Hey,

I ordered a charger bundle and i was asking myself: what's the best way to actually use it?

Would you recommend to just swap the battery when one is empty and use the charger bundle to charge both at the same time?

Or would you rather use the bundle to charge the battery in the phone using the little cable? My concern here is: aren't you wearing out both battery that way? On the other hand you can't wear out a charger, right?

So what do you think is best? Swap or charge? And is repeadetely removing the battery door doing anything to it? Does it loosen up over time?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 02:53 PM
    I always wait til the battery runs out, swap on a new one and charge the empty one

Posted via CB10
    reamsm99 likes this.
    07-12-13 02:55 PM
    I always wait til the battery runs out, swap on a new one and charge the empty one

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly what I do

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.483
    07-12-13 02:58 PM
    Me and my coworkers do the same. Works great and I never plug my phone in anymore - ever.
    07-12-13 03:26 PM
    Yeah that's what I did too. When one dies, throw in the other. I haven't used my battery pack in a few weeks now though, usually always around an outlet. Plugging in the bundle while on the go is okay, but only charges slowly.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    07-12-13 03:28 PM
    Swap batteries unless you are doing something where you can't avoid the down time. For instance, you are in the middle of a conference call.

It has been stated that charging the internal battery with the charger bundle only gets you to 60% on the internal battery. I have never done the experiment, but the charger bundle output uses a DC/DC to boost the LIon battery to a charging voltage. That is a source of loss.
    07-12-13 03:47 PM
    Swap batteries unless you are doing something where you can't avoid the down time. For instance, you are in the middle of a conference call.

It has been stated that charging the internal battery with the charger bundle only gets you to 60% on the internal battery. I have never done the experiment, but the charger bundle output uses a DC/DC to boost the LIon battery to a charging voltage. That is a source of loss.
    This. The 60% agree with my observation.
    I am lazy and plug it in, but the better way to use it is to swap out the battery.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 03:52 PM
    Alright. Seems like everyone is a swapper. Have you noticed any changes to the battery door or even the phone? Does anything get loose?

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 04:03 PM
    I did notice after swapping daily for about a month that the battery door didn't click' secure as it used to, stopped using it for a bit now.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    07-12-13 04:39 PM
    I keep the charging bundle with me in case I am on a call and can't swap. Outside of that when the battery tells me 10% I do the swap.

Works perfectly and the battery health is always 100%

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    07-12-13 05:47 PM
    I usually bring the charging bundle out if I will be travelling the whole day, or long distances. Just in case.
    But the battery has been really great to be honest. I haven't needed to swap batteries before
    07-12-13 08:52 PM
    I've used this for about two months now. I'm not sure if it's a good idea, but I always just swap batteries when they die. The door still clips tight. I'm just worried because I thought I read somewhere that it's not a good idea to drain battery fully? (at least with these kind of battery) Time will tell I guess?

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 10:15 PM
    That's exactly what I do

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.483
    Yah that way we would never have to charge the phone directly and it's always good not to leave the battery inside the charger bundle for weeks without touching it; we can rotate the batteries and make sure none of them are left unnoticed .

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 12:00 AM
    I probably pulled the back off the phone half a dozen times. I haven't noticed a difference. But I do understand the concern. Given at how many points the back is secured, I doubt it will ever fall off on it's own if that is the concern. It's not trivial to get the back off, and you need to work your way around the perimeter to get the back seated again.

I don't plan on doing a battery swap on a daily basis. I do have two extra batteries and will rotate them I suppose monthly. I haven't run out of power yet in normal operation.

BTW, I see nothing on the pack indicating it is a crypto battery. I bought the official blackberry batteries anyway, but probably the reason they can peddle that high capacity battery from China is there is no chip inside the battery. Or at least no crypto chip. The battery probably has a protector chip, since all LIon batteries have them.
    07-13-13 02:21 AM
    xBURK, the battery in your phone is lithium ion. They get hot when you charge them from dead. Heat on them stresses them. The older nickel cadmium batteries had a memory that when not discharged fully would quit when you used them again. They NEEDED to be run dead. So, don't let these get below about 20% and they should last longer. Also don't charge them if you are not planning on leaving them on the charger or plugged in for at least 15 minutes.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 02:34 AM
    Side note:

Even when you drain a lithium ion battery to "0%" it still contains some charge and is not completely empty.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 02:57 AM
    If I don't swap batteries that often, should I leave my spare battery in the charger? If not how should I store it?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 10:26 AM
    xBURK, the battery in your phone is lithium ion. They get hot when you charge them from dead. Heat on them stresses them. The older nickel cadmium batteries had a memory that when not discharged fully would quit when you used them again. They NEEDED to be run dead. So, don't let these get below about 20% and they should last longer. Also don't charge them if you are not planning on leaving them on the charger or plugged in for at least 15 minutes.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you so much for this information. Really appreciate it!

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 10:45 AM
    If I don't swap batteries that often, should I leave my spare battery in the charger? If not how should I store it?

Posted via CB10
    Leave it in there, it is perfectly fine.
    It also allows you to plug it into the phone the USB if it is required.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 10:45 AM
    Don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but the other night I had the charger bundle plugged in to the pod and usb cable that came with the Z10, and the phone plugged in to the cord from the charger. I'm running OS 2354 Verizon 100-4 phone. Since loading 2354 I have not had a charger reboot, or any reboots at all. Until then. I woke the next morning with the notice sounds going off and a message on my phone telling me to charge with the charger that came with my phone. Phone was no longer in bedside mode and I had no open apps so I knew it had rebooted. Have had no issues when only plugged to the pod and usb on bedside mode.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 12:59 PM
    You're welcome
    Thank you so much for this information. Really appreciate it!

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 03:51 PM
    I bought the battery pack but found it more of a bother then helpful. I didn?t want to be swapping batteries or plugging some little box in and tucking it behind the phone in my palm of my hand to talk.

It is a good product just wasn?t for me as I always have access to a charger either at home, the office on in the car. So it would be extremely rare for me to run out of battery life. What?s really needed is an extended battery.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    07-13-13 04:36 PM
    Little cable is for emergency. If you are on a call or in middle of tasks. Keep phone on

Swap it if you can afford the restart

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 04:38 PM
    Question. How do you know when the battery charging in the bundle is 100%? Is it not when the light flashes green? Twice today it was flashing green for me but when I swapped it out, it was only at 65% and 75%.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 11:48 PM
    Question. How do you know when the battery charging in the bundle is 100%? Is it not when the light flashes green? Twice today it was flashing green for me but when I swapped it out, it was only at 65% and 75%.

Posted via CB10
    When the green light is still blinking means it's not fully charged - it gets fully charged when the green like is always on without going off.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 12:07 AM
31 12