When I'm halfway through typing out a message or email my Z10's keyboard stops working when it feels like it! I try to type words but nothing is thrown onto the field I'm trying to type on. I've checked that the field IS actually selected but this isn't the problem. To make it work once again I have to restart the device which is really annoying especially if I'm in the middle of a Tweet which doesn't autosave. Is anyone else having these problems or is it just me? How do I fix it or do I have to wait for an OS update?
    Sorry it seems I can't spell. In case you didn't realise the title of this post is *BlackBerry Z10 Keyboard Troubles.
    Last edited by ruhban; 02-18-13 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Wrong title.
    02-18-13 05:35 PM
    I've never heard of that problem before, strange.
    02-18-13 07:55 PM
    I had this issue and it was extremely frustrating. I was on the phone with tech support for quite a while. In the end, it was determined that it was most likely a problem that I restored from my previous phone. I did a security wipe, didn't restore the file from my previous phone and it's been great since. Luckily my contacts were ok from my sim card.

Hope that helps.
    02-18-13 08:02 PM
    edit:
    I retract my statement. Someone with more than 2 posts is having this problem.
    Last edited by kfh227; 02-18-13 at 09:29 PM.
    02-18-13 09:01 PM
    I have run into this twice in the last day or so. It only seems to happen when I am trying to fix some of my typing errors by touching the screen repeatedly. The 'submit' button will still work but the letters will not. Leaving the app you are typing on will not fix this only a restart. I hope this will get foxed in an update soon. unless it's something that I'm causing? Any thoughts?

CB10 App, Z10
    02-18-13 09:07 PM
    I am no newbie. This happened to me today!

CB10 App, Z10
    02-18-13 09:09 PM
    I've never heard of that problem before, strange.
    That's what I thought too but it seems like a more common problem than it initially sounded.
    02-18-13 10:28 PM
    I have run into this twice in the last day or so. It only seems to happen when I am trying to fix some of my typing errors by touching the screen repeatedly. The 'submit' button will still work but the letters will not. Leaving the app you are typing on will not fix this only a restart. I hope this will get foxed in an update soon. unless it's something that I'm causing? Any thoughts?

CB10 App, Z10
    I can't remember if it happens when I fix typing errors or but you've just described exactly the same problem I'm having although the_den seems to have found a fix - carry out a security wipe however this isn't the most convienient fix. What about the data that was carried from the previous device? Does anyone have any better ideas?
    02-18-13 10:34 PM
    My PlqyBooks have all done this too since os 2.1 (3 of em). Haven't investigated.

Sent from my BlackBerry S10.1 using Tapatalk Touch Beta
    02-18-13 10:34 PM
    There are a couple of other threads on this. I'm able to fix mine by restarting the hub by swiping in from top right corner 5 times while in the hub.

But that doesn't work for other users. It has however, worked for me. Try that next time it happens instead of restarting the phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 09:38 AM
    Good thought I will try that. I just hope there is no next time.

CB10 App, Z10
    02-19-13 09:43 AM
    Know of this problem with my Playbook.
    02-19-13 10:05 AM
    Posted the same issue earlier. I have to reboot the phone to unfreeze the keyboard.
    02-19-13 10:49 AM
    There are a couple of other threads on this. I'm able to fix mine by restarting the hub by swiping in from top right corner 5 times while in the hub.

But that doesn't work for other users. It has however, worked for me. Try that next time it happens instead of restarting the phone.

Posted via CB10
    I've seen the video but it makes absolutely no sense to me how to do it. Could you describe it for me in detail?
    Thanks.
    02-19-13 08:56 PM
    The 5 swipe in the Hub didn't work for me when this happened again. I still had to pull the battery.

*While in the Hub - Swipe from the top right corner of the bezel onto the screen. Repeat this action 5 times and the Hub will reset.

CB10 App, Z10
    02-19-13 09:06 PM
    Thanks a lot! The restart worked! I probably didn't read it properly first time. Now I just hope it stops the keyboard from not working! By the way you don't need to pull the battery anymore. In case you didn't know to restart your Z10 all you need to do is hold the lock button for about 2 seconds then let go. You'll have the option of cancrlling the turning off of your device and a restart at the bottom (as well as a lock button if you've a password). All you need to do is push restart and it should work. If the device becomes completely unresponsive then the lock button can be held for 10 seconds the perform an 'emergency' restart which is basically just a normal restart.
    cdnrower likes this.
    02-19-13 10:36 PM
    Sometimes a good old fashioned battery pull is what we all need!

CB10 App, Z10
    02-19-13 11:09 PM
    I've had this problem since a couple of days after picking up the device. Glad to see actually others are having the same problem with the keyboard not allowing input all of a sudden. Yes I could only fix the issue with a bat pull. A real true pain. Maybe it is related to using the switch device and bringing in the data/settings from the old device. But I did a security wipe, restored from the Z10 backup I did just the settings etc. and still have the problem unfortunately. I even have turned off the everything in my auto complete for Automated Assistance...left set to Modest though and cleared my learned words. Still a keyboard issue that shows up eventually. We need an OS patch for this obviously.
    02-21-13 10:15 AM
    I've had this problem since a couple of days after picking up the device. Glad to see actually others are having the same problem with the keyboard not allowing input all of a sudden. Yes I could only fix the issue with a bat pull. A real true pain. Maybe it is related to using the switch device and bringing in the data/settings from the old device. But I did a security wipe, restored from the Z10 backup I did just the settings etc. and still have the problem unfortunately. I even have turned off the everything in my auto complete for Automated Assistance...left set to Modest though and cleared my learned words. Still a keyboard issue that shows up eventually. We need an OS patch for this obviously.
    Have you tried to restart the hub? beemaabeemababy advised me to do this and so far it looks like it's worked! I haven't had to restart for a good few days now.
    02-22-13 06:49 PM
    yes i am having this problem too!!! have you got any solutions to the problem?
    02-28-13 01:06 AM
    As I mentioned earlier another user advised to restart the Hub - I tried this however it didn't really work for me so I'm back to having the problem just as you're having. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    02-28-13 01:59 AM
    you should restart your Z10. I think it OK
    02-28-13 02:19 AM