I have been looking forward to BB 10.1 for some time and have been jealous of other carriers who made it available early on, but now that I have it I'm not so sure. Two things I have noticed since upgrading to 10.1 are this:

1. UI has become much more choppy and delayed

2. My battery life is just about non-existent now where I used to go a day and a half without having to charge....no I'm lucky if I can go just one day without charging.

I am definitely counting down the days until 10.2...10.3 or whichever version will fix these issues especially because they were THE two things I was so impressed with (aside from the hub) comparing it to my old Galaxy S3 that I sold to buy my Z10.

Blackberry, fix and polish BB 10 and don't ditch it like you did to BB 7.
    06-20-13 02:29 PM
    Are you using Box?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 02:38 PM
    Tell u what i did.. try it and see if it improves.

Turned off gestures while locked.

3G only ( and wifi while I was at work).

Only one email is push (for work), while one is sync every 4 hours and the third every 24 hrs. Cos I don't need to see their incoming emails immediately.

Set my social accounts to only enable notifications.. I don't need them to sync messages or events.

Screen brightness is halfway.

My Skype is not always logged in as hardly use it and neither is my gtalk or yahoo messenger cos nobody i know uses them nowadays.

Only yesterday I made these changes and my battery was off the charger at 8:20 this morning and now it's 20:45.. my battery is 29%.

Taken 2 calls all together about 25 mins. Checked Facebook and Twitter every other hour. Crackberry app.. like right now and a few other times during the day. One whatsapp message, about 15 emails (work and personal). About 5 one2one bbm messages with the Mrs and the same with another friend plus loads of bbm group messaging. Used the side loaded Scope app to read and post a couple of FB and twitter updates and quite a bit of browsing on Flipboard reading news and other dodgy (Tumblr) stuff.

Over 12 hours now and I'm still here on Crackberry typing away. I think the battery is brilliant once u don't have all these things you don't need syncing away configured properly i.e. my yahoo email is set for every 24 hours cos it's never used and my Gmail is only every 4 hours.

Might not work for you but trust me mate.. if set up to be efficient and not just syncing every damn time for the sake of it your battery will last long. Gonna try all the same with gestures while locked turned on tomorrow cos I do like that feature but in all honesty.. I prefer when it's turned off And also power button turned off so when I press the power button it stays locked and I see just notifications screen. If I then need to go into the phone... I just swipe up.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 02:58 PM
    Give it a week! And everything will be normal

Posted via CB10 Z10 STL 100-01
    06-20-13 06:29 PM
    Give it a week! And everything will be normal

Posted via CB10 Z10 STL 100-01
    Truth.....but dunno why

When I upgraded to 10.1, the phone went for a pooper for about 12 hours. Battery drain, felt warm, acted choppy. Next day, it was like nothing happened

I think it's like some sort of chicken pox for the phone. You get it when you upgrade, the phone gets a fever, acts all strange then boom... it goes away, never to return

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    06-20-13 07:55 PM
    It's definitely not normal. I would do the steps listed above, not to fix it, but rather figure out what specifically is causing your issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 07:57 PM
    I had the same experience as some of the other posters here. First day or so things were choppy and poor battery life, but then it settled down.
    06-20-13 07:59 PM
    BB10.1 is probably the best update. Great battery life and very fluid.
    06-20-13 08:20 PM
    Ibpluto, my phone has been doing exactly what you explained...the only difference is it hasn't stopped like yours did and I have tried all of the above steps.

http://www.usofttech.com/t52449.html

The user at the above link is experiencing the same thing as well.

Help somebody!

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 04:57 PM
    So far 10.1 has been kind on the battery until recently, I realise that it stops at 92%. Has anyone else encounter similar issue?

Perhaps how to fix or should I just claim warranty?

Blackberry 10.1 OS = Battery Killer...-img_00000289.png

Edit: I also did the battery calibration test hoping to get it back to the usual but that hasn't work either....

