Hello I hope that BlackBerry will integrate in the next patch the missing BIS function on the OS10 for email account (toggle button in network settings : enable BIS 1:0) and that will be the choice of the end user to subscribe for it or not but not a regression as it is now. I know that many of us are missing their legacy functionality and are frustrated. BlackBerry CEO said that he will pay attention of the BlackBerry's user feedbacks and here they are..

Feel free to add comments if you are thinking like me

Sean

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10
    anon(5828343) and maltiwi like this.
    04-08-13 04:52 PM
    Hi there and I'm just wondering why you feel you NEED to have BIS over all the other options available?
    habs_fan likes this.
    04-08-13 04:56 PM
    i hope so.....my BIS data plan of 300mb in Portugal cost me 9USD per month..getting a Z10 will force me to move to a "normal" data plan at least with 1GB and will cost me more then the double...
    and im guessing that 1gb per month wont be enough for me .....
    04-08-13 05:00 PM
    I like where this thread is going.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 05:08 PM
    Not going to happen ever!!

BlackBerry dropped BIS because of the carriers and they conceded. The carriers told BlackBerry they had to drop bis and the fees of the new OS.

BlackBerry complied and lost a huge part of its revenue stream.

Don't like it, yell at your carrier not BlackBerry!!!

Posted via my ZED 10 on CB10
    Spawn12 likes this.
    04-08-13 05:10 PM
    I'm happy with the normal data plan, in my country it's cheeper than the BIS data plan with more limit..

Like i was using BIS on my old 9860 torch i pay 1 BHD which is about 2.5 or 3 USD for 100MB weekly..

Now on my Z10 using a normal data plan for the same price but with 300MB weekly ..

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 05:21 PM
    There were also rumours before the playbook was released that BlackBerry was having trouble getting QNX to play nice with BIS.

I guess being in a country where bandwidth is fairly cheap and more people can afford higher data plans I forget it's not like that everywhere.

Honestly though I've had mine a little more than a month I'm almost done my 1st billing cycle with just the z10 and I'm only at roughly a gig of data used. And I'm on this thing all the time. I do use wifi once home

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 05:27 PM
    Hi there and I'm just wondering why you feel you NEED to have BIS over all the other options available?
    I was going to say (since this is one of the things that has me hesitate in getting the Z10....as I say, my wife has one now, I covet her phone, except...) my concern over the loss of BIS is the potential delays in getting urgent messsges.

I use my BlackBerry as an on-call pager (I was one of the first people in my company to have BYOD'ed...long before the term was coined, actually, and I was directly responsible for at least a half-dozen other co-workers getting BlackBerrrys, as well...and then my company started supporting Android and iOS devices, and insists on complete control of my device were I to have it connected to BES, and turned off the BlackBerry Redirector....Arrrrghhh. Taking a deep breath....okay. I'm better again.)

Anyway, I'm aware that GMail and other email providers do push email. I just tested how quickly I get email to my GMail account, and it is instantaneous...so that reservation is dismissed. So, here's another....I don't like that Google sniffs at my email, in order to advertise to me (I know, I know, there's no such thing as a free lunch). But, my reservation now is confidentiality. While I almost always get email from work that contains no confidential information, the potential exists, and I do not want to be responsible for being the source of a privacy breach. BlackBerry, we all know, is famous for its security and privacy standards....and losing that, as well as an email account that I've grown fond of, is something that I'm going to have to overcome.

I do still like my 9900, and therefore I'm not desperate to dump it, either. But the question remains...what is out there that will replace the phone's BIS email, is as fast at delivery and protects the sender's privacy?
    04-08-13 06:45 PM
    Once they manage to program BB10 to work with BIS, if they ever do, hopefully it will become an option again.
    We just have to wait for BlackBerry to get their act together.
    04-08-13 08:05 PM
    Carriers need to give people more data, stop ripping us off. I think its stupid carriers demand this in a world wide depression. Great timing!
    04-08-13 08:16 PM
    I like where this thread is going.

Posted via CB10
    You mean like nowhere and then downhill???

I don't know what makes anyone think there will ever be a BIS product for BB10...it will never happen. Get over it and move on everyone.

There are NO e-mail delays with the Z10, BIS or not...it is instant for almost all mail accounts, and for sure for all of the big ones, like gmail, hotmail, active sync (exchange) and many others...

Sigh......
    mset, Spawn12 and Bla1ze like this.
    04-08-13 08:21 PM
    Once they manage to program BB10 to work with BIS, if they ever do, hopefully it will become an option again.
    They already do. BBM works off of BIS which was an issue before with the Playbook, your information is outdated now

Posted via my ZED 10 on CB10
    04-08-13 08:46 PM
    You've not been paying attention. With the Z10 and BB10 successors, BlackBerry has given up the revenue from carriers selling/serving BlackBerry devices, and BIS for the new devices is not needed nor will it ever be. The only direct/private email now will only be through BES, with the costs for providing this service borne by the companies that use it.
    04-08-13 09:16 PM
    How about. $750 in international roaming for just email. Rather than $120.
    04-09-13 01:00 AM
    Hello I hope that BlackBerry will integrate in the next patch the missing BIS function on the OS10 for email account (toggle button in network settings : enable BIS 1:0) and that will be the choice of the end user to subscribe for it or not but not a regression as it is now. I know that many of us are missing their legacy functionality and are frustrated. BlackBerry CEO said that he will pay attention of the BlackBerry's user feedbacks and here they are..

