guy has ALWAYS been a BlackBerry hater. And that's OK. He's allowed to have an opinion as we all are. But what I don't like is the almost contempt for the product to the point where the reviewer almost tries to convince people to move away. No, just give the facts but don't tell me how to think nor suggest what I want/need.

I remember when the Torch was released and he was interviewed. His tone, of course, was belittling but when he was asked directly. "Is it a good phone?", he responded ... "If you're a BlackBerry fan" as if there was some sort of class of cell phone user and he immediately put himself on the upper echelon of that perceived hierarchy.. His opinion means nothing.
    That's a telling comment actually, speaks to his bias and that he 'lumps' users into those kind of categories. Sounds like he might overgeneralize all users into different camps. Wonder how he's getting his mind around the 55% "other smartphone user" adoption rate of the Z10? Must be causing some real cognitive dissonance in his noodle...
    03-28-13 01:28 PM
    I wonder how much the "other/s" pay this guy.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    03-28-13 01:28 PM
    guy has ALWAYS been a BlackBerry hater. And that's OK. He's allowed to have an opinion as we all are. But what I don't like is the almost contempt for the product to the point where the reviewer almost tries to convince people to move away. No, just give the facts but don't tell me how to think nor suggest what I want/need.

I remember when the Torch was released and he was interviewed. His tone, of course, was belittling but when he was asked directly. "Is it a good phone?", he responded ... "If you're a BlackBerry fan" as if there was some sort of class of cell phone user and he immediately put himself on the upper echelon of that perceived hierarchy.. His opinion means nothing.
    The Bold 9000 was the last BlackBerry that Geller actually liked and praised, and since then, he's been crapping all over BB. And it's funny, some of his reviews of BlackBerry products has been
    A new phone, but same old boring OS... BBOS needs an update bla bla bla
    which is hilarious when Apple (the company he whacks off to every night) has had the same OS for 6yrs? He's just so in love with Apple, and doesn't matter what negative things Apple does, he, like most of the iphone followers shrug it off.
    ilikebacon, aggie and bigbmc26 like this.
    03-28-13 01:31 PM
    We are waiting for our time to come... Toronto will (if they ever win the cup) have biggest cup celebration in the NHL history... My very first leaf game was back in 1989 and I remember Wendal Clark and Bob Probert getting into one of their biggest fights and both guys were so bloody after lol. Ah nothing like an original 6 match up on a Saturday night lol
    You leafs fans will get your turn to celebrate just like we did when we won it in 1996 after 50 years and we had a great ride for the next ten years with 3 more. My favorite player of that dynasty will always be Stevie Y #19 (Hall of Fame). By the way, that spat between Clark and Probert made Don Cherrys top ten fight picks, not bad and like a true fan "Go Wings". Hopefully we make the playoffs for the 21st time in a row.
    03-28-13 01:34 PM
    You leafs fans will get your turn to celebrate just like we did when we won it in 1996 after 50 years and we had a great ride for the next ten years with 3 more. My favorite player of that dynasty will always be Stevie Y #19 (Hall of Fame). By the way, that spat between Clark and Probert made Don Cherrys top ten fight picks, not bad and like a true fan "Go Wings". Hopefully we make the playoffs for the 21st time in a row.
    I'm fairly young (33) and I have to say, I'm Stevie Y fan myself, but nothing compares to Gordie....

This year, I hope the leafs make the playoffs for the first time in 8 seasons lmao and start our run towards the cup. But it's going to be hard when Pittsburgh just got stacked and I'm really like Boston in the East and Anahiem or Chicago from the West taking it.
    03-28-13 01:38 PM
    I'm fairly young (33) and I have to say, I'm Stevie Y fan myself, but nothing compares to Gordie....

