Why this service is remove, if removed the why not tell at the time purchase ya in advertising, why make us fool the phone hang many times update issues, software installation issues

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 04:03 AM
    Mmm hmm... Tell me more
    ams083 likes this.
    01-23-14 04:23 AM
    I understand with the BB10 phones there is no need to add a separate BIS account and to be honest I'm grateful. I'm one of the ones that had problems with the BIS service. I would have to rest it or update it at my carrier website about 3times a year on my old Torch 9810 often especially after I would install a new OS. With the way the new OS works it takes the data less time to pass through the network more efficient I think that's better for me personally. Besides if your carrier had a issue your email would be frozen & under the new system it takes it out of their hands and puts it on yours.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 04:54 AM
    In my country. The old BIS plans do not work for the new BB10 devices. But new BIS plans Were created for BB10 devices. Contact your carrier

From Zuri my Z10.
    01-23-14 05:54 AM
    Bb10 does not use bis

Posted via Z10 from Lithuania
    01-23-14 06:02 AM
    Bb10 does not use bis

Nope you're wrong. Over here. We have the option to use it if you want to.

From Zuri my Z10.
    01-23-14 06:16 AM
    What? Bb10 on BIS??

channel C000F331C- my Z30 rocks!
    01-23-14 06:40 AM
    Nope you're wrong. Over here. We have the option to use it if you want to.

From Zuri my Z10.
    MTN has been claiming they can use BIS on their 10 series machines. However they offer a new "BIS Lite" What it seems they are doing is offering data plans that mimic BIS options. Unlimited packages etc It's a bit of a shell game, because in emerging markets the loss of BIS was seen as counter productive.

On the BBerry support forum they occasionally get MTN customers who cannot get their Z10s to work because they've been told they will work on a legacy BIS plan. But they won't. MTN has been all over the map on this -- trying to get people off legacy plans when they expire etc. Then claiming to have revised BIS to run Z10. IF you can force the phone to run on BIS you will lose streaming and other "modern" phone features.

TechSuplex | MTN blocks BlackBerry 10 access to BIS [Update] - TechSuplex
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-23-14 07:17 AM
    This has been known for over a year or two now.

Research was lacking on your part.

CB10 via Verizon Z10. 10.2.1.1925
    illlya likes this.
    01-23-14 07:51 AM
    In my country. The old BIS plans do not work for the new BB10 devices. But new BIS plans Were created for BB10 devices. Contact your carrier

From Zuri my Z10.
    BB10 does not use any kind of BIS. Period.

01-23-14 07:52 AM
    Bb10 does not use bis

As stated MTN has a "BIS Lite" which is not legacy BIS at all. Just a data plan that mimics BIS features. Sort of.
    01-23-14 10:19 AM
    Am in the same country as davinci4real and I use the bis plan on my z10. Yes, you heard me right. BIS on BB10.
    Glo Absolute plan works on my z10.
    Used it on my bold 9930 and it still works fine on my z10 with 3G data

Awaiting 10.2.1 official while on the leak
    01-23-14 10:26 AM
    Am in the same country as davinci4real and I use the bis plan on my z10. Yes, you heard me right. BIS on BB10.

BB10 doesn't require BIS anymore but some carriers still require you to have it(Bell in Canada) though BB10 BIS is different in that data is no longer compressed.

Z10 Running 10.2.1.1925 Take that Mr App Gap!
    01-23-14 11:03 AM
    As stated MTN has a "BIS Lite" which is not legacy BIS at all. Just a data plan that mimics BIS features. Sort of.
    There is NO BlackBerry Internet Service for BB10 right now. The carrier should not be calling something they offer as BIS when it's not from BlackBerry.

kbz1960, Laura Knotek and andy957 like this.
    01-23-14 11:05 AM

I too have BIS activated on my plan. Doesn't mean the phone uses it though. If I put my sim into a legacy device, it fires back up again.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 / Telstra
    01-23-14 02:21 PM

Z10 does not work on BIS. You may have signed up for the plan, but you are running regular data. Glo and MTN announced "new" data plans for the 10 series. BES is avail, but not BIS. The phones cannot physically function on BIS.

