who is that b*itch hostess. shes disgusting.
    03-29-13 07:23 AM
    "After using the phone for just a couple of hours, the display had grease all over it that couldn�t be rubbed off and it started to interfere with touch sensing for different tasks. No, I�m not that greasy." quote from BlackBerry Z10 Review | BGR

Geller : The man with greasy fingers no words needed
    03-29-13 07:31 AM
    The reason they say these stuff is to stir up emotions. I saw a webinar recently about how to increase traffic to your blog, and one of the methods suggested was to create controversy and play two opposing sides against each other. If he waxed lyrical about BB how many of people would even bother to comment. Look around on this forum, the posts that generate the most responses are the negative ones.
    mset and peter9477 like this.
    03-29-13 08:24 AM
    What I'd like to see is an accurate demographic listing on all smart phones. What age groups, business levels, games players etc. use what platform. They mention the fact a 3 yr old can pick up an IP and can work it. If thats the target audience then they have succeeded. I use my 9930 for business with limited apps and the apps I have are for business with only 1 game. Just curious if a successful business platform and no success for gaming makes it losing bet. Apparently there are a lot of experts in this area, but it seems to me that most are making blanket statements as fact.
    I would also like to see an accurate demographic updated. Though I am not on the same page with you on gaming and use in general.

Expanding typology of user base (diverse segment distribution) for BB is a core strategic goal and very needed in deed. It is part of the core marketing features (marketing not as in publicity/ advertising), but marketing as a whole business procedure of strategic sales panification.

here is one from January 24, 2012 Smartphone Usage Statistics 2012 [Infographic] | AnsonAlex.

You will see many points there, although the data is not current.

one of them being: The most popular smartphone activity is texting, followed by internet browsing and playing games.

Some more current but no so in depth stats from Feb 2013: http://bgr.com/2013/02/25/tablet-sma...-study-343522/
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 03-29-13 at 08:49 AM.
    03-29-13 08:37 AM
    "After using the phone for just a couple of hours, the display had grease all over it that couldn�t be rubbed off and it started to interfere with touch sensing for different tasks. No, I�m not that greasy." quote from BlackBerry Z10 Review | BGR

Geller : The man with greasy fingers no words needed
    Wow after reading that review.. He shares some of my same gripes!!

I never read reviews before I buy a device because I do want to miss out because a review has an agenda.. but reading his review and the after that finding theverge review.. i know I am not going crazy..

I still like the OS and I feel they are maybe 2 or 3 updates from a fully consistent and polished OS. Problem is the competition will be that much further head..

I feel it is lose /lose

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 08:43 AM
    I just watched some of it. Very funny. When the hostess said why would anyone switch from iphone to BB if it doesn't have a physical keyboard when they can use iphone's virtual keyboard, he, later, with the help of the other guy, made the case for BB. It's the best virtual keyboard currently. I bet the folks over at Apple are busy trying to top it.
    03-29-13 08:44 AM
    What an *****. He's talking about there is no money to be made in the Blackberry ecosystem... I guess he doesn't know that developers make the most money in Blackberry World compared to any other ecosystem. Oh well, some people will just always be stupid. What a shame!
    That must be the reason I can't find a decent app in it.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 08:57 AM
    There's a general bias against BlackBerry 10, specifically the Z10, that stems from lack of knowledge of the platform and comparisons to other platforms without giving credence to some of the most important strengths BB10 has to offer. A review by unqualified bloggers who simply state "There's not enough apps. Processor/screen tech is a year behind. Camera sucks." misses the core of what BlackBerry is trying to do. It doesn't take into account that it's a new OS. It doesn't take into account that the hardware is more than suitable for an OS that doesn't require more. It doesn't take into account that it's strengths lie in communications (what a phone is actually for) by having the best virtual keyboard available, great voice quality, and fantastic reception/data speeds compared to other top tier phones.
    To be frank, i'd say YOU don't get it too. The strengths you offer are present on the competitors too. The flagship Android phones, for example, have great reception quality, great data speeds, great voice quality and great keyboards too. BB10 keyboard has some awesome tricks up its sleeve, but Android flagship phones have way larger screens...which translates to larger virtual keys. Pair that advantage with Swiftkey and any gap in keyboard competence is practically eradicated.

It's not about what 'blackberry is trying to do'. it's about meeting the needs of your customers. An inferior camera to the frontline opposition is a fair complaint...cameraphones are now being used by many many millions as their imaging device of choice. 1080p screens may be overkill, but the SLCD and HD AMOLEDs showing up in many of the Android based competitors for 2013 offer improved pixel density, viewing angles and better brightness than what BB has out now.
    The biggest critical point in reviews these days has been about the app count, and it's a VERY fair point indeed. The world has changed, people WANT apps. ****, Blackberry users want apps too, judging by the number of folks shrieking with glee on the CB homepage whenever a new game gets released for BB10.

The Z10 is not perfect...I'm not sure why folks don't take that into mind when they see these reviews that point out the flaws. Reviewers gave Windows Phone 8 the same treatment last year (to the delight of many at CB) so why the faux surprise at the same reasons being offered at the reviews this year?
    richardat likes this.
    03-29-13 09:28 AM
    The only interesting thing I noted about Geller was his body language after the other guy (anchor?) on the panel interjects about the keyboard. First, he immediately says "best keyboard i've ever used" (wonder if he would have volunteered that otherwise)? Also the lean back in the chair (putting physical distance between himself and the person speaking) and the smile at the comment...

I know people will think that's possibly a crazy observation but people who know a bit about body language might agree. Just an observation.
    It is not crazy Imo. It is an indicator of his limitations and his arrogance to my eyes...
    03-29-13 09:33 AM
    It is not crazy Imo. It is an indicator of his limitations and his arrogance to my eyes...
    And you are reading something into nothing because...?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 09:36 AM
    If I was BGR, I'd continue ripping the Z10 and BlackBerry to pieces. After all, for every negative article they publish, Crackberry forums are all over it with a large readership. Cha-ching!

My two cents...flame away!

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    03-29-13 09:40 AM
    Sad to say but Tech journalism as gone the same way as TV news. Criteria,
    1) At least 1 Bimbo
    2) No news
    3) If you have to report news, then this must be done in a sensationalist manner
    4) Dispationate and accurate news if forbidden
    etc etc. So these tech sites report in the following way
    1) actual news. "Blackberry returns to profitability" Story reported " One months grace before Deathnell for Blackberry"
    See what I mean. Look it's no good getting mad at the gibberish spouting from so called Tech writers. always remember that somebody pays his or her wage. Contact the owners and in a clear and consise manner respectfully point out that the quality of their reporting is becomind very sub standard and explain why.
    03-29-13 09:56 AM
    I did not see anything overly negative about BB. What I saw and heard was a repeat of the past information, an overemphasis on saying units shipped are not units sold in spite of clarification at the earnings call of an _approximate_ sell through rate and a dwelling on the apps situation implying it was an overwhelming driver of sales.

There was no serious look at what differentiates the Z10 from other smartphones. There is an overemphasis on similarities with Apple phones making it look like the Z10 is being dismissed as an also-ran.

In all honesty, I find the interview devoid of useful information. Spouting off what is already known and either deliberately ignoring or making no effort to find strengths and only bringing forth popular misconceptions as "factual" ends up with me looking elsewhere for my financial information. If I was a bear on BB, I would take comfort in hearing what I want to hear just as if I was a shareholder and hearing what I want to hear about the positives. I suppose this speaks more to the general state of journalism which appears to be centred more on strong opinion and controversy than passing on complete facts tempered with balanced and informed insight into these facts.

I have no doubt that the challenges for BB in the US are greater than in any other major economy. It is too early yet to be so dismissive of BB given that very little marketing has occurred there. I do understand that not that many more major apps will come to BB until there is significantly more market penetration but that won't be the sales driver for the next three quarters. The sales will have to be driven by the phone itself, what it already offers and how effectively this is communicated to potential customers. If BB's offerings fulfill an unmet need out there and people know about it, people will buy them in spite of the situation with respect to the apps.

One final observation on apps. If BB starts to garner a lot of interest and a large group of users choose an app that performs similar function to an existing major app, these users may end up sticking with the new-found app rather than going back to the old one. Some major app developers may quickly find themselves left behind.
    Last edited by Enyigma; 03-29-13 at 10:20 AM.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    03-29-13 10:05 AM
    And you are reading something into nothing because...?

Posted via CB10
    Something into nothing for you...
    Is it so hard for you to see his posture and smile being discrediting? he is plain arrogant and sarcastic that i s why.

