
82 123 ...