Bb10 has been available to developers for much longer than that.
    It takes time to develop good app for brand new os. I can alw why blackberry is launching z10 in us last. They must've known that many major apps will not be avaliable for lauch. This must've been the reason why z10 was pushed back to 2013 in the first place. I think the phone had successful start so far. I am confident that good apps will come by the end of next month.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    02-16-13 12:03 PM
    I. This must've been the reason why z10 was pushed back to 2013 in the first place.
    The integration was the issue. They all these teams across the company (and contractors) checking in code at the same time and the testing of how everything worked with everything else was huge. For the most part, BlackBerry 10 has probably been feature complete for many months
    02-16-13 12:40 PM
    I check the apps everyday and they seem to be adding quite a few daily. I'm patient so I will wait. I have yet to buy an app cause there is nothing I want yet, but like I mentioned I'm patiently waiting. There's still a lot I'm learning and enjoying on my new device.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-16-13 12:57 PM
    As a happy Canadian with a Z10 (and loving it) I'm OK if some big apps are not coming out until US launch. Fair game... We got the phone before US, they get the phone with big apps on launch, we get the big apps then as well.
    I'm good with all that, if that's the way it goes. Peace to our American brothers and sisters!
    02-16-13 01:15 PM
    They are coming. Look, most of the big app partners are based in the USA. To them the US launch is the start date. So they're not late right now... they're still early. I think you will see a lot of apps come to the catalog over the next six weeks as US launch happens. Can't come soon enough!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-13 01:38 PM
    When is the US launch?
    02-16-13 01:46 PM
    When is the US launch?
    Hopefully, all major carriers in the USA will have the devices available by the end of March. Some obscure carriers have them already but that is limited to say the least. My guess is either AT&T or T-Mobile will begin selling on March 11.
    02-16-13 01:48 PM
    When is the US launch?
    Sounds like six weeks from now.

02-16-13 01:59 PM
    What are you going to troll about when they do become available? That they're too late?
    Exactly my thoughts - Nothing new from him so we'll just move on and ignore his posts - Looks like he is making a lot of friends in this forum
    02-16-13 02:03 PM
    I've seen the screen shots of it on BB10, so it's out there, just not released yet.
    I saw screen shots of Skype on the Playbook too. Anyone can draw an icon...
    Darlaten likes this.
    02-16-13 02:09 PM
    Have you tried Sports Tracker? Very similar and works well. I has Endomondo before on my 9900.
    I found sports tracker not as accurate as Endomondo. but use it until Endomondo comes to the Z10
    02-16-13 02:15 PM
    They are coming. Look, most of the big app partners are based in the USA. To them the US launch is the start date. So they're not late right now... they're still early. I think you will see a lot of apps come to the catalog over the next six weeks as US launch happens. Can't come soon enough!

Posted via CB10
    So the BB10 Launch on 30th January in New York City wasn't the launch then... just a dry-run... so it didn't count?
    Last edited by JeepBB; 02-16-13 at 02:33 PM.
    02-16-13 02:17 PM
    They will be here before US Launch confirmed

02-16-13 02:18 PM
    Anybody have a time machine to look into the Future?
    02-16-13 02:30 PM
    So the BB10 Launch on 30th January in New York City wasn't the launch then... just a dry-run... so it didn't count?
    Things have obviously not gone according to plan in the US. BlackBerry is improvising. Like the saying goes, no battle plan survives contact with the enemy.

udojahn and ubizmo like this.
    02-16-13 02:36 PM
    Things have obviously not gone according to plan in the US. BlackBerry is improvising. Like the saying goes, no battle plan survives contact with the enemy.

Yup. I figured that it wasn't meant to unfold quite like this.

I don't mind a bit of improv'... that's real life for you... things never go to plan and I admire anyone who comes back swinging and doesn't give up!

Looking forward to the Launch (MkII) then ...
    02-16-13 03:01 PM
    I think this is the same for the rest of the world as well Its human nature for most people regardless of country and race.
    Oh here in the US we'll find something to complain about no matter what, don't worry about that.

02-16-13 05:36 PM
    Anybody have a time machine to look into the Future?
    NO but I would'nt be checking on apps would be lotto numbers and how my life was.
    JeepBB and 00stryder like this.
    02-16-13 05:41 PM
    To reiterate what everyone else has said so far, I got the BlackBerry Z10 on launch day knowing that the big name apps wouldn't be there from the get go...

My guess was that the UK market would serve as a test bed for gauging reaction on overall demand or desire for the BlackBerry Z10 and then quickly iron out any bugs that may have appeared before the general release in the US market (makes sense as the biggest and, as far as I can make out, the most profitable mobile market in the world)

Personally we've all waited this long for BlackBerry 10, what's a few more months?!?

02-16-13 06:00 PM
    With the launch in US on March 11th maybe we can see a release of whatsapp and Skype etc... Before then?
    northernrds likes this.
    02-16-13 07:03 PM
    I hope so for Blackberry's sake.
    02-16-13 07:06 PM
    Yes I know that. About a year. So what? Developers didn't jump on bb10 right away. Do you blame them after the last 4 years of bombs?

Give it time.

02-16-13 07:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's right. Kind of like Americans all think World War II didn't start until 1942
    02-16-13 07:33 PM
    Um, I have a Z10 (as of yesterday), my wife has one, I know half a dozen others who either have them or are purchasing this weekend. It launched. People have them. What "didn't count" about that?
    alan510 likes this.
    02-16-13 07:36 PM
    BTW, the Lumia 920 was shown on September 5, and wasn't available until November. That's an even bigger gap than the Z10.
    02-16-13 07:43 PM
209 12345 ...