Based on RIM's utterances over the past two years, and unless I have misunderstood what was being said, this is what I think will happen:- The future for RIM is BBX and it would make no sense to spend time planning an upgrade path for OS7 devices. OS7 will co-exist with BBX for some time to come. I am sure that new phones will be introduced for BBX. These will probably have to wait for enhanced battery technology to cope with dual core processors. PlayBook 2 is likely to be a 3G version and as such would be a logical addition to the range.
    12-02-11 06:51 AM
    This has been a VERY interesting read. Truth of the matter, NO ONE knows when QNX phones will be released. I would bet that RIM themselves don't fully know. I also believe that if a Q3 launch was leaked, Kevin would know about. Until he posts something on here about it, I wouldn't even try to guess on a release. I know BGR has had some close dates before, but generally speaking they have been wrong a lot too. Just my thoughts on the matter.

On a side note, I have been able to upgrade since Sept, but the trusty 9700 works great and holding out for the London/Colt/any other name they decide.
    12-08-11 11:53 AM
    This has been a VERY interesting read. Truth of the matter, NO ONE knows when QNX phones will be released.
    Well rim has dropped q3 and now says "late" 2012.

Which means q1 of 2013. You can pretty muchkiss the possibility of seeing qnx phones next year goodbye.
    12-17-11 04:06 PM
    What's with you guys man. Why you so uptight about berries having the latest specs all the time. Does it not work good as a phone already? Why the f do they need quad cores and stuff to qualify as good. Its not about the specs for a bazillionth time. Berry's have "always been behind the times" if you wanna call it. But they still work good for those who like berries. The only thing they really need to change is get rid of battery pulls and get a better battery life. But its not like I'm gonna die if they don't have quad cores. Jezuz. I mean the wait does hurt though. If your so concerned about that your browser needs to download a tenth of a second faster then get a frikin android or iPhone. But if I'd rather much be using my crappy pos OS 4 Pearl flip than my working galaxy s 2 then rim surely must be doing something right. Yes there ceos suck and they are in a bad spot right now due to all the people in a zombie state wanting the new shiny games and such. But that doesn't make blackberry a bad product. As for apps? The only useful ones I use on my galaxy are the same ones I used on blackberry. Oh and this took at least around 10 minutes to type on my galaxy s2 despite Owning it for 6 months and being a heavy texter.
    01-14-12 05:37 PM
    @enze..

everyone has their own opinion and given BB market share in smartphones has plummeted then you are in the minority... The market has spoken...just sayin
    02-19-12 07:59 PM
    @enze..

everyone has their own opinion and given BB market share in smartphones has plummeted then you are in the minority... The market has spoken...just sayin
    The market also watches Jersey Shore.
    02-20-12 03:05 AM
    ROFL.. yes, and reality shows as well..but thats what you get when you go after the consumer market...more volume, lower IQ

The market also watches Jersey Shore.
    02-20-12 06:52 AM
107 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD