OK fine you have BIS. Now what?
    01-26-14 09:00 AM
    And to also add, I pay very little compared to what I would have paid if I used the so called bb10 plans made available by carriers here.
    And I get to do everything as I would on a bb10 plan.
    BIS - #1,500 with 3gb data allowance
    BB10 - #3,000 with 1.5gb data allowance

Awaiting 10.2.1 official while on the leak(2 days and counting)
    Look, the major feature of BIS (at least for most people) was compressed data which kept the price down, and free email while roaming. The 10 series phones cannot use the BIS compressed data. (BIS also required you use BBerry email client). When I bought my Z10 I hesitated because they were dropping BIS (my wife has it on her legacy phone). But since I am on T-Mobile USA, their new, low overseas data roaming worked fine for me.

But, BBerry is a backbone device for emerging markets because of the BIS plan. So, they simply reduced your data costs (like T-Mo USA did), but in your case they're calling it some form of BIS. But they're just calling it that. The point was to keep customers satisfied and still sell 10 series phones. The dead giveaway is one of the post here claiming iPhone would also work on this "BIS" plan. If it were really BIS, that would be impossible.
    01-26-14 09:10 AM
    OK fine you have BIS. Now what?
    Nothing.

01-26-14 09:14 AM
    Honestly one last thing I could conclude from all this is that the carriers in my country should have nicknamed the plans "Blackberry Plans" and not BIS plans. Though that(BIS) is what it has been called since blackberry got introduced in my country.

http://www.gloworld.com/nigeria/pers...ckberry-plans/

http://www.gloworld.com/nigeria/pers...blackberryz10/

Last edited by shorski; 01-26-14 at 09:44 AM.
    01-26-14 09:24 AM
    Everyone is telling you its not a special plan. The reason why your Sim may not work in other phones is because the APN might be different or perhaps something else is being done on a carrier level, but it's not Blackberry nor thedevice. The fact that you choose to ignore everyone doesn't make them wrong. In Canada when the Z10 first came out, carriers here told people the same thing as a way to push people off plans the carriers didn't want them on anymore.

The Z10 does not require a special plan like the older BBOS devices did, however your carrier may be doing something to prevent it working on those generic plans.
    01-26-14 09:51 AM
    It's never my intention to make people think I see their views wrong.

If you think I didn't regard your views and just flushed them down the toilet, accept my apology.

01-26-14 10:07 AM
    Honestly one last thing I could conclude from all this is that the carriers in my country should have nicknamed the plans "Blackberry Plans" and not BIS plans. Though that(BIS) is what it has been called since blackberry got introduced in my country.
    Well, on the first link for BB 10 devices, there is no mention of BIS. Only, BB10Max; BB10Mid; BB10 Lite.

BlackBerry Z10 Plans from Glo
    Category Package MSR (N) Data
    Keyword
    BB10Max Month 3000 3 GB MaxMonth Week 1050 700 MB MaxWeek
    BB10Mid Month 1400 2 GB MidMonth Week 600 500 MB MidWeek
    BB10Lite Month 1000 200 MB LitMonth Week 400 50 MB LitWeek

On the second link it mentions BIS, but says nothing about series 10 phones. In fact, as you can see from the first link, they are calling the new packages for series 10 phones: "BB10Max; BB10Mid; BB10 Lite". Not BIS. That's because the 10 series phones... don't work on BIS.
    Last edited by scrannel; 01-26-14 at 10:43 AM.
    01-26-14 10:32 AM
    Well, on the first link for BB 10 devices, there is no mention of BIS. Only, BB10Max; BB10Mid; BB10 Lite.

BlackBerry Z10 Plans from Glo
    Category Package MSR (N) Data
    Keyword
    BB10Max Month 3000 3 GB MaxMonth Week 1050 700 MB MaxWeek
    BB10Mid Month 1400 2 GB MidMonth Week 600 500 MB MidWeek
    BB10Lite Month 1000 200 MB LitMonth Week 400 50 MB LitWeek

On the second link it mentions BIS, but says nothing about series 10 phones. In fact, as you can see from the first link, they are calling the new packages for series 10 phones: "BB10Max; BB10Mid; BB10 Lite". Not BIS. That's because the 10 series phones... don't work on BIS.
    That's what I was saying that I am not using the ones for the 10 series but the ones that have BIS mentioned on them which are for the legacy phones. They work on my z10.
    And they do not work on any other phone apart from blackberry phones.

You can now see where I am coming from with my views.

01-26-14 10:49 AM
    Bis not working in z10-mockit_26012014171854.jpg

SMH

Posted from Z10 with 10.2.1.1925 leak. Pwnage apparatus!
    01-26-14 11:19 AM
    That's what I was saying that I am not using the ones for the 10 series but the ones that have BIS mentioned on them which are for the legacy phones. They work on my z10.

OK, last time. I understand your views. And, some carriers have allowed users to keep their BIS plan from a legacy device. But, dude, the 10 series cannot operate on true BIS. It will not function. It cannot operate on the compressed data of BIS, nor can BIS email client. Anyway, have a great day!
    01-26-14 11:34 AM

OK, last time. I understand your views. And, some carriers have allowed users to keep their BIS plan from a legacy device. But, dude, the 10 series cannot operate on true BIS. It will not function. It cannot operate on the compressed data of BIS, nor the BIS email client. Anyway, have a great day!
    01-26-14 11:34 AM
    You're right. It isn't BIS. It's a marketing gimmick by the carriers.

BTW, this is correct.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk
    01-26-14 11:36 AM
    Thanks all. Have a great day.

01-26-14 11:49 AM
    It's like having the keys to your old car in your pocket when you drive your new car. The car runs, but it'd got nothing to do with the key in your pocket, it's the one in the ignition that made it start.
    01-26-14 01:33 PM
    I used to pay bis. After BlackBerry officia l updated me about no bis for z10 I called my carrier ufone pakistan and informed them but to make.money they didnt listen and to test my knowledge I shut the bis and activated gprs and z10 works better than money making fake bis scheme of carriers.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 01:38 PM
    It's like having the keys to your old car in your pocket when you drive your new car. The car runs, but it'd got nothing to do with the key in your pocket, it's the one in the ignition that made it start.
    Actually my car runs with the keys in the pocket lol

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-26-14 04:13 PM
    There is still something BIS like for email. I have email at a web hosting company and can get the server logs. The BlackBerry servers do feed the email where I have my web hosting.

But the actual internet compression is gone. Simply go to www.ip2location.com and you will see you are not on a BlackBerry server. This is pretty clear cut.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 06:52 PM
67 123