Hi!

My father has a BlackBerry Z10 for a few months, and it has a big problem battery. It is catastrophic. Even doing all that to be done to save battery (turn off the Push, brightness, disabling wifi, bluetooth, disable gestures unlocking etc ...) autonomy is very bad. He takes his Z10 in the morning at 7:00 and at 1:00pm the Z10 has no battery. It's dead. While my father uses it very little! No social networks, no games, no GPS ... Only a few calls, SMS, emails.

I'm sure it's his Z10 that has a problem because my girlfriend also has a Z10 and lives a lot longer! She takes her Z10 at 7:00 in the morning and in the evening at 5:00pm it still has 20% or 30%. She uses the Z10 lot of in the day : Pinterest, Facebook, eMail Push, Instagram, Candy Crush ...

Anyway, I'm sure my dad's Z10 has a problem. But I do not know what to do. We could send the phone for repair but it means that my father will not have a smartphone for about a week. That's a lot. He needs his phone for work.

I wonder if it would not be enough to buy a new LS1 battery? Indeed, maybe the problem is not the phone but the battery?

So I ask you your opinion. Do you think the problem is with the battery or the phone? Change the battery will be ok or should we send the Z10 for repair?

Thank you for your advice ...
    09-29-14 07:19 AM
    It could be an app running in the background, or a bad reception area which can drain the battery really quickly, does he have access to Wifi with his work? If so keep it connected.

How many e-mail address does he have syncing on the phone, reduce the sync frequency.

I suppose it could be the battery, can you swap with the other phone to check?

Posted via CB10 using my Z10 STL100-2 /10.2.1.3247
    09-29-14 07:36 AM
    The blessing in having a removable battery. Yes, sometimes batteries can be faulty. If you've adjusted all your settings and there is no improvement in battery life; buy a new battery. I have a z10 on the same batter I bought with the phone over a year ago. It gets me from about 7AM -2PM with pretty heavy use.

Let us know how it goes for you.
    09-29-14 07:36 AM
    Thank you for your answers. He has two email accounts but uses manual synchronization. So the problem is not there. He uses the wifi at work. He closes all the time the applications. He does not use the active frame.
    Unfortunately my girlfriend and my father do not live in the same city and can not be seen before Christmas so we can not test a battery swap...

So you think this is not a malfunction of the device but a battery problem? Is it better to buy a new battery first before sending the Z10 for repair?
    Last edited by leBIZBIS; 09-30-14 at 05:22 AM.
    09-29-14 07:50 AM
    Hi!

My father has a BlackBerry Z10 for a few months, and it has a big problem battery. It is catastrophic. Even doing all that to be done to save battery (turn off the Push, brightness, disabling wifi, bluetooth, disable gestures unlocking etc ...) autonomy is very bad. He takes his Z10 in the morning at 7:00 and at 1:00pm the Z10 has no battery. It's dead. While my father uses it very little! No social networks, no games, no GPS ... Only a few calls, SMS, emails.

I'm sure it's his Z10 that has a problem because my girlfriend also has a Z10 and lives a lot longer! She takes her Z10 at 7:00 in the morning and in the evening at 5:00pm it still has 20% or 30%. She uses the Z10 lot of in the day : Pinterest, Facebook, eMail Push, Instagram, Candy Crush ...

Anyway, I'm sure my dad's Z10 has a problem. But I do not know what to do. We could send the phone for repair but it means that my father will not have a smartphone for about a week. That's a lot. He needs his phone for work.

I wonder if it would not be enough to buy a new LS1 battery? Indeed, maybe the problem is not the phone but the battery?

So I ask you your opinion. Do you think the problem is with the battery or the phone? Change the battery will be ok or should we send the Z10 for repair?

Thank you for your advice ...
    Question #1 would be, is it a STL100-1?
    If so, this is just the beginning. If not, send it for repairs. Changing batteries probably wouldn't be enough.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 07:53 AM
    Question #1 would be, is it a STL100-1?
    If so, this is just the beginning. If not, send it for repairs. Changing batteries probably wouldn't be enough.

Posted via CB10
    It's a STL100-2. The EU version I think.
    09-29-14 08:04 AM
    It's relatively cheap to buy another battery, I would recommend the battery bundle which has a case which the battery sits in and can be charged in, I have one myself.

If he can't be without the phone for long then this is probably going to be the quickest way to see it it is the battery and secondly if it isn't he can carry a fully charged battery with him, the advantage of a removable battery!

Let us know how it goes

Posted via CB10 using my Z10 STL100-2 /10.2.1.3247
    09-29-14 08:22 AM
    Did he use Viber 10 on Z10? This is one of a lot reasons which drain your battery like hell.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 08:34 AM
    Thank's. I think we have to buy the battery bundle.

Nope he does not use Viber.
    09-29-14 08:45 AM
    I second your opinion. Viber drains my battery noticeably.

I have had the similar problem recently. (weeks after I uninstall Viber) The phone heated up of no reason and the battery drains steadily. From the time it left the charger at 8 am to 11am, I am down to a pitiful 30%. Less than 20 wechat messages sent, no games no open app windows. I felt the heat through my trousers pockets and i got to remove it. This went on every other day for a week before I took serious action.

I did a security wipe, change to new battery. The problem did came back on a couple of occasion but that is so far for the last three weeks. I am having some problem now with the phone call app getting unresponsive to swipes, a restart sets it working again but problem returns.
    Not sure what's wrong.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 08:55 AM
    my z10 heated up of no reason also and still have no solution.

Any one could help?
    09-29-14 12:07 PM
    my z10 heated up of no reason also and still have no solution.

Any one could help?
    What does your device monitor say?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 01:02 PM
    My battery went down in like 3 hours.
    Remedy was to plug it into Link restore to factory settings. Never had better battery use

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 04:07 PM
    Some programs can really drain the battery in the background if they have some notification that hasn't been responded to. Like Google talk or nfl mobile will drain my battery at 10% an hour if I get a message when it is not open. Also the z10 can use like 20% an hour to try to get service in a low service zone. Have him turn off mobile network for a while to see if battery drain is the same.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 11:37 AM