This year, I hope the leafs make the playoffs for the first time in 8 seasons lmao and start our run towards the cup. But it's going to be hard when Pittsburgh just got stacked and I'm really like Boston in the East and Anahiem or Chicago from the West taking it.
    I agree about the Penguins being stacked and no offense, but I am not a "Cindy C" fan. I watched the Boston/Montreal game last night and the Bruins look pretty damm good. I still stay it's going to be between the Ducks and the Hawks. I like the Hawks, young and fast. It should get real interesting when the playoffs start. My favorite time of the year, I am true hockey fan and even if the wings get knocked out, I still enjoy watching the run for the cup. It's the greatest and fastest game in the world.
    03-28-13 01:51 PM
    A new phone, but same old boring OS... BBOS needs an update bla bla bla
    which is hilarious when Apple (the company he whacks off to every night) has had the same OS for 6yrs? He's just so in love with Apple, and doesn't matter what negative things Apple does, he, like most of the iphone followers shrug it off.
    Sounds like he's 'locked in' on Apple from what you say. Yeah, it's like anything people are very passionate about, they filter information and reject anything that conflicts with their perceived view. To be fair, I've done it myself in the past, though I try to catch myself when I do it!
    malcerie likes this.
    03-28-13 01:55 PM
    BGR HATES BlackBerry !!! to h**l with them...
    Last edited by pr627; 03-28-13 at 02:00 PM. Reason: changing wording
    03-28-13 02:00 PM
    Quick! Someone make some calls and let's get Kevin to CNBC! Really!
    03-28-13 02:00 PM
    Geller also remarked that iOS was getting a bit boring and later said that Apple didn't need to make a new OS that the current one was very easy to use (even to a 2yr old) and why make a new OS when what you have is still as good if not even better than anything on the market. What a d##bag
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    03-28-13 02:07 PM
    If you ignore him and don't give him press then he will be ignored and may even go away. He should have written a piece on Apple in the late 90's and just changed the names. It is too bad that BGR is even read. I ignore it and move on. Negative articles are written to get your worked up. Enjoy your Blackberry and lets look forward to the future and new things to discover.
    03-28-13 02:11 PM
    Everyone, please don't be so surprised. bashing BBRY get's your blog hits and views. If someone bashes HTC, yawn! I have been saying for years RIM ( BBRY) is my fav smartphone company with THE WORST brand. If they spent 50% more on brand support, customer love and PR, we may be unable to buy the stock ( too expensive). The point is, the company was run poorly for a few years, it's the truth and it's being dealt with now. The Smartphone race is very very competitive. APPL and Samsung are playing for very large dollars, MSFT, Nokia want in and BBRY will need to learn what it takes to really compete.

But right now, the brand, and therefore the product is easy fodder for "experts"

It takes time......it just takes time OR a marketing budget like Samsung.
    Snap51 and malcerie like this.
    03-28-13 02:11 PM
    I love how much butthurt Gellar had when they didn't give him a dev alpha device. If he hates BB so much, why did he want one? Oh. Yeah, to bash it... Which is why they didn't give him one lol

BTW, Let's Go Pens!
    aggie likes this.
    03-28-13 02:34 PM
    Oh yeah! Red wings for life! I'm a die hard red Wings fan

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 03:46 PM
    It's been a long while since Gellar (Boy Genius lol) has been relevant. I never took him seriously in the first place with a name like Boy Genius. For the last couple years his site has been nothing but an Apple circle ****. Rarely is there a positive thing said about anything non Apple. Its almost as if they try to find reasons to convince readers to not buy anything if it doesn't have the Apple logo on it. It is this kind of bias by so called experts that will harm consumers limiting our options. HTC is already about to become a casualty of this. There is no need for one single company to win the smartphone wars, they all can have a piece of the pie and be profitable. However, speculative trash like what is spewed from BGR would lead you to believe otherwise. If I were a betting man, they are LONG APPL and short BBRY and everyone else. I'd venture to say alot of these self proclaimed tech experts slam great devices and spew speculative crap such as BBRY is not going to make it for their own personal gains.
    03-28-13 03:55 PM
    I love how much butthurt Gellar had when they didn't give him a dev alpha device. If he hates BB so much, why did he want one? Oh. Yeah, to bash it... Which is why they didn't give him one lol