I read something I consider to see and that is my opinion. You are entitled to yours. However your tone is not appreciated the least.
    03-29-13 10:55 AM
    Something into nothing for you...
    Is it so hard for you to see his posture and smile being discrediting? he is plain arrogant and sarcastic that i s why.

I read something I consider to see and that is my opinion. You are entitled to yours. However your tone is not appreciated the least.
    I guess I can flip the coin and ask if your post is any less arrogant?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 11:23 AM
    I guess I can flip the coin and ask if your post is any less arrogant?

Posted via CB10
    Yes you can flip all the coins you like, no problem, have fun
    03-29-13 11:27 AM
    Its a conspiracy....

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 11:31 AM
    Its a conspiracy....

Posted via CB10
    The Oompa Loompas are to blame!

03-29-13 11:36 AM
    Not sure if this is already on here (apologies if it is)

CNBC, really must know if these guys are on crack or something. JG also stating that BB can't/wont make cos Microsoft (with all the money pumped into WP8 marketing) didn't succeed, he can't see BB succeeding with BB10. Really??????????? He must know something we all don't
    More like kids playing in a sand box!
    03-29-13 11:37 AM
    Expanding typology of user base (diverse segment distribution) for BB is a core strategic goal and very needed in deed. It is part of the core marketing features (marketing not as in publicity/ advertising), but marketing as a whole business procedure of strategic sales panification.

I agree, and thanks for the links! I just think that statements from "boy geniuses" are sometimes short sighted. There is a device for everyone depending on your individual needs. If a company is hitting their target demographics it doesnt mean failure, but there is nothing wrong in trying to expand your demographics.
    Again thanks for the links
    currentodysseys likes this.
    03-29-13 11:38 AM
    Yes you can flip all the coins you like, no problem, have fun
    So there you go arrogant is as arrogant does.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 11:48 AM

I agree, and thanks for the links! I just think that statements from "boy geniuses" are sometimes short sighted. There is a device for everyone depending on your individual needs. If a company is hitting their target demographics it doesnt mean failure, but there is nothing wrong in trying to expand your demographics.
    Again thanks for the links
    I totally agree with you. I believe that the focus of these talks are wrong in most cases, when they plan things on a Apple vs Android vs BlackBerry logic. It is only natural to do so initially, because they all (wp as well and any other platform) fight for a share in a global market. Where i disagree and consider focus is not right, is that while they all are smartphones, they are built and addressed to market segments (in the case of blackberry) as well as whole client pools.

To explain: Yes BB is precisely trying to expand its demographics and there the discussion is about the way it will compete with other platforms and this is very true.

On the other hand they almost always leave out the part where a platform diversifies and tries to *create* new segments. This can be done by creating, implementing features and usability that is differentiated to the rest of mobile platforms and I am not referring to UI or apps.
    For example, if they create mobiles that can be also used for managing systems this segment could be a future target for BB based on the OS difference and QNX implementation on other areas. T. Heins has himself pointed this out in a way by declaring ""we intend to lead the move from mobile connection to mobile computing". and
    "Soon we will give you ways to connect your mobile experience not just to other people but to the world around you,".... "You will be in the middle of things and you will be connected to the internet of things; this is what being connected will mean in the future."

Of course to get there, BB needs a solid user base and winning the stable 3ed place in the mobile phone global market, which in my perception might be their stepping stone for their long term strategic target.

Just my understanding and speculation here, not meaning it is true, but precisely for that I would like to see some further in depth discussions that go beyond "5 y.o use this" that are "promotional" mainly through debate and nothing more than that.

Thanks for the interesting discussion
    03-29-13 11:51 AM
    So there you go arrogant is as arrogant does.

Posted via CB10
    WELL DONE! now that you have gotten it out of your chest and feel you did something constructive for today, let us continue with the thread on topic. (you can flip more coins in the meantime, don't mind us).
    03-29-13 11:53 AM
    who is that b*itch hostess. shes disgusting.
    Becky Quick
    03-29-13 11:58 AM
    WELL DONE! now that you have gotten it out of your chest and feel you did something constructive for today, let us continue with the thread on topic. (you can flip more coins in the meantime, don't mind us).
    Yes. Your arrogance is quite constructive. Not to mention the whole condescending tone of your post.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 12:36 PM
102 12345