Edit 2: or should I try a factory reset and then charge it to see if the batt life returns

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    Last edited by xtremez; 06-23-13 at 05:40 PM.
    06-23-13 05:14 PM
    Hmm that's weird. When I got 10.1 my battery life greatly improved!

My z10 is a Leafs fan
    06-23-13 05:15 PM
    Wait a few hours to let the o's stabilize, it's doing a lot of things in the background indexing all your files and such.
    06-23-13 05:49 PM
    I get at least 8 to 10 hours, sometimes up to 14 even

A typical.day for me would be 2 to 3 calls of 5-15 minutes, around 50-60 mails received, 20-30 mails sent, some light browsing, skype is always logged in, low WhatsApp use, 10 bbm's, sometimes a couple of photos, about a half to full hour of music through blue tooth, most of the day on wifi. Some crackberry, some.stocks for BlackBerry checking, and in the evening I might play a game or two.pf international snooker to deplete the battery :-)

I have swipe to unlock active, screen brightness set to almost minimum, but also have the flip case which covers the screen and puts it to sleep.

I have the spare battery charger, but only had to use it twice since end of march.

The first day it two I barely l got to 6 hours, but it gets better. At least for me it did.

Swoosh... swiped from my Z10
    06-23-13 06:12 PM
    My battery on 10.1 damn near does a suicide dive the moment I unplug it from the charger. Maybe I will change the frequency of email notifications but otherwise I've done everything else..screen brightness to a minimum, etc. This is unacceptable. I mean after two hours on standby battery goes down to 50%..and my phone becomes a hot plate!

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 06:43 PM
    I have been looking forward to BB 10.1 for some time and have been jealous of other carriers who made it available early on, but now that I have it I'm not so sure. Two things I have noticed since upgrading to 10.1 are this:

1. UI has become much more choppy and delayed

2. My battery life is just about non-existent now where I used to go a day and a half without having to charge....no I'm lucky if I can go just one day without charging.

I am definitely counting down the days until 10.2...10.3 or whichever version will fix these issues especially because they were THE two things I was so impressed with (aside from the hub) comparing it to my old Galaxy S3 that I sold to buy my Z10.

Blackberry, fix and polish BB 10 and don't ditch it like you did to BB 7.
    I'll tell you this much. The QNX folks at BlackBerry already knows why the battery dries out so quickly, but for them to fix it, it wouldn't make economic sense.

I've even pointed it out to them as to what changes ought to be made for 10.2. I doubt it will ever happen until they clear up the act and get down to it.

Sent from my iPhone4S after my Z10 took a trip in the bowl
    06-23-13 06:48 PM
    Z10 STL100-2 10.1.0.273 here....

the only time my z10 became really warm was within the first few hours it first set up out of the box. never really warm unless i am playing games or using story maker app.

i was just on my 3rd day yesterday, and with moderate use my phone lasted more than 24hrs.

- phone set to 2G/3G mode only. wifi used most of the time.
    - facebook refresh manual
    - twitter
    - 2 emails (yahoo and gmail)
    - brightness setting set to 50%
    - sideloaded apps - instagram only
    - apps closed when not in use
    - location service turned on only when needed
    - gesture to unlock enabled

i'm happy with the battery life unlike what i expected based on reading of all the rants here on CB
    Last edited by Sergeant_Im; 06-24-13 at 08:17 AM.
    06-24-13 07:24 AM
    With 10.1 OS, I experienced random reboots, which as of yesterday have stopped (.273 software release). I find my battery doesn't drain any faster, however it seems to heat up much more. When I had 10.0, which was when my phone was brand new, and I was on it constently, I never noticed anything unusual about it. But once 10.1 was downloaded, it only takes a matter of minutes of use to feel the warmth.
    06-24-13 07:33 AM
    I'm getting 16 hrs on 10.1. Battery life has greatly improved. Wifi and blue tooth are always on, screen is half way brightness, and using 4G. Haven't disables gesture to unlock as some have, wouldn't want to take away the best feature of the phone. I noticed no battery life gains keeping it off so it always stays on. I have 3 email account, and I get about 50 emails a day. Always on BBM most of the day. Lots of Crackberry CB10 and lots of browsing. I'm pretty happy with the battery now. Sometime at midnight when I go to sleep I still have 50% battery life which carries me over to the next day until 1pm then I have to charge.