BTW, Let's Go Pens!
    Since the Stars insist upon sending all of our talent to the Pens, I've pretty much become a Pens fan from afar. BTW, feel free to take Goligoski back.
    03-28-13 03:58 PM
    :-) I'm still using my trusty 9000, waiting for the Q10!!!!
    aggie likes this.
    03-28-13 06:38 PM
    Jonathan Geller and the entire BGR crew is f**ked. I don't value their reviews and assessment on devices because they are biased.So they don't exist anymore in my life ...
    03-28-13 06:39 PM
    I'm a Habs fan....but on topic, I remember when their crew was developing TweetGenius, their own twitter client for BlackBerry. BGR hasn't always hated on BlackBerry, but once they turned, it was a complete rejection.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 07:25 PM
    Actually, if you watch the whole segment... about halfway through one of the anchors (who's playing with the phone while they talk) interjects and mentions the keyboard to which Jonathan Geller replies "...best virtual keyboard I've ever used...". I don't know his history as a reviewer, and overall he's skeptical and giving his 'skew'. He at least explains his reasoning even if I don't agree with him.

EDIT: Saw you referenced that in your PS. On a side note, the blonde anchor seems a bit clueless.
    Yeah typical critique. Talk about how much they love the keyboard, etc and then summarize by saying there is no reason to use it.

Posted via CB10
    Enyigma likes this.
    03-28-13 11:23 PM
    "That's a big issue for me in terms of looking at it".

This guy doesn't even know how to formulate a coherent sentence in English.

If the other guy hadn't pointed out that the keyboard is awesome, do you think the Boy Genius would have done so? Not a chance in ****.
    03-29-13 02:35 AM
    obviously wall street (that has no emotional attachment other than making money) does not agree with him ... neither do I.

Oh, and if you go on CNBC you better call companies by their official names i.e BlackBerry not Research In Motion (little before min 2).

good for him...

I will give him credit on the marketing being badly implemented according to what users here post from their visits in the stores though. (It remains to be seen what BB means by "stepping up their marketing and how this will be implemented)

EDIT: Seriously the "5 yo can use it" argument is totally moronic... it is like saying, keep technology so simplified for the mass idiotic bunch of users.. I find that line of argumentation at least offensive. What some people do not realise is that the newer generations have grown into the touch era, their perception and learning is different an I do not see why technology while kept simple, has to be reduced to "to be used by a moron" UI... lack of insight and lack of real foundation.

The line between simplicity and practicality reaches a moment where the two are not parallel... in essence, "complexity" (if swiping around can be considered complex) gives attributes and features that enhance productivity and effectiveness. At least I feel like that with the Z10 as a user... and I am only 2 years old... lol
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 03-29-13 at 06:28 AM.
    03-29-13 06:13 AM
    Well, well, well, well.

Looks like I was right through all of that positivity. No matter how nice he was about the z10 or blackberry I always said it is only to help his grand scheme of things. Turns out I was right.

Same goes for that little weasel misek who still hasn't turned on blackberry, but will soon.
    03-29-13 06:39 AM
    What I'd like to see is an accurate demographic listing on all smart phones. What age groups, business levels, games players etc. use what platform. They mention the fact a 3 yr old can pick up an IP and can work it. If thats the target audience then they have succeeded. I use my 9930 for business with limited apps and the apps I have are for business with only 1 game. Just curious if a successful business platform and no success for gaming makes it losing bet. Apparently there are a lot of experts in this area, but it seems to me that most are making blanket statements as fact.
    03-29-13 06:59 AM
    a few things: JG says that HTC are losing money, while their last quarter was profitable. He keeps calling BB 'Research In Motion'. He makes a point of 1M shipments, not sales, while it was already clarified that a good number of those were sales. Furthermore, JG states that only paid apps make money and only iOS provides an ecosystem that can sustain paid apps, of which both are wrong: free apps can be supported by ads, and the BB users have been shown as having a greater propensity to spend.

Generally, a ridiculous conversation.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    03-29-13 07:06 AM
102 1234 ...