BES != BIS, so you'd need to discount all BES provisioned BBOS4-7 accounts which also count toward subscribers.

Also, as to the NOC jobs, the one poster's friend may be safe, but the old Egham NOC guys were gutted not long ago when they were finally moved over to Bath Rd.
    Have they lost the jobs or have they just got moved? I've been in that NOC by the way, very impressive.

Sorry, why should we discount BBOS BES users? Do you think right now companies are not choosing BBOS devices for their BES solution over BB10? Dyson just handed my siter in law a curve 9320 on BES, she's a rep for them. Before they provided them with dumb phones.
    04-10-13 05:04 PM
    I agree!
    04-10-13 05:06 PM
    Actually from what I understand BIS is optional on BB10 in a way... but what if I bought the phone sim free and I am still using my old bis enabled plan... do I get to enjoy its benefits or are they redundant on the z10? thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    I don't think you understand. Please explain "BIS is optional on BB10 in a way."
    04-10-13 05:52 PM
    Pop was every 15 minutes on BIS too. Just about all email is encrypted nowadays too. BIS provides very little benefit to anyone, compression does not work on content that is already compressed eg. music, video and pictures. Your low data usage on BIS was due to small screen size, and a less capable browser.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 10:11 PM
    Pop was every 15 minutes on BIS too. Just about all email is encrypted nowadays too. BIS provides very little benefit to anyone, compression does not work on content that is already compressed eg. music, video and pictures. Your low data usage on BIS was due to small screen size, and a less capable browser.

Posted via CB10
    Actually just about every statement you made is incorrect.
    Pop still came in as push on bis.
    Low data usage has nowt to do with a device having a smaller screen.
    Less capable or efficient browsers should use more data.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 01:42 AM
    Hi there and I'm just wondering why you feel you NEED to have BIS over all the other options available?
    Thats an easy answer
    I use a BB 9780 on Tmobile USA
    when I travel internationally I turn on my international BB data roaming for about $5 per week ($20 per month)
    I forward all my cell calls to Vonage phone, and get my voice-messages, transcribes, plus a sound file from my message. I than call back to the USA from my BB 9780 using the UMA function through WIFI only using my plan minutes. and I get all my email for the same money over BIS

With a Z10 or any other smartphone, you are using data to get your emails, international data roaming is very expensive, I know of some of my friends who came back from an international trip with a $500 cell phone bills

So for me as long as there is no BIS on the Z10, i will not upgrade, and will stay with a BB7.01 phone
    cant beat the price
    plus I have may Playbook with me, and use COMWAVE to make other international calls
    and I use a WIFI hotspot with a foreign data SIM for my laptop

plus a have a EU and UAE SIM card which I use in an old BB 8230 for local calls and for texting

So please RIM. do not kill the BIS or BES
    04-13-13 10:31 PM
81 ... 234