02-24-14 10:41 PM
30 12
tools
    In contact settings, there is a place to select an option to get more info on your contacts from cloud services. Unselect this. I believe this is an issue because it picks up bad data and can merge your contacts.

The data is there now so you may have to reload contacts to remove this bad data.

Reply and let me know.

Posted via CB10
    Nice, ill keep this one in mind if I run into an issue.
    02-24-14 01:22 PM
    Thanks for the idea Genesis, but unfortunately that option has never been enabled on the phone!

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 02:05 PM
    In contact settings, there is a place to select an option to get more info on your contacts from cloud services. Unselect this. I believe this is an issue because it picks up bad data and can merge your contacts.

The data is there now so you may have to reload contacts to remove this bad data.

Reply and let me know.

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps one who has this option enabled and is experiencing these issues can try and see what it does for them.

I've never had this option enabled. It's not part of the problem I've been experiencing since the beginning.

Bizzare Contacts Issue-img_20140224_221303.png
    02-24-14 03:16 PM
    Contacts on my Q10 are the bane of my existence and the only thing I hate about my Q10 and BlackBerry 10 OS. From the start of not bringing all of my Bold contacts over, no matter which way I tried to presently random merges, disappearing, lost, merging, not adding, merging (yes, the merging drives me nuts - there is no rhyme or reason to what it merges and usually no option to "unlink") today.

I am scared to add any new contact because when I try to find it, I can't. It's randomly picked another contact to merge itself with. I do have my contacts set to sync with Gmail since it was the only way to get many contacts onto the phone when bringing them over from my Bold didn't work right. I have taken to making a note in Remember for a new contact so that I will have info in case I have to add it again (and again, and again) since the only way I've found to "unlink" some is to delete.

So frustrating! I miss my Curve/Bold/etc. for this matter alone.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    02-24-14 05:59 PM
    I only put contacts into my mac, then, I sync with link to my phone. Maybe this is why I can't recreate your issue.

When I get a new contact, I have them send me a vcard which I can open on my phone and use without placing it into contacts. Then, I will place it to my mac when I get there and sync when require.

I did not buy this phone until they gave the update allowing contact sync. I was not to willing to sync to Google contacts.

Hope this helps because I have had a great experience with my contacts.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 10:41 PM
30 12