When I first downloaded 10.1 my battery wasn't so good, then after 1 day it went from horrible to just awesome. I can't explain it as many have had the same experience. For me no issues on battery life on 10.1.

Good luck everyone.

Posted via CB10 from my Awesome Z10
    06-24-13 07:49 AM
    I have my screen brightness turned down and I am only using 4G (HSPA+)/3G & 2G. My battery lasts about 2 days. Am I complaining? No!

I have even noticed in the 10.1.0.1880 firmware that playing videos or listening to music doesn't drain the battery much at all. Previous versions did.
    06-24-13 07:55 AM
    Thanks for all the advice! I'm not sure if I have just gotten used to it or it's actually gotten better, but phone isn't heating up like it was and the reboots have stopped. The battery life however still isn't what it used to be before upgrading to 10.1.

I haven't done all of your recommendations, but I have turned off gesture to unlock and dimmed the screen. If you ask me, I shouldn't have to change how I use the phone in order for the phone to work how it's supposed to...defeats the purpose of having a smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    MGDania likes this.
    07-19-13 08:40 AM
    Thanks for all the advice! I'm not sure if I have just gotten used to it or it's actually gotten better, but phone isn't heating up like it was and the reboots have stopped. The battery life however still isn't what it used to be before upgrading to 10.1.

I haven't done all of your recommendations, but I have turned off gesture to unlock and dimmed the screen. If you ask me, I shouldn't have to change how I use the phone in order for the phone to work how it's supposed to...defeats the purpose of having a smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    What carrier and what OS? I updated to T-mo's 2025 (OTA) and have experienced none of these issues. In fact, the phone just got better. Nor did I have to make all the "suggested adjustments". So, 10.1 ≠ Battery Killer... yours does. Either you loaded a leak that's not happy on your phone or, perhaps, you should do a wipe?
    07-19-13 09:52 AM
    My battery is awesome on 10.1. I get a full days usage out of it and I abuse it and use constantly. Music is playing in the background for maybe 5 hrs of the day, a few games here there for about 1 hour, then my social, email communication another 4 hours. By the time I get to sleep around 11pm I still have 30% battery life. Can't complain about the battery, the z10 is awesome on battery life on 10.1. You have to see if any apps are running In the background. I had battery lover installed and my battery was lasting only 4 hrs and I would have to charge again. That bloody app was doing something in the background, deleted it and my battery has never been better. Good luck!

10-19-13 09:17 AM
    Truth.....but dunno why

When I upgraded to 10.1, the phone went for a pooper for about 12 hours. Battery drain, felt warm, acted choppy. Next day, it was like nothing happened

I think it's like some sort of chicken pox for the phone. You get it when you upgrade, the phone gets a fever, acts all strange then boom... it goes away, never to return

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    Best comment I've seen in a long time! LMFAO!

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    10-19-13 09:39 AM
    My battery is awesome on 10.1. I get a full days usage out of it and I abuse it and use constantly. Music is playing in the background for maybe 5 hrs of the day, a few games here there for about 1 hour, then my social, email communication another 4 hours. By the time I get to sleep around 11pm I still have 30% battery life. Can't complain about the battery, the z10 is awesome on battery life on 10.1. You have to see if any apps are running In the background. I had battery lover installed and my battery was lasting only 4 hrs and I would have to charge again. That bloody app was doing something in the background, deleted it and my battery has never been better. Good luck!

Funny. Sounds like 10.2 to me. I always had an awful time on 10.1.2039

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 10:26 AM
    10.1 here. I carry 2 extra Batts and often use them all over the course of a day. Legacy BlackBerry batteries were legendary. The new ones just don't compare. Not really a big deal as long as I have spares.

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    10-19-13 10:38 AM
26 12