Glo BlackBerry 10 Plans, Price & Code - Nigeria Technology Guide
    gemoelle, Laura Knotek and andy957 like this.
    01-23-14 03:19 PM
    Z10 does not work on BIS. You may have signed up for the plan, but you are running regular data. Glo and MTN announced "new" data plans for the 10 series. BES is avail, but not BIS. The phones cannot physically function on BIS.

Glo BlackBerry 10 Plans, Price & Code - Nigeria Technology Guide
    I know about the so-called bb10 plans and I was on it before.
    But I must tell you, I changed to the bis plan because I was actually getting everything the bb10 plan has to offer on the bis plan.
    Only difference is pricing and data allowance. And BIS serves me better.

Awaiting 10.2.1 official while on the leak(5 days and counting)
    01-23-14 03:41 PM
    I hope no one is paying more for a "BIS" plan. It can't be anything more than calling it that to make customers feel better.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-23-14 03:49 PM
    I hate not having bis because now it uses crazy amounts of data
    I went over 6gs in less than a month ******* bs

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 03:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    How much more are you doing now though? I know people hate Google but I've read that they are coming out with a browser that compresses data kind of like Opera mini does.
    01-23-14 03:57 PM
    I read somewhere all the emails and other things going through BIS used less battery on OS7.1. So if BB10 does not use BIS then does it mean that it is using more battery to sync?

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 04:43 PM
    I know about the so-called bb10 plans and I was on it before.
    But I must tell you, I changed to the bis plan because I was actually getting everything the bb10 plan has to offer on the bis plan.
    Only difference is pricing and data allowance. And BIS serves me better.

Awaiting 10.2.1 official while on the leak(5 days and counting)
    Dude, I so hate to break this to you: if you are using a Z10 you are not on BIS. MTN (or whomever) may be telling you you're on BIS, but what they have done is concocted BIS-like plans to placate their customers. There is no BIS data compression etc. Here's two links, but if you do a search there are plenty more. Of course, people are going to believe whatever they like.

BlackBerry Z10 BIS - The EE Community

Will Q10/Z10 work on a legacy BIS package? - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    Laura Knotek and andy957 like this.
    01-23-14 06:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't know why some people are using so much data, unless it is just because they're using so much data. My usage has settled at the same amount as my 9810 with the same usage pattern, except now I can have more email accounts and calendars configured.

Bis not working in z10-img_00000262.png

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 08:59 PM
    Dude, I so hate to break this to you: if you are using a Z10 you are not on BIS. MTN (or whomever) may be telling you you're on BIS, but what they have done is concocted BIS-like plans to placate their customers. There is no BIS data compression etc. Here's two links, but if you do a search there are plenty more. Of course, people are going to believe whatever they like.

BlackBerry Z10 BIS - The EE Community

Will Q10/Z10 work on a legacy BIS package? - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    I don't know why you keep dragging this with me. I'm only voicing my opinion.
    The same plan I have been using way before bb10 rolled out is the same plan I am using now. So, is it not right for me to say so, at least it is called BIS plan. Unless of course, we never had BIS plans as claimed by our carriers.
    Just let it be. It's my opinion. Thanks.

Awaiting 10.2.1 official while on the leak(4 days and counting)
    01-23-14 11:44 PM
    I don't know why you keep dragging this with me. I'm only voicing my opinion.
    The same plan I have been using way before bb10 rolled out is the same plan I am using now. So, is it not right for me to say so, at least it is called BIS plan. Unless of course, we never had BIS plans as claimed by our carriers.
    Just let it be. It's my opinion. Thanks.

Awaiting 10.2.1 official while on the leak(4 days and counting)
    Not trying to get in the middle or anything, but just wanted to say, people get a little riled up about it because of all the misinformation that is out there. That, and the fact that this topic has been beaten to death many times over. At the end of the day, BIS really isn't an "opinion", ya know? I mean, either it is, or it isn't. The fact that some carriers haven't changed the name or branding or whatever you want to call it, attached to the plan, doesn't change the fact that certain factors that we came to rely on from the legacy OS's designated BIS data plan, just no longer exist. At least not for us
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-23-14 11:53 PM
67 123