Agree 100%. There's zero value in even asking the question. All the serious BBRY tech guys on these threads have made it perfectly clear.

FBA, re: instant gmail push functionality, I have been stunned to discover that my Gmail, which was pushed instantly to my (mildly hated) iPhone, is delayed on Google's own device, the Nexus 4. I only have the Nexus as an interim while waiting for needed-for-work functionality on Z10 (>30 day email and Skype). Do you use regular (i.e. unpaid) Gmail in Canada?
    Yup, and there is no delay with my Gmail account...not sure why you have delays. What are we talking about in delay time?
    04-09-13 06:35 AM
    In that case I would suggest to setup an own BES and use data compression on BES connection while roaming. This option will be still available, at least for security reasons of the corporate users.

Posted via CB with my Z10
    Read up on BES...you are making wrong assumptions. There's no BES plan required for BES10, so there's no compression either. BES10 uses EAS. BIS/ BES don't work for BB10 and are not needed for BES10/ BB10. Z10's that are working on a BIS plan are NOT using data compression and still can't create the older style BIS e-mail blackberry addresses either.
    04-09-13 06:40 AM
    You mean like nowhere and then downhill???

I don't know what makes anyone think there will ever be a BIS product for BB10...it will never happen. Get over it and move on everyone.

There are NO e-mail delays with the Z10, BIS or not...it is instant for almost all mail accounts, and for sure for all of the big ones, like gmail, hotmail, active sync (exchange) and many others...

Sigh......
    And when will Sony bring back VHS tapes? We all love them and let's start a petition. C'mon everybody!

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 06:41 AM
    And when will Sony bring back VHS tapes? We all love them and let's start a petition. C'mon everybody!

Posted via CB10
    Screw VHS... Betamax was so much better quality! lol
    04-09-13 06:47 AM
    I assume you have realized in the past that the additional security using BIS is not comparable to the additional security you gain with the BES.

So if there are serious concerns talking about security, BES would be the solution to look at.

I would go for BES, but Wher do I get BES for additional 5 Euro a month with Data compression! Sofar I so nothing. And set up my own server cost way more than just the licenze of $99. So for me BIS was good enough.

RJR

Posted via CB with my Z10
    04-09-13 07:02 AM
    Yup, and there is no delay with my Gmail account...not sure why you have delays. What are we talking about in delay time?
    Sorry, this is a bit off topic.

It's weird...I've done a lot of testing, both on WiFi and 3G (iPhone 4). The delays can be from 30 seconds up to 8 minutes + in rare cases. Mail sent from my desktop (and from friends in testing) is received late by the Gmail app and by the vanilla Android mail app which handles my Hotmail. This is my second Nexus 4, both have the same problem. The iPhone gets both Gmail and Hotmail instantly whenever I throw the SIM back in it to test.

Google support said 'Sorry, can't help you'.

Anyhow, great to hear you have no delays. I have real-time email exchanges with clients and I need this functionality. Just waiting for Skype and >30 day email access before jumping in.
    Last edited by mset; 04-09-13 at 07:25 AM.
    04-09-13 07:05 AM
    Ofcourse, I strongly support for BIS email system. I have been using BB since 2007 and had saved emails as old as 2007. After switching to Z10, a month back, I had to leave behind all saved emails and BIS enabled emails were so prompt and convenient that if option given, I will immediately go back. I haven't liked email system on Z10, it gives the feel that I am using android OS.
    04-09-13 07:30 AM
    I experince delay of 10-15 min sync of emails sent from my laptop outlook to Z10. While in BIS email system, it was instantaneous. I eagerly wait to have BIS again on Z10.
    04-09-13 07:34 AM
    I was going to say (since this is one of the things that has me hesitate in getting the Z10....as I say, my wife has one now, I covet her phone, except...) my concern over the loss of BIS is the potential delays in getting urgent messsges.

I use my BlackBerry as an on-call pager (I was one of the first people in my company to have BYOD'ed...long before the term was coined, actually, and I was directly responsible for at least a half-dozen other co-workers getting BlackBerrrys, as well...and then my company started supporting Android and iOS devices, and insists on complete control of my device were I to have it connected to BES, and turned off the BlackBerry Redirector....Arrrrghhh. Taking a deep breath....okay. I'm better again.)

Anyway, I'm aware that GMail and other email providers do push email. I just tested how quickly I get email to my GMail account, and it is instantaneous...so that reservation is dismissed. So, here's another....I don't like that Google sniffs at my email, in order to advertise to me (I know, I know, there's no such thing as a free lunch). But, my reservation now is confidentiality. While I almost always get email from work that contains no confidential information, the potential exists, and I do not want to be responsible for being the source of a privacy breach. BlackBerry, we all know, is famous for its security and privacy standards....and losing that, as well as an email account that I've grown fond of, is something that I'm going to have to overcome.

I do still like my 9900, and therefore I'm not desperate to dump it, either. But the question remains...what is out there that will replace the phone's BIS email, is as fast at delivery and protects the sender's privacy?
    Any IMAP mail server that support IMAP IDLE will give you the same performance as you get from GMail. I run my own email domain and IMAP server for exactly the reasons you give here. The email delivery to my Z10 is every bit as fast as it was to my 9810 on BIS.
    04-09-13 08:12 AM
    Why should we need to change our emails provider to be able to receive the email instantly! If you don't need BIS it will be your choice but do respect the need of the other users. WE NEED BIS BACK AS AN OPTION!

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10
    04-09-13 01:52 PM
    Why should we need to change our emails provider to be able to receive the email instantly! If you don't need BIS it will be your choice but do respect the need of the other users. WE NEED BIS BACK AS AN OPTION!

Contact your email provider and see if they have an option for Imap idle?? I use Rogers Yahoo POP email and it sucks being polled every 15min, but because of the carriers wanting BlackBerry to drop BIS, this isn't going to be an option.
    04-09-13 01:55 PM
    Contact your email provider and see if they have an option for Imap idle?? I use Rogers Yahoo POP email and it sucks being polled every 15min, but because of the carriers wanting BlackBerry to drop BIS, this isn't going to be an option.
    Yes I do have many yahoo account and I'm disappointed with the delay! #needbisbackasanoption

04-09-13 01:59 PM
    Hello I hope that BlackBerry will integrate in the next patch the missing BIS function on the OS10 for email account (toggle button in network settings : enable BIS 1:0) and that will be the choice of the end user to subscribe for it or not but not a regression as it is now. I know that many of us are missing their legacy functionality and are frustrated. BlackBerry CEO said that he will pay attention of the BlackBerry's user feedbacks and here they are..

Feel free to add comments if you are thinking like me

Sean

Sorry, what functions are you talking about again?
    04-09-13 02:19 PM
    ..... my concern over the loss of BIS is the potential delays in getting urgent messages.
    You need an email provider which offers IMAP IDLE and delivery will be instantaneous. My personal account with IMAP IDLE is as fast as my Microsoft Exchange account with EAS.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    Lots of folks say "get IMAP IDLE", but no suggestions as to who offers that.

FWIW, I'm w/ Comcast, which means POP3, and the more I try to educate myself on email on the Z10, the more confused I get.
    04-09-13 02:20 PM
    Sorry, what functions are you talking about again?
    BIS as an option for emails browser and some apps!

04-09-13 02:24 PM
    Yes I do have many yahoo account and I'm disappointed with the delay! #needbisbackasanoption

ok we get that, but it's not going to be an option. BlackBerry and the carriers have made the deal for BlackBerry to drop BIS. BlackBerry is loosing about a $1 billion in revenue a month or year (I can't remember exactly) because of dropping BIS. Unfortunately the issue is to take it up with your carrier. We need to demand BIS back and make the carriers pay for BIS.
    04-09-13 02:24 PM

Browser and some apps? Why because of no data compression? Get used to no compression. BIS was a tunnel for 2G (edge) data, not big enough to handle LTE traffic.
    04-09-13 02:25 PM
    I experince delay of 10-15 min sync of emails sent from my laptop outlook to Z10. While in BIS email system, it was instantaneous. I eagerly wait to have BIS again on Z10.
    What are you talking about -- outlook or Hotmail are the same -- I still use Hotmail and my emails are instant not delayed... in the email set-up there is a choice of when receiving those email mine is set-up to push
    04-09-13 03:00 PM
    you should change from pop email to something better. imap or active exchange. Hell give Outlook.com 50 bucks a year and live better!
    04-09-13 07:14 PM
    Yeah, except since the update you couldn't send attachments or reply to emails if you'd have an imap idle email provider like me.
    No problem for my IMAP idle provider....

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 10:33 PM
    you should change from pop email to something better. imap or active exchange. Hell give Outlook.com 50 bucks a year and live better!
    50 bucks? Nooo com on its cheaper to pay BIS than paying $50 for an email provider

04-10-13 01:23 PM
    You will wait for a very long time, somewhere between infinity and forever.

BIS is not coming back, ever.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 01:33 PM
    You will wait for a very long time, somewhere between infinity and forever.

BIS is not coming back, ever.

Posted via CB10
    Lol says you.
    Show me where anyone from BlackBerry has confirmed this?
    People passing off their opinions as fact do the worst harm to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 01:51 PM

I really dont follow your logic... But like Bla1ze said, no amount of wishing will bring BIS back (and the things you've mentioned so far aren't quite BIS as I remember).
    04-10-13 03:23 PM
    Browser and some apps? Why because of no data compression? Get used to no compression. BIS was a tunnel for 2G (edge) data, not big enough to handle LTE traffic.
    BIS could handle hspa+ no problem which in some cases can be almost as fast as LTE
    04-10-13 03:30 PM
81 1234