Sean

Get over it, man. Nothing like that is coming.

Posted via CB10
    pels_17 and Spawn12 like this.
    04-09-13 01:07 AM

I don't know what makes anyone think there will ever be a BIS product for BB10...it will never happen.

There are NO e-mail delays with the Z10, BIS or not...it is instant for almost all mail accounts, and for sure for all of the big ones, like gmail.....
    Agree 100%. There's zero value in even asking the question. All the serious BBRY tech guys on these threads have made it perfectly clear.

FBA, re: instant gmail push functionality, I have been stunned to discover that my Gmail, which was pushed instantly to my (mildly hated) iPhone, is delayed on Google's own device, the Nexus 4. I only have the Nexus as an interim while waiting for needed-for-work functionality on Z10 (>30 day email and Skype). Do you use regular (i.e. unpaid) Gmail in Canada?
    04-09-13 01:52 AM
    I was going to say (since this is one of the things that has me hesitate in getting the Z10....as I say, my wife has one now, I covet her phone, except...) my concern over the loss of BIS is the potential delays in getting urgent messsges.
    You need an email provider which offers IMAP IDLE and delivery will be instantaneous. My personal account with IMAP IDLE is as fast as my Microsoft Exchange account with EAS.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-09-13 02:54 AM
    You need an email provider which offers IMAP IDLE and delivery will be instantaneous. My personal account with IMAP IDLE is as fast as my Microsoft Exchange account with EAS.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    Yeah, except since the update you couldn't send attachments or reply to emails if you'd have an imap idle email provider like me.
    04-09-13 03:16 AM

Sean

This of the new OS10 devices as an iPhone, Android or Windows device as far as email functionality but with a better OS. BIS will never be a feature for OS10 devices, if you MUST have it then I am sorry you'll need to go back to a 9900.
    04-09-13 05:15 AM
    Why are we talking like "yes it should come back or no it will never come back". Why not have the option. If somone (like me) is willing to pay for BIS, why not have that optin (from Blackberry or the carrier I do not care)? I would like to have BIS back, not because of network speed, but because of secuety and data compression! AND I am willing to pay for that option!

RJR
    04-09-13 05:27 AM
    Why are we talking like "yes it should come back or no it will never come back". Why not have the option. If somone (like me) is willing to pay for BIS, why not have that optin (from Blackberry or the carrier I do not care)? I would like to have BIS back, not because of network speed, but because of secuety and data compression! AND I am willing to pay for that option!

RJR
    BBRY is losing money on BIS because since OS 6 and 7 where you could go into setup->email accounts and add your other email access to your device, and a lot of people have stopped using BIS all together. If you want it come back think about this; carriers would be able to make more money off now as they could charge you a completely different price to use the BIS service, since it's costing BBRY an arm and a leg to maintain even for the old folks who still have their OS5, 6, and 7 devices they in turn could charge the carriers a higher fee for using it which would only be reflected back to the customer.
    04-09-13 05:36 AM
    BBRY is losing money on BIS because since OS 6 and 7 where you could go into setup->email accounts and add your other email access to your device, and a lot of people have stopped using BIS all together. If you want it come back think about this; carriers would be able to make more money off now as they could charge you a completely different price to use the BIS service, since it's costing BBRY an arm and a leg to maintain even for the old folks who still have their OS5, 6, and 7 devices they in turn could charge the carriers a higher fee for using it which would only be reflected back to the customer.
    Absolutely and completely wrong, BIS was and still is a source of revenue, it did not cost BlackBerry money, it made them money. So much so that when they announced the end of it investors were worried and it drove the share prices down.
    04-09-13 05:57 AM
    How about. $750 in international roaming for just email. Rather than $120.
    In that case I would suggest to setup an own BES and use data compression on BES connection while roaming. This option will be still available, at least for security reasons of the corporate users.

Posted via CB with my Z10
    04-09-13 06:15 AM

RJR
    I assume you have realized in the past that the additional security using BIS is not comparable to the additional security you gain with the BES.

So if there are serious concerns talking about security, BES would be the solution to look at.

Posted via CB with my Z10
    04-09-13 06:23 AM
    You've not been paying attention. With the Z10 and BB10 successors, BlackBerry has given up the revenue from carriers selling/serving BlackBerry devices, and BIS for the new devices is not needed nor will it ever be. The only direct/private email now will only be through BES, with the costs for providing this service borne by the companies that use it.
    The only costs associated with that are the BES licences, as there is no additional data cost. BES10 does not need or use any special data plan.
    04-09-13 06:32 AM
81 123 ...