So with the new Z10, I knew there would be changes. The only one I don't like is that the birthdays in my Contacts list are not automatically in my calendar. I don't want to manually enter them all! Is there a way I just don't know about? Also, every time I edit a contact, it's changing the birthdays to today's date. WHY!!! Can anyone help me?
    02-06-13 02:25 AM
    Oh god I love this phone more!!!! I hated this about my 9930. All it ever did was fill up my calendar!!! Thank goodness. Sorry for you tho. Hope there's a way to turn it on but keep it off
    02-06-13 02:49 AM
    I have the same issue. None of my contacts birthdays are in my calendar!
    02-07-13 08:22 AM
    How are you guys synching the data? Via outlook? restoring from DM? Does DM still work with BB10?

I've had the same problems, but with the newest DM with a 9900 hooked up to the computer. Did a backup but DM won't restore contacts properly, or will double-up the calendar entries...

Seems BlackBerry took a page out of that and incorporated the problem with Z10 .
    02-07-13 08:31 AM
    Oh wow...i can't get ANY of my calendar entries to restore. I've tried using bblink about 3 times and it doesn nothing. i'm about to manually reenter my ENTIRE calendar. ANY help would be appreciated fellaz!!
    02-07-13 08:37 AM
    this is rather disheartening... "mobile computing platform" but won't sync calendar entries?
    02-08-13 11:21 AM
    Been browsing the forums all morning and nothing on this front, clearly this is an issue and not even a ******* kb article about it. Getting real pissed
    02-08-13 12:53 PM
    I've pretty much moved on. I had the same entries in my Google calendar and I did the ActiveSync thing to get my Vancouver Canucks calendar on there too, as per another post on Crackberry about adding multiple Google calendars. It's actually better this way I think because my previous contacts calendar entries were inconsistent. With every new phone there will be some changes. This one was not world ending, and I think the syncs now are way better. Guess BlackBerry knew what they were doing. Plus there are a lot of people who hated the contacts syncing.
    02-09-13 01:47 AM
    Also, a lot of people hated or didn't "understand" automatic birthdays in calendar ...
    02-09-13 03:04 AM
    Ah, I'm glad someone started this post. As I too was surprised my birthday event aren't in being populated in my calendar. This kinda sucks, I kinda depended on this feature to help me remind me of these things...you know those last minute gifts!! haha

Now I'm contemplating maybe I'll just have to put them in to Google calendar instead and bring them down that way. I hope Blackberry 10 will fix this. I really enjoyed that feature.
    02-09-13 10:59 AM
    Does any one can help about the birthday appear on calendar? Cant understand the designer miss out about thiis...... Existing version on bold 2 can do this function, why not on z10
    04-05-13 10:06 AM
    i dont get it...all my birthdays are in my calendar...and i didn't add them in myself...so....
    04-05-13 10:20 AM
    I have my contacts' birthdays listed in Outlook which puts in on the calendar on Outlook and it all comes over fine to my Z10 via ActiveSync.
    04-05-13 10:39 AM
    My existing birthday contacts in calendar are intact, just need to re arrange it in calendar to all day but when i key in new contact birthday didnt appear in calendar
    04-08-13 07:29 PM
    I m really **** off , contact birthday didn't appear on calendar, contact activity certainly disappear...... Wish BB will fix it as soon as possible.....
    04-09-13 09:01 AM
    Been browsing the forums all morning and nothing on this front, clearly this is an issue and not even a ******* kb article about it. Getting real pissed
    Do you mean a KB article here or on BlackBerry's website?

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-09-13 09:04 AM
    Does any one can help about the birthday appear on calendar? Cant understand the designer miss out about thiis...... Existing version on bold 2 can do this function, why not on z10
    Have you posted in BlackBerry's own forum about this? I will be because I think there should be an option in the calendar app to show/hide contact dates like anniversaries and birthdays.

04-09-13 09:16 AM
    I m really **** off , contact birthday didn't appear on calendar, contact activity certainly disappear...... Wish BB will fix it as soon as possible.....
    gary_q,

I found this post but for me it didn't work.

See if it works for you
    http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...ght/true#M1037

bermie2000 likes this.
    04-09-13 10:03 AM
    Didn't work for me (

Love My Z10, Posted via Excellent CB10
    04-09-13 01:20 PM
    I have my calendars on my gmail account too and as I had this, bdays are beign displayed OK, did not notice that the calendar did not took that info from my contact details ...

This one would be a nice to have on next release
    04-09-13 01:38 PM
    I'm so annoyed... I switched from 9700 and synced all my data with the Zed. I first had to change all birthdays manually in my contacts because the format didn't correspond with the new Zed format.
    Now that I'm through with that I noticed another issue. All of my birthdays start a day earlier... it's driving me crazy. as a test I removed the series for one of my contacts and also removed her birthday in her contact info. When I tried to re-add it it didn't appear in my calendar. Why is that? I hate having a messy calendar.

I hope I'm making any sense...

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 12:55 PM
    Ok so deleted all birthday reminders manually in my calendar now...so how do I get the birthdays of my contacts in now?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 01:23 PM
    I'm so annoyed... I switched from 9700 and synced all my data with the Zed. I first had to change all birthdays manually in my contacts because the format didn't correspond with the new Zed format.
    Now that I'm through with that I noticed another issue. All of my birthdays start a day earlier... it's driving me crazy. as a test I removed the series for one of my contacts and also removed her birthday in her contact info. When I tried to re-add it it didn't appear in my calendar. Why is that? I hate having a messy calendar.

I hope I'm making any sense...

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure that it is not the reminder that is for one day early?

EDIT: Please read this entire thread. The answers you seek were posted in earlier posts.

04-10-13 01:46 PM
    gary_q,

I found this post but for me it didn't work.

See if it works for you
    http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...ght/true#M1037

I don't have this mythical "Birthday" calendar either.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    04-10-13 01:53 PM
    Are you sure that it is not the reminder that is for one day early?

EDIT: Please read this entire thread. The answers you seek were posted in earlier posts.

I did read the entire thread - I always do. Anyway I removed everything and dled MeeBirthday to get all the birthdays in my calendar. I don't understand why this is not done automatically

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 02:39 PM
30 12