Hey! Need everyone's help to determine what the best video player is for the z10 with 10.2.1.

I'm regularly disappointed with the stock BlackBerry players' incompatibility to play a lot of torrent video formats. I had since downloaded Kalemsoft Media Player, but recently am finding issues with audio/video syncing. Annoying to see this with an app I paid for.

Now with access to the android store via Snap, I downloaded MX Player which I heard to be the best, but recently I'm also seeing issues with mismatched audio/video, no sound, etc. Also downloaded Android Video Player and HD Video Player, but the results are not ideal.

Seems like I have to float between multiple players to find decent playback. Not sure where exactly the problem lies but I'm guessing it's audio/video codecs that some players have and others don't?

Any suggestions with other players that I haven't mentioned??

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 12:35 PM
    I've only just got my Z10 and I was confused yesterday when trying to play a video file off my phone on the TV using the HDMI out. It won't play it at the native resolution; 1023x576 (16:9). Actually it won't play it properly on the phone display either. You can adjust it in the media player by tapping in the top right corner but its always stretched or cropped or both. I had expected the Z10 to display it correctly because my playbook never had an issue doing so.

Anyway, when I get the update to 10.2.1 (it\s not showing as available yet) then I'm going to try installing the Android version of VLC which is my favourite media player on computers. It's a beta version but should be great.
    02-16-14 11:36 PM
    try MX Player. Download it using SNAP.
    02-16-14 11:56 PM
    Ok, you need to get VLC. I only got this Z10 the other week and was very disappointed when I realised how crap the native video player was because I have a big collection of films and I like to play them out via the HDMI, like I do with my PB. And I was completely prepared to convert them in to something it would play.

I updated to 10.2.1 today and installed Snap. I now have VLC beta and it's playing my MOV files and AVC files, and at their correct aspect ratio.
    02-18-14 09:01 PM
    As I asked in the other thread, which version or what was your Search Term in Snap. I see tons of VLC apps.

On doing a Google Search, I saw a reference to an older version not being available in North America. I wonder if there's some codec/copyright issues.
    Last edited by F2; 02-19-14 at 12:12 AM.
    02-18-14 11:56 PM
    Sorry, been a while since I've participated this much in the forums...

Check out "VLC for Android beta" V0.1.4 from Snap.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 04:24 AM
    That does not show up in my search within Snap. I used the Browser to go to the Google Shop and found it last night but it says it is not available for my device when I click Install and log in to Google.

I wonder if you can share the apk file which would be in your download folder.
    02-19-14 08:51 AM
    If you search for Vlc in Snap it should be the top hit. I tried attaching a screen shot but it isn't appearing.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mellfee; 02-19-14 at 09:33 AM.
    02-19-14 09:21 AM
    Someone did share the apk file. At first, I goofed, trying to install it as a BAR file. But copying it to my z10 and then it installed as the apk file.

Now I have to find that video where the video was stretched left-to-right distorting the image.
    02-19-14 10:25 AM
    Anyone know how to get VLC to look on the SD Card. I see where you can specify a Folder but how does one "name" the sd card. I've seen various methods.
    02-19-14 10:40 AM
    real player

download it from Snap or 1mobile
    02-19-14 10:48 AM
    Here's my .apk file for VLC, if it helps

https://mega.co.nz/#!09IRBJqI!b0oh-b...KLm8kJUAeU0SC8
    02-19-14 10:52 AM
    Sorry, it's getting a bit confusing with two threads open with the same name. I didn't realise you had solved your install issue and I linked the apk file.

As for looking on the SD card, I started by looking for a movie on the SD card using file manager and then holding down on the file and opening with VLC. No w if I look in Directories (in VLC) the external SD card is just listed. Not sure that helps...
    FF22 likes this.
    02-19-14 11:02 AM
    Anyone know how to get VLC to look on the SD Card. I see where you can specify a Folder but how does one "name" the sd card. I've seen various methods.
    Also, here's the link to the VideoLan beta forum. They appreciate any input.

https://forum.videolan.org/viewforum.php?f=35
    02-19-14 11:04 AM